Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Danny Tenaglia@ Envy

Bling

I had one of the best times ive ever clubbing . Not only was the music absoloutely fantastic, the vibe was there, the drinks were strong and the CP/CJ women lookin oh so sexy........

I arrived at envy around 1045 and they didnt open till 12 .But the door staff was extremely friendly to me. Thanks again for the First rate treatment to everyone at the envy door

First off, let me mention the new sound system. It def was way better then what was in there previously but the bass was too high at times and like space if ur not wearing ear plugs it will hurt ur ears if ur there as long as i was..

The club was set up completely different they had new lights and they took out the couch in the dj booth and the tables and chairs by the bar to make more room for the massive crowd. The club was decorated futuristic like with hanging planets overhead and the walls were setup to look like a spaceship of some kind.

The opening set b Bruno was sick and he was kickin ass and takin names as always. Bump into Ardis who is lookin beautiful as always. Bruno's set was deep house tonite as opposed to his normal tribal house. By the middle of his set especially he was droppin some killer vocal deep house tracks. that had myself macboy, and carisa dancing our asses off

It was great to see such a huge CJ representation especially. Always wonderful to see the beautiful Lilly who met myself and renzo at the door along with the ever sexy Sasha (IMalwaysdancing)

Want to thank Macboy (dan) for the very strong long island iced tea. that drink got me wasted beyond belief. thanks so much i needed that i was trashed . u all saw me trashed for the first time . LOL, thanks dan. ITS A CELEBRATION BEOYCHS!!!!!

Great to see Blendprod without his sling. sorry for hitting ur arm I forgot LOL, and mrsblendprod as well. Also good seeing Trancelator, Levelistic. Turbo, Bruno and Ardis, Juan Mejia, Andrew Chibale.. (meeting Andrew Thomas), as well as Cosmiginon. Great to meet a few new faces thanks to Carisa including the cousin of Luis Puig (very cool guy. sorry i forgot ur name). And also to that guy that i promised to mention in my review. ugh i forgot ur name right now but please respond to this thread so i can edit later... As well as the cute brunette who remembered me from the Delano party for Miguel Migs.

So Danny Tenaglia took the decks at 3 am . And man did he bring it big time..... The set had so much energy... it was incredible. I loved how Danny had the flashlight and was waving it around into the crowd. I remember he did the same thing at space. Phillipio u would have loved the set. I loved it. And from what I was hearing, Danny was gonna go tilll 4 pm tonite with his marathon set.

Special thanks goes to Carisa for hanging with me all nite. You looked so elegeant in that dress with those long earrings very sexy... I had such a blast with you tonite. Ur a doll. Cant wait till ur birthday bash in two weeks at crobar. Great seeing Lilly as well..though we didnt hang out as much as i had liked i still enjoyed hanging with you, and I cant wait till we get that picture off of Bruno's camera as well as the pic we got from the guy from clubhoppers.net.

So I finally walked out at 730 am. Yep. and i would do it all over again for Danny Tenaglia.....

Yeah this review is subpar IMHO but that drink and the being up 27 hrs straight does that to a person

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DT is always an awsome time !! im pissed i didnt go .. but ive had awsome nights partying when dt is da house !! imo hes one of the best !!

Guest macboy

Way too loud for me. Otherwise, I enjoyed Bruno's set very much. I was prepared for a tribal set but he was throwing down the deep house which always makes me happy, so it was a great time. Sorry I didn't stay late. Only caught an hour of DT's set. Damn, I'm getting too old. Anyway, good seeing all of you (old faces and new) and thanks to my new partner in crime, CrzyC. Sweetie, anytime you're in SoBe, you can give me a call. :-*

Guest trancelator

bling instead of pandering to these pigeons, why don't you post if the club was packed? the vibe? did dt talk? crowd?

review sucks. it's like who you saw, not what you saw.

Club was not too packed. I was disturbed to see that the parking lot in front of the old Space was mainly empty when I got there around 4 am. After all, DT has been rated #1 dj in the past. Despite that, I thought the vibe was good. It was everything I expected from DT....drums, drums and more drums. DT got animatedquite a bit. He shined a flash light on himself and the crowd several times and had his head bouncing like a bobblehead. Crowd was getting thin when I left around 9 am but DT was still going strong. BTW, cover at that hour was $25 for those who were worried it was going to get to $50 and beyond. I was told he might be there until 4 pm but I can't see him being there past noon with that thinning crowd.

Guest web_norah

vibe is always good for DT.......and i am sure he's still going strong! btw the whole cover charge increase, it is not a DT thing, that was Space back then...so no comment :-X

Guest aquabooty1078

vibe is always good for DT.......and i am sure he's still going strong! btw the whole cover charge increase, it is not a DT thing, that was Space back then...so no comment :-X

Just got off the phone with my boyfriend who is still there.. and Danny is STILL goiing off!! I had an amamzing night last night.. THANKS DT!!!!!

bling instead of pandering to these pigeons, why don't you post if the club was packed? the vibe? did dt talk? crowd?

like i said in my review...... it sucked im rewritiing it for ringmasterproductions.com and make a good one.

Guest web_norah

Bling, i liked your review. and i am glad you discovered the magic of DT's sets........i wish i could have gone to visit Miami just to see him play..............

Bling, i liked your review. and i am glad you discovered the magic of DT's sets........i wish i could have gone to visit Miami just to see him play..............

thanks norah... ;) i got a bit too drunk to really pay attention to dt in legnth though. wish u were here tambien

dt did not talk saleen but he was very animated in the booth he was having a great time and everyone was feeding off of it.

gotta say, this is very true. looking forward to a review with less shout outs and more description.

Guest web_norah

Read the second sentence on Blings review....thats where he mentions vibe and music...with DT you have to be a hardcore fan to ID his sets (normally i can ID three/ four tunes) ...if you want a detailed review... i suggest reading that on Danny's message board

i only recognized a very few tracks either he completely remixed a lot of tracks or it was all new stuff but it was awesome and had great energy ..... unlike lawler and hernan and sasha this guy rocked it proper

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

i only recognized a very few tracks either he completely remixed a lot of tracks or it was all new stuff but it was awesome and had great energy ..... unlike lawler and hernan and sasha this guy rocked it proper

Whoah..only a couple of his tracks??? Danny played MANY MANY MANY of his classics. It was awesome how Bruno had one of his songs (forgot the name but a true DT anthem) creeping in with his set for the last 15 minutes or so...very cool. Even though i felt the night itself was just ok as far as the vibe and crowd...the music was definitely top notch from 1-7!

My official review

Danny Tenaglia known throughout the Dj community as the DJ's DJ made a statement last nite at Club envy in Downtown Miami. He orchestrated an incredible set last nite for all of those in attendance.

The club was completely revamped for his arrival. The walls were done up to portray a spaceship of some kind, and there were planets hanging on the ceilings, Furthermore, a new lighting system was installed and the Dynacord system(I believe thats the one) was installed to add that extra oomph that a set of DT's magnitude deserves. The system still needed a bit of fine tuning though as there were a few technical difficulties def something that wont happen again I am sure.

To Id a Danny Tenaglia set is very difficult for the 4.5 hrs that i was there for his set I could not ID a one. Then again I have never been a trainspotter for house music. I just let the music take me on a journey.

AT first it was not too crowded but by the time 3 am came on envy was as packed as I have ever seen it. But never did it get too out of hand. IT was def enjoyable. The only place that got a bit too hot was over in the corner by the video wall around 7 am as many of us were sweating it up..

The doors opened at 12 am a bit later then advertised but they had to set up for Danny so i have no qualms. The door staff was more then generous with myself and definitly treated me right. I have nothing but good things about the staff at envy.

DJ Bruno's set was very different but quite refreshing nonetheless. ON his plate, a selection of deep house goodness. Myself, along with fellow Cooljunkies, Macboy (Dan) and CrzyC(carisa) were definitly shaking our "groove thangs" to the vocal soulful house tracks Bruno was feeding us.

The man of the hour finally took the decks from Bruno at around 3 am. The large crowd in attendance cheered at his arrival. Right off the bat his set had energy to it. No long buildups he just dropped it :) Danny was definitly into it. He had this huge flashlight and was waving it into the crowd, he was dancing and he also had this white napkin or something that he held over his head a few times. His set was not so much tribal it was just very high energy house music. It had just the appropriate amount of vocals at just the right moments, always keeping me head bobbing away..

I truly wish i could have paid more attention to the master of house but a Long Island Iced tea had other ideas for me. I do want to thank all of those that made my nite a special one.

AT around 730 am completely exhausted i made my way out of envy. From what I heard DT was going to spin til 4 pm today. The man is truly a machine. A Dj that def showed me what house music is all about. This was my second time seeing the man spin and this set was light years ahead of what he spun at the closing party at space. Anytime DT is back in town I am there.

Guest mursa

Even though Blings reviews are enjoyable to read (one of the few texts he write that i read anymore) they don't really describe the Experience in general-objectively , mostly his perspective and "shout outs" to people he knows .

Gotta take it with a grain of salt , and smirk as you read . :D

Even though Blings reviews are enjoyable to read (one of the few texts he write that i read anymore) they don't really describe the Experience in general-objectively , mostly his perspective and "shout outs" to people he knows .

Gotta take it with a grain of salt , and smirk as you read . :D

i dont think i actually start many other threads on boards except my reviews i just add my two cents here and there :) thanks for ur comments. i def try to make the reviews funny to read ......

My first time with DT and I have to say I wasnt that impressed. The music was good but nothing special, place never got to packed. Highlight of the night was Brunos set.... ;D

MANY, MANY, MANY CP/CJ peeps out and it was great hanging with all of you. It made the night worth it. Special thanks to Bling for staying by my side when I needed it last...you werent the only one that was trashed.

See ya next time!

BTW, Bling Luis' cousin is Izzy. Stand out guy!!!!

Guest r3nz0

I finally had a cordotito (or however you spell it) and it truly is LIQUID COCAINE!!!! :o I am now addicted. ;D

happy07.gif

I think you mean cortadito. ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

All I can say is Wow :o!!! Got there around 2:30 and I was surprised to see the oarking lot pretty empty, but it was deceiving for it was pretty packed inside NV. Paid 30 to get in and almost immediately DT took over the decks. FINALLY got to meet most of the CJ Crew. First one I saw was the uber famous Bling (You forgot to mention me in your review >:( ;D), who in turn introduced me to Levelistic, Andrew (who doesn't look lime his avatar), the incredibly funny Renzo(the smiley guy ;D) McBoy, the incredibly beautiful FairyDust and ImAlwaysDancing, with whom I had a lot of fun hangin out with ;). Also ran into the usual suspects, CrazyC, Phunky, Trancelator, and the REAL PARTY TROOPER, TURBO!!! 8)

The music was good, but nothing out of the ordinary, at least I wasn't blown away by it or anything. The bad thing was that by 10 30, I felt really bad and started throwing up a lot in the bathroom, but who knos what the bouncers thought, cause they kicked me out of the clube just for being sick, WTF!!! I have to really thank Rick for geting a hold of my friend, otherwise I would still be in the parking lot waiting for her.

In the end it was really good to meet some other CJheads, and I will see you tomorrow in the patio for Ivano 8)...

Guest r3nz0

LOL1 Yes, thats it. Hey, you know Im a white girl. :P

I was always under the impression you were African. :P