Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Breaks/DnB/Trance/Etc. HELP AT SPACE!!!

Guest DJTeKWReK

Guest coach

wasn't disco the base for electronic music and nightclub culture, hence DISCOtheque ? so how about a disco night at Space ;D J/K .... really J/K ;D

Oooohhh no you're not! This is something that I *definitely* want to do. After I've gotten my own little revolution going.

Back to the topic, come to find out that DJ Tek Wrek spun at our open decks at MOZ last night and, from what I hear, did a good job. So, just wanted to say thanks for coming out! And good luck! Anything we can do, just holla.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AlanS

wasn't disco the base for electronic music and nightclub culture, hence DISCOtheque ? so how about a disco night at Space ;D J/K .... really J/K ;D

It's been before @ Space and Level. No j/k ;)

Guest bcnjunkie

really j/k !, I don't know how I will handle a disco night, well maybe. dunno :-\

how's the wife XL, she still keeping you in place ?

Guest AlanS

really j/k !, I don't know how I will handle a disco night, well maybe. dunno :-\

how's the wife XL, she still keeping you in place ?

Absolutely ;) you should come out to Lush tonight and party with us ;D If you're not working or whatever.

Guest bcnjunkie

hmmm maybe ? but I have a date with two beautiful girls !... my two newborn baby nieces that are just beautiful !

Guest DJTeKWReK

OSCAR G, THIS IS A REPLY IS DIRECTLY TO YOU: About the roots straying. They are. The Edge, Slavation, etc. are the roots, OF THE MIAMI PARTY SCENE, not electronic music. sorry if there was confusion. Second, my point about TRL is that ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS BECOMMING MORE COMMERCIALIZED. WHAT USED TO BE JAZZY MUSIC IN ADVERTISEMENT TURNED TO RETRO, THEN HIP HOP, NOW, ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS TAKING IT OVER. VIDEO GAMES, MOVIES, TV SHOWS, COMMERICALS, RADIO. THE #1 RADIO STAION BY DANCESTAR AWARDS WAS?.... MY POINT PROVEN.

TO ALL OF YOU, I DIDN'T THINK I WOULD HAVE TO POST THE ONE DAMN THING THAT ANY TRUE ELECTRONIC MUSIC FOLLOWER KNOWS: THE POINT OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS TO PUSH THE LIMITS AND BOUNDARIES OF THE MUSIC AND IT'S INTERPRETAION BY THE BOTH THE LISTENER AND PRODUCER. WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS BELIEF?!?!? THIS IS MY POINT OF TRIBAL AND DEEP HOUSE PHASES PROVING TO BE TIRED VERY QUICKLY. WHY? EVEYRONE'S TRYING TO DO THE SAMETHING. NOW IT'S RETRO MIXES. DO NOT GET ME WRONG. I LOVE THESE STYLES OF MUSIC. JUST NOT FROM EVERY DJ TRYING TO BE LIKE THE REST OF THE SCENE. MAKE SOME NEW FRIGGIN BEATS,. BRING EM TO THE DECKS. DO WHAT TIMO MAAS DOES, INCORPORATE EVERYTHING, AND BRING IT TO THE MASSES. IF YOU ARE A REAL DJ, STYLE OF MUSIC WILL BE TRANSCENDED BY YOUR ABILITY TO CHOOSE MUSIC THAT THE CROWD CAN FEEL, AND THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU PRESENT IT. it's all about the mix. DID I FORGET TO RESPOND TO ANYONE?

OH YEAH, ABOUT THROING IT, AND HELP AND WHATEVER THIS GUY WAS SAYING ABOUT ME AND MY FAME. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GO BAK TO THE ORIGINAL THREAD. READ HOW I HAVE AN IDEA, AND HOW IM PRESENTING IT TO EVERYONE, AND HOW I WOULD NEED THEIR HELP TO DO IT, BUT FIRST, I ASKED FOR EVERYONES OPINIONS AND OUTLOOKS, WHICH HAS NOW TURNED INTO A 6 PAGE THREAD.

GO RENT 24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE AND LOOK AT THE TRUE ORIGINS OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC. IT CAME FROM PUNK. DISCO, ROCK, FREESTYLE AND BREAKS EXPANDED THE GENRE OF ELECTRO TO CREATE HOUSE, DNB, TECHNO, ETC. WATCH THE MOVIE AND BE ENLIGHTENED.

Guest lyrik

OH YEAH, THERE'S A CARVEL ON KENDALL DRIVE AND 127th AV in kendall too!

How about you come out to Lush tonight and see how there can be a different spin to house in Miami. ;D

Guest DJTeKWReK

yo Lyrik, imma come to lush 2nite. i know ALL about house in miami, and the world bro, but im always down to hear another Chemical Brotha's twist on a beat. Throw me some crazy beats. I'll stop by the booth to say what up.

that post is so stupid .. is like u have just told more than one local to go and change jobs because they have nothing until now for the miami scene ..

u like breaks & drum & bass ? good for you, go do it with all your heart but stop bashing around with that stupid speech "a true dj has to do this and that blah blah blah " ....

:-X

Guest bcnjunkie

tekwerk:

I think most of us have seen 24 hr party people, I don't see the relevance. Plus really house is the predecessor to disco and techno arose almost simultaneous, I think these two genres are closer to the roots of electronica alongside electro from new wave and punk. House is still the base for most modern day electronic music thought. Trance, techno, experimental, jungle.... it's all juiced up versions (in some way or form) using house components. pick the layers appart and tone them down and you will find the same loops !

GO RENT 24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE AND LOOK AT THE TRUE ORIGINS OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC. IT CAME FROM PUNK. DISCO, ROCK, FREESTYLE AND BREAKS EXPANDED THE GENRE OF ELECTRO TO CREATE HOUSE, DNB, TECHNO, ETC. WATCH THE MOVIE AND BE ENLIGHTENED.

House from Punk. I don't quite buy that. Disco was before punk. House came from the wareHOUSE. Get it. Chicago. Freestyle came after house. Remember a genre called Garage? That was NY version of House. Which turned into freestyle. And while all this was happening, Techno was Detroit's version of House. Dude your all screwed up. Get your money back from Blockbuster.

Guest lyrik

I think we all just need to simmer and take moment...count to 10...ready?

[move]TOGA!!![/move]

Guest DJTeKWReK

that post is so stupid .. is like u have just told more than one local to go and change jobs because they have nothing until now for the miami scene .. what does that mean? i'm even more confused. BTW, i dont even really like DnB. I like all Electro, which is the overall point. Im happy to see House Heads getting down. Long live the house scene. My point is that many people don't see the changing of times, and I am simply voicing my opinion that we need to watch the future of Electronic music. ALL OF YOU, as House Heads, should yearn to hear better and more expanding house music. I fyou like breaks, the same thing, and so on, and so on. I have no genre. I AM SPEAKING FROM THE POINT OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC AS A WHOLE. To save the direction of the scene into commercialized industry, or at least try to keep the underground alive, because we can all say that it's almost dead around here. (to clarify, no CLUB or LOUNGE can EVER be considered part of the underground.)

To you Andrew Chibale: Dont tell me what i can and can't say about DJs. I AM A DJ. There are two types of DJs. Ones that do it to Look cool and Make money, and those that LOVE THE MUSIC. I'll bet you can figure out awhat kind i am. To clarify further, DJs that love the music expand their style constantly. Did is ay anything about a DJ being bad or such in here? No. I simply stated my OPINION that House music AS A WHOLE, not along an individual DJ basis, is groing mainstream, and in trun, being commericalized. House music's MAIN ROOT is taking ALL music, electro or not, and fusing it with some crazy ELECTRO BEAT you heard, or tweaked, or thought up. Please don't get aggrivated with me. I live by the one great thing started by the all loving family of elctro beat freaks... P.L.U.R. Peace, love, unity, respect. All though some of you may have forgotten that when you traded you gucci shaded for you pacifier, or you Von Dutch Trucker for your WMC Visor, I live it day to day. People are who they are. That will never change. But, people can change music, and that's the whole point here, going back to my original thread. So everyone relax, drop an vicadin or bean, or whatever you prefer, and Chill Out. Pop in some music and recollect on the days when you first discovered the scene and this wonderful thing called Electronic Music. Then, go read my first post again.

Guest AlanS

House from Punk. I don't quite buy that. Disco was before punk. House came from the wareHOUSE. Get it. Chicago. Freestyle came after house. Remember a genre called Garage? That was NY version of House. Which turned into freestyle. And while all this was happening, Techno was Detroit's version of House. Dude your all screwed up. Get your money back from Blockbuster.

yeah..this logic isn't quite right, but he's got passion and that can go a long way, sooo I say tekwrek do your thing, do your thing!

Guest DJTeKWReK

oh yeah, my bad for writing House in the "expanded" part of that post, that was a CLEAR typo, and now that i see it pissed some people off, imma proofread my posts a little more closely... ;D

Guest DJTeKWReK

Check out a Sunrise seeion to help clarify... My point is, I own both, but i never traded in my past to join the new generation of electro headz. I PROGRESSED WITH IT by remembering my past and embracing it. Many left it behind. This translates into my point of house. It's progresiing, of course, BUT IS IT GOING WHERE IT SHOULD? It is definately losing it's past. I'm not saying were in a time of crappy music. THE MUSIC RITE NOW IS JAMMING! I'm just raising awareness.

Guest DJTeKWReK

LOL. For real, whadda thread this has turned into. Can't a moderator just lock this topic?!?!?!?! PLEASE GOD!!!!!!! I DONT WANNA TYPE ANYMORE, BUT I CANT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol ;D