Clubplanet Nightlife Community

T-Shirt Trend

Guest SOBEGUY

Guest SOBEGUY

Again I'm new to SOBE but have visted in the past. I just wanted to know exactly when the South Beach dress code changed from dress attire to jeans and tee-shirts. I remember coming here and not being able to walk in a club with sneakers on or jeans for that matter. Now, the dress is jeans and a trendy tight fitting tee-shirt. Don't get me wrong I love being a little dressed down to go out but c'mon, when is this trendy message embedded t-shirt trend gong to end. The funny thing is people by them ranging from $40 - 60 dollars, what's up with that!!

Again I'm new to SOBE but have visted in the past. I just wanted to know exactly when the South Beach dress code changed from dress attire to jeans and tee-shirts. I remember coming here and not being able to walk in a club with sneakers on or jeans for that matter. Now, the dress is jeans and a trendy tight fitting tee-shirt. Don't get me wrong I love being a little dressed down to go out but c'mon, when is this trendy message embedded t-shirt trend gong to end. The funny thing is people by them ranging from $40 - 60 dollars, what's up with that!!

I love it. Especially if I’m mixing, their is nothing like being comfortable and looking stylish at same time.

8)

Guest slamminshaun

I think the whole T-shirt thing is on its way out anyway so save your money. If you do it for comfort, then go for it...

Guest Fez

nothing wrong with that...i personally don't wear t-shirts...i'm a polo shirt guy....but it's a trend...not everybody looks goog in them...but i guess ppl just go with the flo'

Guest RzO

jesus... i dont see why it matters... its a trend and like all trends it will probbaly end at some point... the main reason for it is when you go out dancing for 8-10 to 12 hours you must be comfortable...granted i have my fair share of designer italian shirts and i am sick of getting them ruined at clubs... t shirts are cool cause the can look ok and most importantly keep you comfortable... its like wearing an armband... that didn't start as a trend it was because club heads wear them to wipe sweat and it started to gain trend so people just started wearing them... oh and for the white belts.. black shoes, black belt, brown shoes brown belt... white sneakers....you guessed it white belt!!! so anyway i think its here to stay for a little so why care about it?

Guest slamminshaun

As far as the price range it is still cheaper then buying a $100 designer shirt.

I know a guy at the Swap Shop named Jean Bertrand that sells designer shirts for $10 each. ;) He's got Oakley sunglasses and designer cologne too. ;)

Guest rollyp66

Just go on gay night and you don't need a shirt at all ;)

ewwwww lol........ when i last saw DT down here oy vey .. many guys with no shirts lol

That is a given for DT and VC...

Guest Cosmigonon

ewwwww lol........ when i last saw DT down here oy vey .. many guys with no shirts lol

If you want I can dig up a pic of you at Crobar for Edgar V where you had your shirt completely unbuttoned showing off your pecs. ;)

Shit, now I know never to let my pic be taken by Carissa. Someday I might put her in a bad mood, and she will extort me with some very bad/incriminating one... :o :o

If you want I can dig up a pic of you at Crobar for Edgar V where you had your shirt completely unbuttoned showing off your pecs. ;)

Shit, now I know never to let my pic be taken by Carissa. Someday I might put her in a bad mood, and she will extort me with some very bad/incriminating one... :o :o

LOL! I would never post the pic (unless he wanted me to). Besides, he POSED for the pic.

Guest Cosmigonon

LOL! I would never post the pic (unless he wanted me to). Besides, he POSED for the pic.

LOL, it's all good then :relief: ;)

Guest Cosmigonon

It really depends on your gender, you good you look in it and who you know at the club. I NEVER dress up for Space simpoly beause I am usually there for many hours at a time but I always dress up for Amika, Crobar, etc.

Other places you dont NEED to dress up for are Cafeteria (on Wed) and Blue.

Yep, I kinda follow the same rule. Space is definitely not a place to dress up, all you're gonna do there is dance. The main room is so crowded, people will only get to see you from the neck up anyway. The Terrace is always hot and sweaty and sunny, so you might as well go in some bathing trunks and that's it. 8)

Besides, you can never go wronf with t-shirts and sneakers, besides, wht's wrong with white belts? nobody ever complained about black belts... ::)

When I lived in West Kendall, We used to always dress up for the Beach no matter where we went. Now that I am a resident, T-Shirts are a lot more comfortable and acceptable...but to big clubs, I wear shirts. It really depends on the latest trend and how willing you are to go with it, or reject it.