Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my plan to save club and rave culture

Guest HangTheDJ

Guest HangTheDJ

hey people

well, i relocated to central FL a year ago and i was saddened to learn that there are no parties here, because the promoters are too scared to put them on. i have a plan which i think will revive rave and club culture.

i am trying to rally support for a non-profit organization which will host d r u g - f r e e parties. i am not trying to be an anti - d r u g preacher, i am simply trying to stop the need for these harsh laws and penalties that are being created, that are killing the scene nationwide. i have 10 pages as part of a plan written out, which i will gladly show you, and i have bought a domain name. if you are interested in learning more, or possibly helping, please email me at hangxthexdj@gmail.com. or you can simply post a response.

i would be happy to discuss any issues you may have, or anything you would like to do to help. if anyone sees a reason why i shouldn't go through with this, please let me know. :)

my name is erik, by the way.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LdySphynx

Hey just a thought, but doesn't your screename kind of contradict what your purpose for this is???

I mean HangtheDj :-\...maybe you're going for the oxymoron.

Guest LdySphynx

my screenname, and my email address are explained in my plan. and my plan is not to hang dj's.

Lol, ok then we're cool ;D!!!

Guest HangTheDJ

apparently you don't understand. my parties will be drug-free. and we will work with law enforcement to ensure safety.l

Guest Adam Singer

raves are dead

clubs are going fine

i see no problems :)

media isnt in the clubs faces, there aren't (as many) irresponsibile club owners/event promoters...

face it, the world and things aren't like they once were...you are wide eyed and thats good, but take a realistic approach on life/your actions...just some words of advice...

also face facts...a dj who does not produce is *NOT* a musician...im sorry, you can argue this point to death...but a dj who simply plays records is not a musician...

a turntablist (which most dj's are not) you could make a bit more of a case for...

Guest pod

First mistake was moving to Central Florida.

Second is thinking you can work with Sherrif Roscoe and Enos up there.

But like Hydra said, the action nowadays is in club events.

Guest HangTheDJ

i moved to orlando to go to school. and yes, rave culture is dead, and my plan is to revive it. my view is national, not just florida. and i never claimed a dj is a musician. although creating a new sound from two completely different sources does take talent. turntablists are musicians, though.

Guest HangTheDJ

yes ultra is a rave. miami isn't on my list of places to save. my goal is to find places where there is a demand for parties, but they don't happen, or they happen with a lot of fear. naturally someone won't care ALL that much if their scene is booming.

Guest Adam Singer

you will not revive rave culture

it ran its course

it might peak its head up once in a while in mainstreamed form like ultra...

but aside from a few ultra underground events that you would have to be friends of the people putting it on to know about...rave culture is dead and it was special because it happened at a time when it wasnt in the faces of everyone...

its dead, face it, we all had fun and experienced lots of crazy moments and times but its time to grow up now (even if just a little bit) :)

Guest pod

You're lucky to get people around here to leave the county, much less go halfway up the state.

Frankly, nobody in Miami gives two shits about Orlando, for the obvious reasons.

I applaud your efforts, obviously, but Orlando has been dead and buried for a long time now. I know you are going to school up there and all, but you really should consider turning your energies towards a scene that is thriving and growing.

Guest Adam Singer

You're lucky to get people around here to leave the county, much less go halfway up the state.

Frankly, nobody in Miami gives two shits about Orlando, for the obvious reasons.

I applaud your efforts, obviously, but Orlando has been dead and buried for a long time now. I know you are going to school up there and all, but you really should consider turning your energies towards a scene that is thriving and growing.

yup...check out Icon and the House of Blues in orlando that both have lots of sick club events...also check a website called www.enation.org and you'll see guys like Joe C and Nat are throwing quality nights of house music at chill little vibey lounges/clubs...Support that shit, that is the right track!

Guest HangTheDJ

ok i guess i'll make myself a little clearer. forget the words "club" and "rave." insert "electronic music culture." some cities have a booming one, some don't. some have a demand, but still no electronic scene. and giuliani went after the club scene in new york, so there are places where club culture is under attack. yes, it did start with a rave in new orleans being busted. that's why this nation-wide crackdown on electronic music culture started.

Guest HangTheDJ

anti-rave laws are still being passed, and clubs are affected. and i'm not trying to find people who don't give a shit. i'm looking ALL over the place.

Guest Adam Singer

did i tell anyone here about my plan to turn sand into gold?

i support you.

thank you...when i achieve this i will share the gold with you!!! ;D