Clubplanet Nightlife Community

There is a serious problem and the mods have ignored it.

V. Barbarino

The mods since the inception of this board have been doing a wonderful job (excluding tech junkie), but now I just can't sit back and keep my mouth shut. Slowly but surely their are infiltrating the board and preaching their message. This needs to stop asap! We were deep house post free for the longest time, now I see post after post about this disease that has ruined the miami scene. THE MODS MUST STEP IN AND ASSURE THE JUNKIES THAT DEEP HOUSE MUISC WILL NEVER RUIN THIS BOARD.

Please oh please delete all and any deep house posts. .

thanks

concerned junkie

aka mr saleen351

Guest lyrik

The mods since the inception of this board have been doing a wonderful job (excluding tech junkie), but now I just can't sit back and keep my mouth shut. Slowly but surely their are infiltrating the board and preaching their message. This needs to stop asap! We were deep house post free for the longest time, now I see post after post about this disease that has ruined the miami scene. THE MODS MUST STEP IN AND ASSURE THE JUNKIES THAT DEEP HOUSE MUISC WILL NEVER RUIN THIS BOARD.

thanks

concerned junkie

aka mr saleen351

Ah didn't I see you at Frankie Knuckles ???

Undercover Deep House Lover. 8)

thanks

concerned junkie

aka mr saleen351

far from deep house... he had funk and some nyc vocal flare to his set.

it was smooth, it was nice, it was sweet, it was great, but IT WASN'T DEEP HOUSE!

Guest lyrik

i thought so, i was about to unload a piece of my mind on this sunny Thur afternoon, ahem ahem.... :o

The problem is that a great majority in Miami thinks deep house is any house other than what is played in Space. Just because its not big room tribal and/or regressive [oops] sorry progressive...doesn't mean its deep house. I still think its funny when people say that I spin deep house...but hey if they like it and come out they can call it what they want.

Guest lyrik

thanks

concerned junkie

aka mr saleen351

far from deep house... he had funk and some nyc vocal flare to his set.

it was smooth, it was nice, it was sweet, it was great, but IT WASN'T DEEP HOUSE!

Oh I do believe he layed a few deep and soulful classics in there that night....true he did bang it out and was smooth but he definitely went all across the board even hitting pure disco by the end of the night/early morning. Its okay I am not a big [true] deep house fan myself - I just know that people down here use the term deep house very loosely in describing house other than progressive, tribal and/or hard house.

Guest lyrik

deep house = those DHM which ruined one whole night at the old spaces patio...

WE MUST PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING ELSE WHERE AND ON THIS BOARD!!!!!!!!!!

No offense to them or anyone that likes them....but I have never been a fan. Too loungey for me...not enough groovey or funky in there. I agree I would definitely say that is deep house....where as some people would say the Lust boys spin deep and honestly I have never heard one deep house set out of Shel or V in the whole time I have been going to their events. Shel hits very upbeat soulful and latin tracks while V is just straight up house IMO. But everyone's a critic.

Guest lyrik

DISAGREE....

I like Deep House ;D

True deep house is very situational for me. I can't go out on Friday and Sat. night for an evening of deep house...just doesn't move me enough....however sitting at a nice cafe/lounge or early day pool party or beach party it goes off quite nice....but I still couldn't do more than a couple hours of it at a time...still need that BANG BANG BANG!

True deep house is very situational for me. I can't go out on Friday and Sat. night for an evening of deep house...just doesn't move me enough....however sitting at a nice cafe/lounge or early day pool party or beach party it goes off quite nice....but I still couldn't do more than a couple hours of it at a time...still need that BANG BANG BANG!

Yes I prefer it in a loungey type atmosphere ;)

Guest AlanS

Deep does not mean boring. To me, deep house is soulful, percussive and upbeat, with elements of real bass, guitars, horns, etc.

You can sample my definition of deep house @ lust4house.com

Call it what you will, I just call it GOOD MUSIC ;D

When I used to date this guy from "another" board he would always talk about V&S with such reverence and all I could think was that the title "deep house" sounded so boring that the music had to be the same. Well, I recently found out that I was VERY wrong and that most local DJs that are classified as DHM I would rather classify as SHAKE YO ASS HOUSE! ;D

Rob is right . Deep house is definitely more laid back and soulful, better suited to a loungey atmosphere or at the beginning of a party. But as you blood starts pumping you need to hear some more uptempo, funky basslines. Shit like Lyrik and Seth Shore play. You guys missed it when Lyrik(Rob) was playing that chicago shit at Lush in broward. And just because it's upbeat doesn't mean it's progressive or tribal. Get it right people. People in miami are confused about house. Heck, even dj's are confused, so what do you expect.

Guest miniberries

Deep does not mean boring. To me, deep house is soulful, percussive and upbeat, with elements of real bass, guitars, horns, etc.

You can sample my definition of deep house @ lust4house.com

Call it what you will, I just call it GOOD MUSIC ;D

I would have to agree with you.. ;)

Guest FRESHMAN00000

To me Deep House is cool to start off the night but like Lyrik, BANG BANG BANG is what gets my ass shakin...

AGREED!!!!!! 100%

HOWEVER....

shitthread.jpg

Rob is right . Deep house is definitely more laid back and soulful, better suited to a loungey atmosphere or at the beginning of a party. But as you blood starts pumping you need to hear some more uptempo, funky basslines. Shit like Lyrik and Seth Shore play. You guys missed it when Lyrik(Rob) was playing that chicago shit at Lush in broward. And just because it's upbeat doesn't mean it's progressive or tribal. Get it right people. People in miami are confused about house. Heck, even dj's are confused, so what do you expect.

i was just waiting for you to get in here ;)

Guest web_norah

yet another bla bla bla bla thread....deep house is great, and whoever said DHM exemplifies what deep house is about or sounds like.... ::)