Downtown predictions...

Guest nickjunkie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bcnjunkie

It looks like we're going to have 4 or 5 clubs in downtown by this time next year, if everything goes to plan. Though it might be interesting to get your predictions on success here, and see who's right in 12 months...

What do you think will happen with:

Crobar Downtown

eNVy

Metropolis

Nocturnal

Pawn Shop

Space

?

rumor has it that players is expanding...any info on this mr saleen or nick?

dunno about players but Masters is rumored to be converting to club ... and bringing a massive hip hop line up

Guest eKiTeL

sweet set on fri bro

thanks!

as for predictions I think the fact that Nocturnal is trying to bring together so many different crowds under one roof will be the key to it's success, and the success of the dj's who play there, exposing them to crowds who might not normally get the chance to hear them.... plus the fact that so much money is being put into it without expecting to recoup it any time soon, if ever.... no other place will come close to the sonic and visual experience, the Funktion One guy custom designed dj mixers for the place because no mixer on the market could meet his standards, not to mention the alien physics involved ;)

on the other hand Pawn Shop has an interesting concept, with a school bus, airstream trailer, and jet fuselage under the roof to provide different seating areas, plus pinball machines, an old photo booth, etc... maybe too forward thinking for Miami though, people here usually just want new and hi tech stuff, most don't get retro, except the I/O and Soho crowds which probably won't be going there with there all House musical format.... I'd really like to see it work though, so I have my fingers crossed

between these 2 places I actually feel like there's something to look forward to this season for a change!

Guest eKiTeL

I get the overwhelming gut feeling that Pawn Shop is going to be tremendously ghetto. I hope I'm wrong. :-X

the plan is all House all the time, they say no hip-hop ever, so hopefully they can stick to it....

I get the overwhelming gut feeling that Pawn Shop is going to be tremendously ghetto. I hope I'm wrong. :-X

the plan is all House all the time, they say no hip-hop ever, so hopefully they can stick to it....

I hope so to becuase it wont be the first time I heard a venue say that then months later that is what they are playing. I guess you have to pay the bills right?

Guest eKiTeL

I hope so to becuase it wont be the first time I heard a venue say that then months later that is what they are playing. I guess you have to pay the bills right?

yes we all know that story, I would think they could do well to have one nice old school hip hop night, and a 60's mod rock and soul night and stuff like that along with house on other nights, but they say all House every night though with a definite retro bootleg remix vibe with rock and hip-hop elements, which is a great idea IMHO, hopefully people will get it, hopefully they'll get the right dj's who can pull it off ;) you've got the house people, the party people, and design district retro heads, if they can pull them all togehter it will work

It looks like we're going to have 4 or 5 clubs in downtown by this time next year, if everything goes to plan. Though it might be interesting to get your predictions on success here, and see who's right in 12 months...

Crobar Downtown

eNVy

Metropolis

Nocturnal

Pawn Shop

Space

?

;D

Metropolis? Word has it they can't get a permit, not to mention numerous delays.

Nocturnal? On course.

crobar downtown project? The dark horse here...

Space will continue to kick ass.

Glad to see Players open, with real food. The roach coach guy might just have to go elsewhere.

The building on the corner of 11th and Miami Avenue has reportedly been leased out, too.

It is hard to predict what the Pawn Shop Lounge will do. All house all the time is a novel concept, but like someone else said, it has been tried and it didn't work. It might just be the beach though. Downtown might just be the place for a pure house venue.

What I'm also scoping out is the eventual aesthetic upgrades to that area. I'm not looking for the place to look like Mizner Park or Riverwalk, but at least for the sidewalks and road to be fixed, and definitely putting up the planned megasize video display. It needs to be nice enough so you don't throw out the shocks on your car, but dirty enough to scare away all the Midwesterners.

Doesn't even have to be a real foreign language. Just blat out some random incoherencies and that will work too. Or just try to do a foreign accent. I pretended to be a drunk Russian once and the guy left me alone, and even wished me well in my tour of the United States.

Guest LISALOCA

my predictions

1. trance will still suck

2. lp will sell space

3. crobar will close their beach club

4. crobar downtown will not open in jan with or with out the patio...

5. nocturnal should be a thorn in the side of drugtman

6. og will loose his #1 dj spot in miami

7. edgar v will keep the candy ravers happy, but i think nocturnal will struggle with keeping candy ravers and hip hopers and house heads and vip heads happy in the same building.

8. metropolis, tanks

9. NV hangs on, just out of sheer spite.

10. dolphins go 1-15

11. jets take the afc east super bowl!!!

12. there is no peace in the middle east

13. bush wins

14. trance still sucks

15. cj and nick will continue to post stories that I broke for example the space remodeling.

16. flip will continue to celebrate

17. rumors that cracy c is banging djs will continue

#1, 14 and 9 are my favorite....LOL

Crobar Downtown

eNVy

Metropolis

Nocturnal

Pawn Shop

Space

?

Eventually it will, I know the owner and he told me that he bought out the building next door to players. It all depends on demand. They currently have 2 bowling alleys, and if there is need for more; they will expand into the other building which also has a patio looking down on Space. Whether they are going to use it as an alternative to Space and/or Nocturnal's patios is up in the air. I'm not making this up, I had a couple of drinks with him at Players and I heard it straight from the horse's mouth.

Couple of drinks being the key word. When I'm drunk my plans for expansion usually involve siezing the landmass known as North America. I'm not doubting him, but you get what I'm saying.

Guest klit

Crobar Downtown

eNVy

Metropolis

Nocturnal

Pawn Shop

Space

?

I'm guessing space and nocturnal will be very successful and the others tanking except for maybe crobar downtown.

What these guys need to do though is clean up the area and have the cops making sure nothing is happening around the clubs instead of just standing in front of the clubs chilling all night.

Crobar Downtown

eNVy

Metropolis

Nocturnal

Pawn Shop

Space

?

I'm guessing space and nocturnal will be very successful and the others tanking except for maybe crobar downtown.

What these guys need to do though is clean up the area and have the cops making sure nothing is happening around the clubs instead of just standing in front of the clubs chilling all night.

lol...there's a reason y those cops just chill infront of the clubs the whole night