Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn. Interview Junkie & Pod

AndrewChibale

Guest shannon_coolj.

ah, he survived....

;)

like he said, he's the first cj to be injured in the line of duty

Guest pod

Pain is temporary, chicks dig scars, and nitrogen fog rocks!

I'll just stand away from the pipes in the future!

I'll tell ya the gory story now.

I was just lining up for a shot of the crowd, and I hear ssssssssBOOM!

I'm thrown back against the bench in the booth, landing near Lainie (aurelia), David Orth, and Jason G...after the fog clears, some of them saw me sprawled out on the ground...within seconds, Lainie's helping me onto the couch, and David and Jason are as well. LP's sorting out the mess in the booth, as it froze a turntable and nearly took out a light...in mid-fix he realizes he's got a photographer down, and he's offering any asstance I need. At that point I was very cold and dazed, but I realized my 10D took some damage...the hot shoe which holds the flash was out of alignment, but it looked real bad, and I sorta panicked.

Again, Lainie to the rescue, she tells me, oh, the screws came out, just ask LP for a little screwdriver. Someone did, since a few minutes later, Robert the bar manager shows up, and Lainie and I manage to coax the connector back into the body...the flash was maybe one degree off vertical, but it worked! Canon engineering :).

After spending an hour warming up, I accepted a steady stream of visitors and well-wishers...

Though it wasn't Space's fault, I give a lot of credit to LP and his staff for making sure I was alright...Louis was even ready to call doctors and such...

After that, I managed to get back into my groove and enjoy a killer DH terrace set.

Guest saintjohn

glad the camera's okay.

seriously, that could've been really nasty. it's good to know that the space management was responsive. there are some clubs that would've "lost" your gear, dumped your frozen body out the back door, and sued you for damages if you ever mentioned it.

now, aren't you glad you have the magnesium-frame canon 10d instead of the plastic-bodied rebel?

Guest pod

Totally. I'm being paranoid and checking all my images for focus. It seems to be in spec :)

A DRebel woulda been toast probably.

But yeah, Space managment was very helpful about everything. 8)

Shout outs to LP, David Orth, Lord, David S., Oscar, Lainie, Jason, Alejandro, Ozzie, Angelo, and Robert 8)

Guest AlanS

Ouch...I had no idea...that explains why I saw LP in the booths the remainder of the night setting off the kryo with great care himself. Glad everyone is okay :)

Another great review, excellent recap of the night :)

Guest LeVeL

Pain is temporary, chicks dig scars, and nitrogen fog rocks!

I'll just stand away from the pipes in the future!

I'll tell ya the gory story now.

I was just lining up for a shot of the crowd, and I hear ssssssssBOOM!

I'm thrown back against the bench in the booth, landing near Lainie (aurelia), David Orth, and Jason G...after the fog clears, some of them saw me sprawled out on the ground...within seconds, Lainie's helping me onto the couch, and David and Jason are as well. LP's sorting out the mess in the booth, as it froze a turntable and nearly took out a light...in mid-fix he realizes he's got a photographer down, and he's offering any asstance I need. At that point I was very cold and dazed, but I realized my 10D took some damage...the hot shoe which holds the flash was out of alignment, but it looked real bad, and I sorta panicked.

Again, Lainie to the rescue, she tells me, oh, the screws came out, just ask LP for a little screwdriver. Someone did, since a few minutes later, Robert the bar manager shows up, and Lainie and I manage to coax the connector back into the body...the flash was maybe one degree off vertical, but it worked! Canon engineering :).

After spending an hour warming up, I accepted a steady stream of visitors and well-wishers...

Though it wasn't Space's fault, I give a lot of credit to LP and his staff for making sure I was alright...Louis was even ready to call doctors and such...

After that, I managed to get back into my groove and enjoy a killer DH terrace set.

Pod, I am glad your doing better buddy, next time I see you I am buying you a drink. Talk about a survivor and the best part about it was that the camera was not busted, that would of been devastating. Hope your recovering nicely and you'll be back to your old grouchy days ;D

glad to hear ur ok. cant believe it when u told me about it at the bash in the grove.

glad ur fine.

found it funny though how pod was still worried more about about his camera and the damage it got LOL

i wont stand next to that smoke machine anytime soon :(