Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my plan to save club and rave culture

Guest HangTheDJ

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HangTheDJ

yes cutie, i agree, especially since my goal is to cooperate with law enforcement.

yea...u and me both...

well, just mail me if u are interested

Guest HangTheDJ

Better have some cans of Skoal on hand to keep the good ol' boys in the Sherrif's office happy.

i think if i create an environment where their kids will be "safer," then i think they will be happy. wouldn't u agree?

Guest pod

Not one bit. Law enforcement in this country has their own motivations to do what they do, which usually doesn't agree with what the population wants.

Then again, I'm an extremist.

Guest HangTheDJ

i have considered that. my organization will be NON-PROFIT. the profits will go to ANTI-DRUG organizations, and other charitable causes. from a "moral high horse" standpoint, i don't think busting such a party which we have worked hard to make drug-free will make much sense.

Guest pod

I've seen bad things happen. A "drug-free" event will get busted up for some spurious charge more often than not in some communities.

Guest HangTheDJ

which is why i'm contacting the aclu, the electronic music defense and education fund, and various local and national journalists as well. and i would make it clear to the police departments if they did not cooperate that they would have to answer to all of these organizations. and i would get a team of lawyers together to make sure that there is no ridiculous charge. this is all in my plan. if i have enough space, i will post it in here.

Guest nadia

and just HOW exactly do you plan on making a party 100% drug free?

cause the truth is..even if you did this with a group of jr. high students.. it's impossible.

your idea isn't unique, and you won't be the last person to think this will 'save' the scene...

oh, but why don't you go check out

http://forums.utrave.org/

you might find some people who are receptive!

*chuckle*

Guest HangTheDJ

cause the truth is..even if you did this with a group of jr. high students.. it's impossible.

you're idea isn't unique, and you won't be the last person to think this will 'save' the scene...

it will be based on trust. i will be willing to become a martyr to this cause. my goal isn't to round up random people. it is to round up people who believe in the cliche "it's all about the music, not the drugs." i will create an environment where should anyone choose to do or bring drugs, they will be a nervous wreck, and i will ask everyone attending to be on the lookout. my cause is not anti-drug, but i am doing my best to try to put on events that are drug-free, and people can know that they will come and the party will not get busted, and parents can know that their kids are attending, and not feel that they are in danger. there will be a lot of propaganda involved.

Guest nadia

you're idea isn't unique, and you won't be the last person to think this will 'save' the scene...

it will be based on trust. i will be willing to become a martyr to this cause. my goal isn't to round up random people. it is to round up people who believe in the cliche "it's all about the music, not the drugs." i will create an environment where should anyone choose to do or bring drugs, they will be a nervous wreck, and i will ask everyone attending to be on the lookout. my cause is not anti-drug, but i am doing my best to try to put on events that are drug-free, and people can know that they will come and the party will not get busted, and parents can know that their kids are attending, and not feel that they are in danger. there will be a lot of propaganda involved.

ahh.. the sweet ideas of young ones who know no better ..

so.. you won't allow any smokers then either, huh?

Guest HangTheDJ

well, being in here has proved productive. i'm not just trying to get people involved, i'm also trying to learn who gives a shit, and where i can find people who give a shit. so thank you nadia, you have helped me out.

Guest nadia

well, being in here has proved productive. i'm not just trying to get people involved, i'm also trying to learn who gives a shit, and where i can find people who give a shit. so thank you nadia, you have helped me out.

Glad to have been of service! Just keeping the perspective real .. btw, how old are you, and how long have you been partying?

my opinions aren't based from being a club kid..but after nearly 8 years in the rave 'scene' .. you know what is possible, and you know what isn't.

So, if you catch the kiddies young, you might be able to pull it off. .. tho i don't think parents of 4th graders will enjoy their kids going to evil raves....

on a side note, if you would like to read a very interesting article on the rave scene.. look this one up "Regulating the Rave Scene: Exploring the Policy Alternatives of Government" the author is Troy D. Glover..

Guest HangTheDJ

it's not ME who is against drugs, it's LAW ENFORCEMENT, CONCERNED PARENTS, and the DEA. i would be throwing parties, and hope they would become really badass. if they became successful, then the exchange would be..come to the parties, just stay sober for that particular night. i wouldn't be the red-eye police, and i don't think that cops would really give a shit anyway about smokers. the point would be to make sure that nobody would overdose or die. this has happened at parties, and i think it's a little hard to od on bong hits.

Guest HangTheDJ

i admit to being an idealist, but i'm not a child who knows absolutely nothing. i'm 24, i'm working on my second college degree, and i went to parties consistently from '98 to 2000. i have been going to clubs since then.

Glad to have been of service! Just keeping the perspective real .. btw, how old are you, and how long have you been partying?

my opinions aren't based from being a club kid..but after nearly 8 years in the rave 'scene' .. you know what is possible, and you know what isn't.

So, if you catch the kiddies young, you might be able to pull it off. .. tho i don't think parents of 4th graders will enjoy their kids going to evil raves....

on a side note, if you would like to read a very interesting article on the rave scene.. look this one up "Regulating the Rave Scene: Exploring the Policy Alternatives of Government" the author is Troy D. Glover..

Guest slamminshaun

Unless your parties involve hip-hop, don't think young kids in the United States will go. (I assume we're talking about young kids here....17 and under). As long as Carson Daly brainwashes them with Nelly and P.Diddy, electronic music will never reach them.

Guest HangTheDJ

Unless your parties involve hip-hop, don't think young kids in the United States will go. (I assume we're talking about young kids here....17 and under). As long as Carson Daly brainwashes them with Nelly and P.Diddy, electronic music will never reach them.

what kind of parties have you been to that don't involve hip-hop? when i went to them at state palace theater in new orleans, they brought 2-live crew, grandmaster flash, the jungle brothers, rob base & e-z rock, they even brought electro acts like afrika bambaataa, and egyptian lover

Guest nadia

it's not ME who is against drugs, it's LAW ENFORCEMENT, CONCERNED PARENTS, and the DEA. i would be throwing parties, and hope they would become really badass. if they became successful, then the exchange would be..come to the parties, just stay sober for that particular night. i wouldn't be the red-eye police, and i don't think that cops would really give a shit anyway about smokers. the point would be to make sure that nobody would overdose or die. this has happened at parties, and i think it's a little hard to od on bong hits.

i wasn't talking about weed.. i was talking about cigarettes. ;)

'cause well, tobacco is a drug after all ..

regardless of what you think there are parts of the country that have an awesome scene, but it's an underground one, and it's a small one.. and it's got the dirty warehouse feel of the late mid to late 90's as it should be.. its possible to pull off a party w/o involving law enforcement, you just have to be slick about it .. but it is possible..

another reason why i don't think there is much of a scene here..is well, there doesn't seem to be much of a demand for parties.. why should there be? you get fab dj's at clubs that don't close until 9am..IF that .. so really, you would be attracting a young crowd, and that's dangerous in and of itself.

OD's and other problems such as that at parties are easily taken care of with good security, harm reduction programs (dancesafe tables) and emt's on site.. this all can be done w/ active people, people who know what and where to look for shit, and really just being aware.. it's irresponsible to believe that no drugs will NEVER come into a party .. 'cause people hide them in places that we can't pat down ... or they take them before..

so what are you gonna do to someone who does come in high? tell them to drive home? they can't stay because they're fucked up? really..your idea is novel, i can feel the plur ..but it's impossible.. there are better ways to go about it.

Guest HangTheDJ

in my plan, i have addressed every issue that you are mentioning. would you like to read it?

about people showing up fucked up, i would have to do things like have them sign waivers when buying tickets, and having them sign them at the door. that's why i plan to get lawyers to see what i could possibly do that would be as harsh as possible. and i would make it clear that i DO NOT want to bust anybody, but THESE PARTIES are drug-free, and anyone who violates them would have to pay severely. anyone who would want to do drugs could go elsewhere.

Guest nadia

in my plan, i have addressed every issue that you are mentioning. would you like to read it?

about people showing up fucked up, i would have to do things like have them sign waivers when buying tickets, and having them sign them at the door. that's why i plan to get lawyers to see what i could possibly do that would be as harsh as possible. and i would make it clear that i DO NOT want to bust anybody, but THESE PARTIES are drug-free, and anyone who violates them would have to pay severely. anyone who would want to do drugs could go elsewhere.

*chuckle*

best of luck to ya