Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHAT DJ's DO YOU WANNA SEE BACK IN SoFla?

Guest DJTeKWReK

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

Dumonde one day will come......I been wanting them to come to Miami since 1999. And I am still counting, I dont think there is as act that can match their energy especially in a set.

Guest pod

"Build it and they will come" is the primary downfall of most nightlife marketing schemes. Just booking a DJ doesn't guarantee a crowd. It can be anyone from someone like Bill Patrick (a good DJ with a small following), to someone like Oakenfold. Envy opened with Oakenfold, and like 500 people showed up. Space books Oakie a year later and they have to hold the line since the club is at capacity.

It is all about the marketing in the end. Just wanting a DJ to come isn't gonna do it. The club has to be convinced they will get a return on him or her. They're not gonna book someone just because there's people on this board that want it.

Guest eKiTeL

BAD BOY BILL

FRANKIE BONES

CARL COX

RICHARD HUMPTY VISSION

MARK FARINA

JOEY BELTRAM

Like Lyrik said, DJ's you don't regularly see here.

you should add BRYAN COX to that list!

FRANCOIS KEVORKIAN THE BEST REMIXER EVER AHEAD OF HIS TIME ALL THE TIME :o,,,,,,,WORTH EVERY PENNY IN YOUR BUDGET.... MARK FARINA AND DUBTRIBE WOULDN'T HURT THE BILL.

Guest durrtylexx

[move]#1 SATOSHI TOMIIE[/move]

2.James Holden

3.Dave Seaman

4.Masters At Work

5.Felix Da Housecat

6.James Zabiela

7.Roger Sanchez

8.Peter Rauhofer

9.Harry "Choo Choo" Romero

10.FILTERHEADZ

11.John Creamer and Stephane K

12.G-Pal

13.Danny Tenaglia

14.!!!Aphex Twin!!!!

15.David Morales

16.Tosca

17.kruder & dorfmeister

18.Darren Emerson

19.hybrid

20.who da funk

Guest coach

It is all about the marketing in the end. Just wanting a DJ to come isn't gonna do it.

LISTEN.

TO.

POD.

Book who you want. Spend an @$$load on advertising, and you will possibly do fine.

Guest pod

Heheh :)

There's a reason why Space and crobar are successful. They know how to market effectively, and are willing to spend money to do so.

I've seen several good-intentioned parties fall apart due to excessive cost-cutting...everything from not flyering, to renting a horrid sound system in order to save a buck. Believe me, you spend $500 and market effectively, chances are that you'll at least break even.

Guest DJTeKWReK

Hey guys, good news will be posted on the thread "Aug 1. Return of the FullMoon Party." In response to the not choosing a DJ from what people are posting up, you're honestly wrong. I will add that CoolJunkie.Com is not the only board where I have been pulling in suggestions. You see, I'm taking care of two rooms in this club... One, Breaks/DnB/Electro and the other, House(mulitple genres)/Trance. We chose the breaks and DnB line-up very easily because it has good Headliners, and we decided to use the best of our local scene. The house has basically been decided, but look in the other thread for more info. My intention (because this is a generally "house: flavored board) was to see what names kept popping up right now in the scene. Marketing research 101: ALWAYS FEEL OUT WHAT YOUR TARGET MARKET FAVORS. You know this, thats why CoolJunkie is successful (not to mention many other factors that CoolJunkie almost a lifestyle! ;) ) . So, as I finish collecting Demos of the locals, I will be stringing together an awesome set for ALL to enjoy. PARTY SAFE!

Guest somefiercehouse

Satoshi Tomie with a side of Danny Tenaglia with a a heavy Steve Lawler sauce and some Sander K, just to be polite ;D

Guest ramon

Cosmic Twins - Derrick May and Francois K :)

Laurent Garnier

Jeff Mills

Technasia

Mathew Jonson

Joris Voorn

Guest shannon_coolj.

Hawtin, Zabiela, 112 Crew, Tyrant, Jeff Mills, Magda, Habersham

thank you, renzo! my sentiments exactly....