Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IT'S TRUE, BACK TO ENVY SEPTEMBER 17TH...

Guest djbruno

Guest lyrik

saleen does it again...

I think CJ needs to give you your own weekly gossip and rumor mill column...for real...enough with the proper pc stuff around here - its getting too boring - hidy-tidy peace, love hippie crap. I need some controversy. If respected newspapers can do it - why not CJ? :)

Guest lyrik

everyone here is some sort of fashion police, insider, spy, lurker, clubbing legend, DJ stalker, etc ... ::)

Yeah but at least if you are gonna be an ass - do it right!

Guest web_norah

everyone here is some sort of fashion police, insider, spy, lurker, clubbing legend, DJ stalker, etc ... ::)

??? ??? not sure how i can interpret this but ....i quite enjoy the GAT column and the Cubby ones, i think if you feel someone deserves a column then that person should be visible and somewhat well known.

***there is only so many Michael Musto types this world can take ;D

Guest lyrik

??? ??? not sure how i can interpret this but ....i quite enjoy the GAT column and the Cubby ones, i think if you feel someone deserves a column then that person should be visible and somewhat well known.

I like the columns too (sometimes - if I am being honest) - just there are times I need a good piece of cynicism (more often than not) - just my nature I guess. Saleen is a little bit more well known compared to the people that write the columns you mentioned above IMO - you may not like that - but its the truth when we are talking about "internet message board personalities". Everyone and their mom knows who Saleen is on multiple boards. I mean I haven't met these other columnists - don't know who they are or anything about them and that never stopped me from reading before. It would be one thing if he was talkin out his ass all the time and nothing ever came of his posts - but its not that way - he does have his shit straight and though I may disagree with half the things he posts and half of his choices in music - I have to give credit where credit is due.

Jesus - I feel like I am campaigning for him here :-X

Honestly what is worse for me is to see all the pretentious pseudo-intellectuals on the boards patting each other on the back all the time - there are only so many superficial people I can handle. I don't know maybe its just an off day for me ???

Guest web_norah

I like the columns too (sometimes - if I am being honest) - just there are times I need a good piece of cynicism (more often than not) - just my nature I guess. Saleen is a little bit more well known compared to the people that write the columns you mentioned above IMO - you may not like that - but its the truth when we are talking about "internet message board personalities". Everyone and their mom knows who Saleen is on multiple boards. I mean I haven't met these other columnists - don't know who they are or anything about them and that never stopped me from reading before. It would be one thing if he was talkin out his ass all the time and nothing ever came of his posts - but its not that way - he does have his shit straight and though I may disagree with half the things he posts and half of his choices in music - I have to give credit where credit is due.

Jesus - I feel like I am campaigning for him here :-X

Honestly what is worse for me is to see all the pretentious pseudo-intellectuals on the boards patting each other on the back all the time - there are only so many superficial people I can handle. I don't know maybe its just an off day for me ???

dear Lyrik

Saleen is better known than Sarah and ........

Cubby and Michael Musto (NY columnist, who appears on the Village Voice, Ocean Drive, VH1, E! and NY Post).

;D LOL

i highly disagree with you on this one sorry .....maybe you should do his PR but i recommend not using 'he is better known than Michael Musto'.

Guest lyrik

No - I wasn't speaking of Micheal Musto (honestly I have no clue who he is) I was talking about Saleen compared to the columnists on this site (Sarah and Cubby - which this is not intended to offend nor degrade their work). I would place money on it that if you asked people out in public (and speaking specifically of the people that read and post on the message boards - which I beleive make up the core of people that visit these sites) if they knew who Saleen is - at least 90% would say yes just from his posts on the boards - now if you asked the same question but swapped Saleen out for Sarah or Cubby I think that percentage would decline sharply.

My post wasn't intended to start a pissing match - I know you don't like Saleen - I myself don't know him well and just posted that because I figured why not - nothing better to do at work. I wouldn't want to take on a PR role for him - just stating that with the good you have to have the bad. Why does it always have to be some PC crap all the time? All this ultra-sensitivity is killin me.

Guest web_norah

most people who read newspapers know who M Musto is (and dont take offense by me saying this) ....but then again, "most" people dont read newspapers, magazines, etc. i wont challenge that.

and whether i like or dislike anyone has nothing to do with this gossip writing you talk about. when not being PC becomes personal attacks, insults, racial slurs, and name calling, that's where it ends for me...and if that doesnt offend you, thats fine but that doesnt mean it is "cool" for everyone else.

Guest lyrik

most people who read newspapers know who M Musto is (and dont take offense by me saying this) ....but then again, "most" people dont read newspapers, magazines, etc. i wont challenge that.

and whether i like or dislike anyone has nothing to do with this gossip writing you talk about. when not being PC becomes personal attacks, insults, racial slurs, and name calling, that's where it ends for me...and if that doesnt offend you, thats fine but that doesnt mean it is "cool" for everyone else.

I only read certain parts of the papers (I take no offesne to the comment and openly tell people that I hate reading). The pers. attacks and racial slurs insults - that would be the half of what he posts that I don't usually agree with (along with whitney houston remixs!) I doubt he would do that in any column though - I wasn't focusing on everything he writes. I bet he is just sitting back and laughing at us both anyway - so I am gonna stop and let it be - sorry it was just a hypothetical suggestion.

Guest technowhore

dj bruno at NV, i'm there.......he's gotta wear a hat though. seriously, how long is he going to keep that look up.........no pun intended.

Guest mikepayne

Bruno . . . good move . . .

Where are all the peeps that said eNVy sucked now???

Probably wondering what the hell happened to cause this commotion. It does seem like a one-step-forward, two-steps-back kind of thing.

Guest deesoulrelic

still here

"envy" (not the djs) as a club puts no effort in what they do.

the place is trashy but not a cool trashy really trashy...........WHAT

maybe it will be diffrent now ::)

Guest LdySphynx

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you they will be asking to get comped,lol!!!!

Guest LdySphynx

right here. the place is a dump.

So was Space back in the day, but people loved it anyway!!!!