Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Amazing Places to Vacation in the Contiguous 48 States

LESjunkie

so I've got these two tickets anywhere in the US that I need to use up before April. I'm looking for something romantic, tropical, and amazing for two cool ,young gay lovers in their early twenties. :P (i only mention the sexual orientation so no one comes at me with ideas of spring break in south padre texas or various unwelcoming; shitty places)

obviously Miami is ideal...but I've been to miami so many times and it is more nightlife oriented anyway. It seems that South Florida or maybe flying to SanDiego and driving to Mexico might be the only options? Can anyone offer some suggestions? Something with beautiful beaches....anything good in the keys?

Guest web_norah

i'd suggest checking out San Diego, very pretty, not humid and has a great restaurant thing going on (not sure about nightlife there, i really went to relax).......or Scottsdale, Arizona. what about Bermuda?

Guest JMT

go to L.A. (stay in west hollywood), you can drive to San Diego and Mexico is only a short drive away. but Tijiuana is very dirty.

Guest guyman1966

go to L.A. (stay in west hollywood), you can drive to San Diego and Mexico is only a short drive away. but Tijiuana is very dirty.

West Hollywood has a terrific gay community but its not very tropical.

And I don't recommend driving to Mexico from CA. Most rental car companies will not let you do that.

Can the tickets fly you to Alaska in the summer? How about Hawaii?

If it has to be the continental US - Have you been to Key West?

Guest JMT

And I don't recommend driving to Mexico from CA. Most rental car companies will not let you do that.

true, there are places to park near the border and you can walk over.

Key West is tropical. that might be the play Ev.

One ticket is anywhere American flies...the other is only contiguous 48 US states, which blows, because ideally we'd fly to Hawaii or South America or somewhere exotic where everyone speaks Spanish. (love latin culture)

So yeah, i'll be giving up a major travel opportunity by using the international one domestically, but it's worth it to travel with your better half, you know? I could go to hawaii alone, but would have an empty heart. whatever. im slightly bitter.

the thing is, the travel needs to commence before April 15th. Climates across the US in that time period arent ideal, aside from Fl, for tropical weather (sun, not hurricanes). So California isnt as enticing as it would be during the summer...I dont know what to do.

are the beaches there great like Miami, though? I heard they arent that great in key West.

PS I SCUBA dive too, which might make the keys a cool place to consider.

Guest JMT

are the beaches there great like Miami, though? I heard they arent that great in key West.

PS I SCUBA dive too, which might make the keys a cool place to consider.

no the beaches arent that great, but i think it might make up for it in fun factor. rent some scooters, there is some sight seeing, cheesy bar hopping, snorkeling and scuba. its got the tropical feel.

Guest guyman1966

As already said - the beaches in Key West suck. There is one public beach. I do like the Casa Marina - that hotel has a nice pool and private beach. Key West has TONS of Diving, boating, and a very vibrant gay community. You can even stay at a gay B&B (many to choose from).

We go down to Key West 2x per year.

thanks for all this info, guys, you're very helpful.

I may try to also sell the domestic ticket and use the profit from that towards buying an international ticket (maybe Puerto Rico...) to complement the one I already have. American flies to Puerto Rico for around $200...

Guest trancepriest

I heard rural South Carolina is not so bad. I'm amazed that some of you conservatives know some pretty hot gay spots... Guyman in particular... even down to the Bed and Breakfast thing... hehe. ;D Wow just shows you can't label a conservative.

If your thinking of going international.. try out Kingston, Jamaica. Very hot gayspot indeed.

Guest guyman1966

I'm amazed that some of you conservatives know some pretty hot gay spots... Guyman in particular... even down to the Bed and Breakfast thing... hehe. ;D Wow just shows you can't label a conservative.

If I am forced to label myself, I'm a Liberal-Republican.

Pro Choice

Pro Gay Unions

Pro Civil Rights

Pro Womens Rights

Anti EuroTrash

I'm amazed that some of you conservatives know some pretty hot gay spots... Guyman in particular... even down to the Bed and Breakfast thing... hehe. ;D Wow just shows you can't label a conservative.

If I am forced to label myself, I'm a Libal-Republican.

Pro Choice

Pro Gay Unions

Pro Civil Rights

Pro Womens Rights

Anti EuroTrash

and im a hedonist...i want everyone except pedophiles and murderers to enjoy whatever it is that tickles their fancy.

Guest LdySphynx

What about the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, it's all inclusive ;D.

If not Las Vegas believe it or not can be very romantic, there's more to Vegas than Gambling and Partying!!!

Guest Devilicious

Definitely look into Jamaica. There's a Hedonism resort in Negril for ya. I found Jamaica in general to be very romantic. Hiking up waterfalls and relaxing on the beaches (which are gorgeous) sipping the best pina colodas you can imagine, kayaking, swimming...and if you want to party there's no shortage of ways to get down either :)

Guest web_norah

i totally forgot about Puerto Rico, thats a hot place to go for r&r and some nightlife, plus you can see Antonio CJ there.

Guest guyman1966

If not Las Vegas believe it or not can be very romantic, there's more to Vegas than Gambling and Partying!!!

Cool beans. Mrs. Guyman and I will be in Vegas next week. Please feel free to post or PM any suggestions.

Guest JMT

Cool beans. Mrs. Guyman and I will be in Vegas next week. Please feel free to post or PM any suggestions.

if you like filet and lobster make a reservation at the Palms at Caesar's. its a landmark and delicious.

Guest guyman1966

if you like filet and lobster make a reservation at the Palms at Caesar's. its a landmark and delicious.

Thats a great idea.... It never occured to me that we have to eat food. LOL