Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Currently listening to ..

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Philip

Seattle’s Jeff McIlwain has been cranking out quirkified electronic fare on Ghostly International since the label’s early days, and now they’ve set some interesting remixers (and Mr. Lusine himself, natch) loose on his back catalog to see what they can make of it, including such luminaries as Lawrence, Apparat, and Deru. That sounds like a great idea, and even if four of the mixes on the CD are from 2004’s Flat Remixes EP, the whole thing still flows pretty well, despite the Frankenstein nature of the remix album.

The three Lusine mixes are spread throughout the running order, adding a unified sound to the proceedings and helping to draw the connection between McIlwain’s lush sound sources and the disparate styles of the remixers. Even the 2004-vintage mixes sound fresh and inspired here, especially the reworks from Matthew Dear (funky, bubbling minimalism) and Dimbiman feat. Cabanne (funky, soulful percussionism).

1. Drip [Apparat Remix]

2. Make It Easy [John Tejada Remix]

3. Flat [Lusine Remix]

4. Flat for You [Matthew Dear Remix]

5. Still Frame [Lusine Remix]

6. Auto Pilot [Deru Remix]

7. Flat [Cepia Remix]

8. Stop [Robag Wruhme Remix]

9. Everything Under the Sun [Lawrence Remix]

10. Flat [Dimbiman Feat. Cabanne Remix]

11. Falling In [Lusine Remix]

12. Still Frame [Multimedia Track]

Guest Marina22

Carl Cox@ Ultra, now this man will never sell out b/c he's a fucking legend. Goosebumps and dancing in my room like a rava. :P

Guest Buck White

Carl Cox@ Ultra, now this man will never sell out b/c he's a fucking legend. Goosebumps and dancing in my room like a rava. :P

That's exactly what I'm listening to. Cox rocks. He has his own 2 hour show on XM radio that comes on every friday @ 9pm. And every friday he

f*cking throws down. Well worth the twelve dollars and ninety-five cents

a month it costs to hear this.

Guest Marina22

I haven't missed Coxie in about 5 years@ Ultra and I get happy/sad listening to this now, so I'm just gonna dance. Wish I would have gone to Ultra now and fuck all the rest..

Guest Philip

Loco Dice releases a 2CD mix just in time for the TDK Time Warp bash in Mannheim.. ‘Time Warp Compilation ‘07’ will be released at the end of March.

Loco Dice is the brains behind big club hits on Ovum, Cocoon and M_nus, and his Time Warp compilation follows on from rated volumes by Tiefschwarz, DJ Hell and Adam Beyer. The mix is in honour of the TDK Time Warp Festival, which has been held in Mannheim, Germany since 1994. This year the nineteen-hour ravetastic marathon features Loco Dice, Sven Vath, Richie Hawtin, Dave Clarke, DJ Hell, James Holden, Ricardo Villalobos, DJ Koze and plenty more besides. Check RA Events for the full lineup.

‘Time Warp Compilation ‘07’ tracklist

Disk: 1

1. Sean Palm - Where's My Dongle?

2. Terre Thaemlitz pres. Social Material - Class

3. Pigon - November in Little Albio Street

4. Five Green Circle - RonanZs BBQ (XHIN Rmx)

5. Ripperton - Tainted Words (Plasmik Rmx)

6. Round Two - New Day (Dub)

7. Dani Koenig - Vincent Hanna

8. Serafin - Berlin Has No Cows

9. Liebe Ist Cool - Take Action (Cassy Rmx)

10. Loco Dice - A Chico A Rhytmico

11. System Of Survival - Anador Lunar

12. D'Julez - Runny

13. Jamie Anderson - Time is Now (Radioslave Panorama Garage Remix)

14. Suburban Knights - Collaboration Alph

Disk: 2

1. Jambi - Lunar Park Blues

2. Boris Ross - Fusion

3. Peace Division feat. Pleasant Gehman - In The Wall... (It's Voodoo)

4. Dan Curtin - Slave

5. Spectrum - Horny Pony (James Priestly and Dan Berkson Rmx)

6. DJ Emerson - Ring My Bell

7. Kevin Saunderson - Bassline (Loco Dice Rmx)

8. Gaiser vs Heartthrob - Nasty Girl

9. Baby Ford & Benno Blome - Smoke Maschine (B. Pronsato Rmx)

10. Audio Werner - Moved

11. Miss Fitz - Gesprech

12. Procession - Sandcastle (Mike Huckaby Rmx)

13. Plastikman - Glob

14. Abe Duque - Trying To Stay Underground

15. Tadeo - Dorado

16. Deetron - Let's Get Over It

:o :o :o

Guest durrtylexx

Time Out Presents: The Other Side Berlin' mixed by Ellen Allien

01 David Bowie – 'Helden'

02 Booka Shade – 'In White Rooms'

03 Quarks – 'Königin'

04 Âme – 'Rej'

05 Rhythm & Sound with Bobbo Shanti – 'Poor People Must Work (Carl Craig Remix)'

06 Miss Kittin – 'Neukölln'

07 Plastikman – 'I Don't Know'

08 Terranova [ft. Tricky] – 'Bombing Bastards'

09 Wayne County & the Electric Chairs – 'Berlin'

10 Monolake – 'Pipeline'

11 Ricardo Villalobos – 'Ichso'

12 Ellen Allien & Apparat – 'Way Out'

13 AGF/Delay – 'You With Now'

Guest durrtylexx

The Field - From Here We Go Sublime

1. Over the Ice

2. Paw in My Face

3. Good Things End

4. Little Heart Beats So Fast

5. Everday

6. Silent

7. Deal

8. Sun & Ice

9. Mobilia

10. From Here We Go Sublime

magical :) 4.5/5

Guest stroller4u

Victor Calderone Presents Evolve (2007)

01. Dennis Ferrer - Transitions

02. Calderone & Vibe - Da Muzik

03. Big Black Boot - Vibrate (Peace Division Deeper Pass Mix)

04. Gabriel Ananda - Doppelwhipper

05. Peter Bailey & Richie Santana - Mind Control

06. Marco Carola - Express Yourself

07. Nic Fanciulli - Lucky Heather (Dubfire's Lucky

08. Cevin Fisher - Koncrete Jungle Part 2 (Peter Bailey's Groovin @ Evolve Mix)

09. Richie Santana - Music Is Freedom (Latenight @ Evolve Mix)

10. DJ Dry Featuring Victor Calderone - End of Rotation (Victor Calderone's 'Let Me Set You Free' Edit)

11. Alex Dolby & Maskio - Jack Is Back

12. Wilson Santos - One Step Beyond (Minimalistic Remix)

Guest Philip

The Field - From Here We Go Sublime

1. Over the Ice

2. Paw in My Face

3. Good Things End

4. Little Heart Beats So Fast

5. Everday

6. Silent

7. Deal

8. Sun & Ice

9. Mobilia

10. From Here We Go Sublime

magical :) 4.5/5

"Over Ice" is a nice one. gotta grab the whole album

Guest Philip

New Berlin talent Efdemin’s debut artist album mixes up minimal, deep house and techno with a fine attention to detail.

Efdemin is the moniker of Phillip Sollmann, who’s just finished up his studies at the Institute For Computer Music in Vienna (there’s an Institute for Computer Music in Vienna? Who knew?) We don’t know if he finished at the top of his class, but judging by his output last year, he probably graduated: 2006 was a very successful year for Efdemin: his track ‘Bergwein’ became something of an underground summer anthem (It placed at #13 in our Top 30 Tracks of 2006). He also landed himself a residency at the Berlin’s clubbing axis Panoramabar, while he also plays regular sets at Cityfox in Zurich, often together with RNDM, with whom he records as Pigon.

The ten tracks of his untitled debut include experimental minimalism, deep house and straight techno, and features the previously released tracks ‘Lohn & Brot’ and ‘Bergwain’ as well as eight new cuts. The album arrives on Hamburg’s Dial Records since 2004, home of likeminded lush technoists Pantha Du Prince and Lawrence, which should clue you into his sound. Also watch out for Efdemin’s ‘Acid Bells’ released on Belgian label Curle, which will be released at the same time as the album.

Efdemin – ‘Untitled’ tracklist

1. Knocking at the Grand

2. Lohn & Brot

3. Le Ratafia

4. Acid Bells (Album Version)

5. Back to School

6. Stately, Yes.

7. Further Back

8. Salix Alba

9. April Fools

10. Bergwein

Efdemin will DJing and playing a couple of rare live sets around this month, including an album release party at Pudel in Hamburg on April 21st. If you’re into new ways of DJs putting together house and techno, RA recommends checking him out. He’s one to watch in 2007.

Guest Philip

Apparat follows up his 2006 collaboration with Ellen Allien ‘Orchestra of Bubbles’ with a new solo LP. ‘Walls’ will be released in late May.

The Berlin laptopper apparently honed the material for the record over two years, in between live dates with Ellen Allien and solo shows. “This record isn't really a focused and conceptual production," Apparat told RA. "It's more of a 'last two years of Apparat compilation.' That's why there's so much different stuff on it, a lot of different influences. When I worked with Ellen we had a certain amount of time and a plan of what we wanted to do. When I made ‘Walls’ I just collected some of the best ideas out of a folder with around seventy unfinished tracks and finished them."

The fourteen-track album promises cellos and vibraphones on ‘Not a Number’, pop on ‘Bassis’ and even bluesy rock on ‘Hailin’ from the Edge’. The album includes a number of vocal cuts, including four tracks sung by Raz Ohara (who featured on Apparat’s ‘Sizilium’ EP) and three tracks sung, for the first time, by Apparat himself. What does he sing like? The press release states that he “whips up a golden falsetto that could give Thom Yorke a run for his money.†Check out the evidence on ‘Arcadia’ over at Apparat’s MySpace. Sounds about right to us.

Look out also for a 12†vinyl also in May, Apparat’s ‘Hold On’ featuring vocals by Raz Ohara. It’ll be backed by Chris de Luca vs. Phon.o and Modeselektor remixes.

Berliners can look forward to a record release party at the Volksbühne on the May 27th with Apparat, Ellen Allien, T.Raumschmiere, Chris de Luca vs. Phon.o, Transforma and Telefon Tel Aviv in attendance.

‘Walls’ tracklist

1 Not a Number

2 Hailin From the Edge – feat. Raz Ohara on vocals

3 Useless Information

4 Limelight

5 Holdon – feat. Raz Ohara on vocals

6 Fractales pt.1

7 Fractales pt.2

8 Birds – feat. Apparat on vocals

9 Arcadia – feat. Apparat on vocals

10 You Don’t Know Me

11 Headup – feat. Raz Ohara on vocals