Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you like living in/near Miami?

Guest vegasguy25

Guest vegasguy25

Overall, would you guys say you like living in or near Miami? What are the good/bad things about living there? Thanks in advance for your responses.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vegasguy25

I prefer to live NEAR miami. Though an hour away isn't exactly near. *lol*

I live a lot farther away than that, although I don't know for how much longer that will be true. Miami is on my very short list of cities to move to if I decide to move.

Guest Justin Johnson

It depends on what you're expectations and goals are. For me, being a DJ and living on the beach is fuckin' awesome. Everything, almost, is within walking distance, which I love. Rent is not cheap, but you pay for the convenience of being in the center of all the action, including walking distance to the ocean. ;D

Guest pod

The beach has it's pluses and minuses. Plus being that it is the beach. Minuses:

- Expensive

- Touristy

- Inconvenient for anything other than entertainement. Stores are overpriced hardcore, restaurants, gas, and other goods too.

- Parking. Easier not to own a car. Get a motorcycle.

My advice is to move to the mainland close to the downtown area...

Guest pod

South Beach proper is a bit overrated as a place to live. I don't desire ocean views that much to pay a premium.

That being said, Miami Beach isn't so bad.

Guest barstar diana

its ok--the trafficccc suuuuccckkkssss asssss we need better pucblic trans...but if ur moving to mia move to downtown--its gonna be the new hot spot after the beach with all the development going on

Guest musicalmissionary

The beach has it's pluses and minuses. Plus being that it is the beach. Minuses:

- Expensive

- Touristy

- Inconvenient for anything other than entertainement. Stores are overpriced hardcore, restaurants, gas, and other goods too.

- Parking. Easier not to own a car. Get a motorcycle.

My advice is to move to the mainland close to the downtown area...

Expensive - Quality usually carries a higher price tag

Touristy - Not sure how that impacts quality of life

Parking - Not a problem if your apartment comes with parking

Inconvenient - Hardly

Not trying to start a pissing match. But the bottom line is that quality carries a price tag. If you can afford it, you'd be a fool not to enjoy it.

I'm sure there are plenty of other quality places to live in Miami. But very few are walking distance from the beach. Everyone has different priorities.

Guest pod

Well, I'm here because I have a very good deal going on with my place to live. The fact that it is on the beach is secondary really.

And by parking I mean if you decide to go more than ten blocks from your home, parking is a bitch...

i live in kendall

traffic is a nitemare. im ready to leave kendall and move to ft lauderdale big time

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Guest DrFired

I live near Coconut Grove which is about 5-15 minutes from everything you need. If you could afford the beach then that's good..but i wouldn't live there, i preffer the mainland a little more.

Guest Devilicious

Comparing the whole South Florida area to other US cities... there's no place I'd rather be. The weather is great (too hot for some) the nightlife is incredible, it's very diverse, the people are beautiful (and suprisingly to me pretty friendly over all) the job market is not bad, there's a lot going on in visual and performance art, and it's beautiful, not to mention right on the water. Boating all day as a warm up for your night out......the best. And even if you don't have ocean views it's not like you're ever going to be that far from the water. Clearly there are many options once you choose to be in this area so yeah, decide what's most important to you and c'mon down. The only regret I have about moving to Miami is that I didn't do it sooner ;D

Guest Clarisa

I live in Miami. I cannot move anywhere near South Beach cause it will shift my priorities :-\ meaning I will party more and focus on college less.

Guest sross

My girlfriend lives in Palmetto (I think that's what it's called anyway). I prefer the more sedate life in the suburbs during the week. SoBe is only 45 minute drive away (depending on the traffic) so it's not too bad. Miami is a very cool city overall. The only downside is the public transportation - absolutely dreadful / virtually non-existent.

Guest trancelator

I live 45 minutes north of Miami (Boca Raton) and I love it here. I get to have my suburban life during the week and then go play in Miami on the weekends. However, the drive does suck, but thats one bonus of having lots of friends that live in Dade County. ;) ;D

Yup. If you want a more residential lifestyle, live in Broward or Palm Beach county. Dade County is more urban but has everything as far as fashion, entertainment, nightlife, etc. I love the ability to go from the serene to the madness in less than 45 minutes. ;D

Guest vegasguy25

I think I would want to live closer than 45 minutes to South Beach, or downtown Miami, because I would be working in one of the hotels. If possible, I would want to avoid a 45-60 minute commute. There are a few really nice hotels down there I wouldn't mind working for, most notably the Loews, the Mandarin Oriental, and the Ritz Carlton.

I am not totally set on moving, as I like where I live now. Las Vegas is an exciting place to live, and very easy to live in as well. I don't even know if I am ready for a change. Besides, if I were to move somewhere, it would take a lot for me to move somewhere else besides LA. I already lived there once, and it's the only other city on my list of places to move to were I to leave Las Vegas. I will be down in Miami for six days for the Conference. That should give me enough time to really guage whether or not I could call Maimi home. Thanks a lot for the feedback from everyone. Please keep it coming.

I will be down in Miami for six days for the Conference. That should give me enough time to really guage whether or not I could call Maimi home. Thanks a lot for the feedback from everyone. Please keep it coming.

WMC is not a true representation of how livingin Sobe or Miami is. I used to live in Ft Lauderdale, buyt moved back to Ohio for now. If i ever moved back i would move to Ft Lauderdale again, since Miami traffic sucks and I don't speak spanish. Honeslty if you do not speak a differenct language any job in marketing and hotel stuff might be a problem.

I just got tired of dealing with cheap business owners that are running fly by night companies with no career stability. Plus I wanted to buy house and real estate prices are inflated in SOuth Florida.

Its a great place for vacation or a sedond home, but a place for me to live full time

Guest Cosmigonon

I live 45 minutes north of Miami (Boca Raton) and I love it here. I get to have my suburban life during the week and then go play in Miami on the weekends. However, the drive does suck, but thats one bonus of having lots of friends that live in Dade County. ;) ;D

Yup. If you want a more residential lifestyle, live in Broward or Palm Beach county. Dade County is more urban but has everything as far as fashion, entertainment, nightlife, etc. I love the ability to go from the serene to the madness in less than 45 minutes. ;D

I hear you. I live in Ft. Lauderdale, which doesn't have all the traffic Miami does, but I'm only 30 min away from the party. I know I can get carried away, so like Clarisa said, I have mi priorities straight, and I only go out to play to Miami when I really decide to ;D

Guest trancelator

I think I would want to live closer than 45 minutes to South Beach, or downtown Miami, because I would be working in one of the hotels. If possible, I would want to avoid a 45-60 minute commute. There are a few really nice hotels down there I wouldn't mind working for, most notably the Loews, the Mandarin Oriental, and the Ritz Carlton.

Yeah, it would not be wise to live in Broward or Palm Beach then. There would be no point in living here and driving to the Loews every day. I live in Palm Beach mainly because of my job but I love it here.

Aventura is the place....u dont have to live a hour away just to go party...u can but thats a choice u'd have to make...ive lived all over miami, sobe, and b4 i moved to orlando i was living in Aventura...and that had to be the nicest place out of miami, clean, no homeless, there arent that many tourists, traffic is okay, only 15mins to sobe/downtown, everything is also close by, Aventura mall is also very nice. Deff check it out.

Ps...im talking about East Aventura

now im here in o-town...true suburbs