Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Garden State

ryan2772

Guest Stogie

cool freakin flick gets you to know well with the characters in the movie and the plot is good...

and Portman is mos def HOT.... ;)

Guest kcariaga

I just saw this movie last weekened and really liked it a lot, too! How old is Natalie Portman? She looks so young in the movie, but I agree she is really cute.

Guest Clarisa

I just saw this movie last weekened and really liked it a lot, too! How old is Natalie Portman? She looks so young in the movie, but I agree she is really cute.

Portman is 23 years old

Guest ic143

Awesome flick! Zack Braff who plays Andrew Largeman in this movie was terrific. It was great to see him play a more serious role as I am so used to seeing him play a more comical role on the show Scrubs which btw is an excellent show! ;D

Guest LeVeL

great movie .. portman is on a role with this and closer.

Yup so true...Natalie Portman certainly stands out from all the young actresses out there. Its funny how you see Kate Hudson still doing High School Movies and Natalie Portman doing movies for the mature person.

eventhough there is no comparison between the two you can see that Natalie Portman is special and she doesn't take a roll in just any movie.

Portman is 23 years old

Want to fall in love with her for real? Rent "Beautiful Girls" - her and Uma Thurman both have amazing non-primary roles in that movie and they both steal the show...trust me. Portman is fantastic.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115639/

Guest Cosmigonon

This movie is sooooooooooooo overrated in my opinion. Way too pretentious. The movie is extremely slow, and it seems to be going nowhere. Now, don't get me wrong, I hate hollywood crap, action flicks, etc, so this totally seemed like it was gonna be a great movie, but the truth is, aside from a couple of funny moments in the beggiging, is just plain boring, Zach tries to make the lead characther seem "way to cool in a dorky kind of way" but it's so obvious what he's trying to acomplish, is just plain annoying. Two thumbs down... :-X

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm....so I watched this last night, and I think it was good...i think it had lots of symbolism in it...the movie might need to be seen twice to absorb it all...themes of going back home to your roots....the people that went nowhere...facing your past and your future, wasting life, finding your purpose in life, and finding love to share while achieving your purpose. These themes are pretty played in theatre and drama outlets in general....but the movie is pretty good, though a bit simple minded in my opinion.

If you want to see a groundbreaking movie that covers themes of life and purpose and love along the way, I recommend American Beauty. That's a film that deserves some of the high-praise that some of you have given to Garden State. In my opinion

Guest Cosmigonon

hmmm....so I watched this last night, and I think it was good...i think it had lots of symbolism in it...the movie might need to be seen twice to absorb it all...themes of going back home to your roots....the people that went nowhere...facing your past and your future, wasting life, finding your purpose in life, and finding love to share while achieving your purpose. These themes are pretty played in theatre and drama outlets in general....but the movie is pretty good, though a bit simple minded in my opinion.

If you want to see a groundbreaking movie that covers themes of life and purpose and love along the way, I recommend American Beauty. That's a film that deserves some of the high-praise that some of you have given to Garden State. In my opinion

That's what I'm talking about, American Beauty, one of the best films ever!!! ;D

Guest web_norah

just saw it

loved how it was shot, the sequencing of takes, the colors, and most of all the acting - way to go for artsy filmmaking!

Guest ramon

just saw it

loved how it was shot, the sequencing of takes, the colors, and most of all the acting - way to go for artsy filmmaking!

excellent movie and the music was fuckin ace .. i ran to the store to get the soundtrack after it was done.

Guest Cosmigonon

just saw it

excellent movie and the music was fuckin ace .. i ran to the store to get the soundtrack after it was done.

ugh!!! the music was awful... :-X

• 1 month later...
Guest LeVeL

The film was pretty good and the soundtrack was cool too but I think this film gets way too much credit then what it actually deserves.

Nice film and all but defintely forgetable.

This is one of those filsm you watc once and then after that never watch again.