Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Gabriel and Dresden@Space

Bling

Recently a few board members told me that G&D gave a sub-par performance at Space… so I was a bit worried about their set tonight. It was my first time hearing them and I was floored. THey played great. IT was great meeting you Dave and Josh. You are both very down to earth guys.

First off, I want to send a big thanks to ARturo for the ride to space. It was great to see Trancebrat (amber) and her friend come all the way from Tampa to party with us. Other Ta's include Mister Ben, Beaman(brent) (newly transplanted GA TA to FL) and Ryan.

Also in attendance were some CJers such as Zero and Andrew Chibale. And last but certainly not least the CP representatives Eric and his cousin, Biz and Eddy Guerra and Ardis and Bruno.

As always, Colby had the hookup and Eddy at the door took care of us ... (u da man). We got in and the main room was still not open. At around, 1210 it finally opened up and much to my surprise Gabriel and Dresden were opening.

Gabriel and Dresden set

Fantastic set. I died when the guys recognized Arturo from when he saw them last October

Stand out tracks were many. Arturo will provide a list tomorrow but here are the ones I died too.

1) Southern Sun

2) No one on Earth

3) As the Rush comes

4) Luke Chable's -Ride. (new remix i havent heard)

They started at 1215 or so and around 2 they were finished. We were all extremely shocked and disappointed. They were putting together a great progressive set and it ended so quickly. When these guys were advertised as the main act I def expected more than 2 hrs ....

Place was decently packed. Not wall to wall but a very good crowd. About the same as last week.

AFter their set they came down and talked to us for a bit. took group pics with the TA's and signed autographs. In fact, they wanted to play more they asked Arturo if we knew of any one's home they can spin at . OMG we died!!!! we tried so hard to call as many people with the appropriate setup as we knew but everyone was asleep.. That def would have been the best house party ever ........

Cedric's set.

While we were all waiting around to talk to Josh and Dave, cedric took the decks.

First of all, great to finally meet ya cedric. First track he dropped was "what the fuck" (same track he dropped last week when he started his set....... Kind of ironic cuz i was like WTF? (why the same track as an opener two weeks straight???? ) We did not stick around much after Dave and Josh's set but Cedric was doin a good job.. except he was playing similar stuff he played last week.. Would have liked to have a bit more variety and something different.. but begggers cant be choosers i guess.

Great seeing everyone as always.....

Guest pvdkid

Yea i was really pissed that they only spun for what an hour an 45 mins................they should have spun longer and later in the night...........other that thet the guy after them had the place rockin really nice set........had a great time last night im ready fo T I E S T O T I E S T O.................")

i dont understand if Louis P doesnt really like them (or whatever the reason it is) and if he can do whatever the hell he please with his "baby" .. why bother to book them in the first place ?

i have to say, it did not look good for G&D cause what it seemed was .... they were opening for Cedric as warm up djs

im glad when Cedric got on and i may not be G&D biggest fan but .. as a dj, i know how pissed one can get when u dont feel comfortable at the venue u r playing ..

Recently a few board members told me that G&D gave a sub-par performance at Space… so I was a bit worried about their set tonight. It was my first time hearing them and I was floored. THey played great. IT was great meeting you Dave and Josh. You are both very down to earth guys.

First off, I want to send a big thanks to ARturo for the ride to space. It was great to see Trancebrat (amber) and her friend come all the way from Tampa to party with us. Other Ta's include Mister Ben, Beaman(brent) (newly transplanted GA TA to FL) and Ryan.

Also in attendance were some CJers such as Zero and Andrew Chibale. And last but certainly not least the CP representatives Eric and his cousin, Biz and Eddy Guerra and Ardis and Bruno.

As always, Colby had the hookup and Eddy at the door took care of us ... (u da man). We got in and the main room was still not open. At around, 1210 it finally opened up and much to my surprise Gabriel and Dresden were opening.

Gabriel and Dresden set

Fantastic set. I died when the guys recognized Arturo from when he saw them last October

Stand out tracks were many. Arturo will provide a list tomorrow but here are the ones I died too.

1) Southern Sun

2) No one on Earth

3) As the Rush comes

4) Luke Chable's -Ride. (new remix i havent heard)

They started at 1215 or so and around 2 they were finished. We were all extremely shocked and disappointed. They were putting together a great progressive set and it ended so quickly. When these guys were advertised as the main act I def expected more than 2 hrs ....

Place was decently packed. Not wall to wall but a very good crowd. About the same as last week.

AFter their set they came down and talked to us for a bit. took group pics with the TA's and signed autographs. In fact, they wanted to play more they asked Arturo if we knew of any one's home they can spin at . OMG we died!!!! we tried so hard to call as many people with the appropriate setup as we knew but everyone was asleep.. That def would have been the best house party ever ........

Cedric's set.

While we were all waiting around to talk to Josh and Dave, cedric took the decks.

First of all, great to finally meet ya cedric. First track he dropped was "what the fuck" (same track he dropped last week when he started his set....... Kind of ironic cuz i was like WTF? (why the same track as an opener two weeks straight???? ) We did not stick around much after Dave and Josh's set but Cedric was doin a good job.. except he was playing similar stuff he played last week.. Would have liked to have a bit more variety and something different.. but begggers cant be choosers i guess.

Great seeing everyone as always.....

its my understand that u can only die one time in ur life

i didnt see u there! i got there early like u, but left to go see seb fontaine than went back around 5, i agree w/ andrew...patio was just crazy also

Guest Tru1

Some 411

G+D were probably booked as a combination of a favor to the agent/ quid pro quo for other artists (tiesto) and as an effort to draw in an earlier/ (non regular) crowd. Space is arguably the top club in this hemispere for EDM. Most dj's would do almost anything to play and any agent trying to develop the careers of new signees would want them to play space.

Space also has one of the hardest things to accomplish in this business...A huge LOYAL crowd.

When you have a crowd like this, that is expecting a certain sound/experience you cannot afford to do anything to alienate your core people.

any promoter can put a PVD or tiesto in a heavy metal club or dinner theatre and draw 2-3000 club kids. But to have 2-3000+ party people come week in and week out with mainly resident djs is truly amazing.

Hope this sheds some light on the situation, and G+D are not an opening act.

www.releasenightclub.com

9/25 Edgar V w/ southside (sammy O & Charley)

10/23 Sandra Collins w/ K-Swing

not an opening act ?

thats exactly what they looked to me saturday .. just an ACT !

2 persons using a mac computer with a bunch of tracks already eq'ed .. and sorted for the show ..

what sense of a "main set" could u get from that ?

go next door to "players" and take a look at the dj booth they have there: a mixer and a computer with a bunch of mp3's sorted in some way for the whole night (im sure their dj doesnt get paid as much as G&D for doing the same thing huh?)

G&D may be some of the best producers blah blah blah but as a dj "act" they suck !

and again, why freakin' bother on booking them .. just for a personal favor ?

Cedric should've taken G&D's money for the night for spinning a great 7+ hour set WITH NO COMPUTER and no sorted tracks at all ..

Guest trancelator

and again, why freakin' bother on booking them .. just for a personal favor ?

Cedric should've taken G&D's money for the night for spinning a great 7+ hour set WITH NO COMPUTER and no sorted tracks at all ..

You never know. LP might have lost a bet and for that, he had to book these guys. Some people are great dj's and others are great producers.

And a seven hour Cedric set sounds like a great suggestion. Can't wait 'til that happens. ;D

Guest xbbdc

oh man! g&d so fuckin rocked space it was pathetic they were on for 2 hours only! GFG SPACE. i talked to both josh and dave about it, and they sooooo wanted to play longer, i didnt even know they were looking for a place to spin till i read it here. i had asked dave about the deal that happened before of them coming or not, and he said it was cuz they heard that space got sold and was shutting down, then got called back and was booked as scheduled. i asked em if they would prefer to play at crobar or nocturnal so they said, we'll play wherever they book us.... SOOOOOO NOCTURNAL GET ON THE BALL! and dave was really getting into the set at the end too. josh didnt say anything about it. i also asked dave if he liked house and he said yea but not cedric's style. i told him he would like oscar better and i also asked dave if he liked way out west and if they wanted to work with them and he said yea but theres no time, the person they are trying to work with is slacker. what sucked was i got there around 12:50 thinking they were gonna play from 1-5 like ALL THE OTHER F'IN DJ'S THAT HEADLINE. so i missed almost a whole hour of their set. just wished they played longer i was still happy i got to finally hear them after missing them in wmc and also cuz i got their signatures.

(i got faces throughout but copy/paste aint work for em)

Guest biznation00

oh man! g&d so fuckin rocked space it was pathetic they were on for 2 hours only! GFG SPACE. i talked to both josh and dave about it, and they sooooo wanted to play longer, i didnt even know they were looking for a place to spin till i read it here. i had asked dave about the deal that happened before of them coming or not, and he said it was cuz they heard that space got sold and was shutting down, then got called back and was booked as scheduled. i asked em if they would prefer to play at crobar or nocturnal so they said, we'll play wherever they book us.... SOOOOOO NOCTURNAL GET ON THE BALL! and dave was really getting into the set at the end too. josh didnt say anything about it. i also asked dave if he liked house and he said yea but not cedric's style. i told him he would like oscar better and i also asked dave if he liked way out west and if they wanted to work with them and he said yea but theres no time, the person they are trying to work with is slacker. what sucked was i got there around 12:50 thinking they were gonna play from 1-5 like ALL THE OTHER F'IN DJ'S THAT HEADLINE. so i missed almost a whole hour of their set. just wished they played longer i was still happy i got to finally hear them after missing them in wmc and also cuz i got their signatures.

wow! :o

if this is tru, you said a lot of things you should of kept to yourself instead of puttin' dave & josh out like that...

Go Space Residents! ;)

Guest ramon

wow! :o

if this is tru, you said a lot of things you should of kept to yourself instead of puttin' dave & josh out like that...

Go Space Residents! ;)

still missing the most important resident , but he's off somewhere representing miami to the fullest im sure.

Guest ramon

now that u bring it up ..

oscar off for about a month, space remodeling and the fact that it may be close for 3 weeks (almost 2 months with no OG) .. and nocturnal to open while space is closed ... interesting

there is a disturbance in the force.