Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Space Done?

Guest SOBEGUY

Guest Davenavarro10

If clubs aren't strict and let all types of people in, they will eventually start to lose money. Some people don't want to hang out and spend their money at a place where guys show up dressed in wife beaters, sneakers and athletic jerseys. I know that Space doesn't allow people in if they are or are not wearing certain items. You guys don't think that it's sort of low class that some of these meathead, no neck, juicers take off their shirts in the main room? I even think that probably shouldn't be allowed on the patio either, but I do know that it gets pretty hot up there. When a club starts to lose it's target market, they start losing money. Then they have to cater to another crowd which lots of times signals the beginning of the end.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SOBEGUY

If clubs aren't strict and let all types of people in, they will eventually start to lose money. Some people don't want to hang out and spend their money at a place where guys show up dressed in wife beaters, sneakers and athletic jerseys. I know that Space doesn't allow people in if they are or are not wearing certain items. You guys don't think that it's sort of low class that some of these meathead, no neck, juicers take off their shirts in the main room? I even think that probably shouldn't be allowed on the patio either, but I do know that it gets pretty hot up there. When a club starts to lose it's target market, they start losing money. Then they have to cater to another crowd which lots of times signals the beginning of the end.

I've taken my shirt off at Space, almost was arrested though. If any of you ever have the privledge of bumping into me and spilling my drink you'll see why I was almost arrested...just be sure to buy me another drink.

Guest pod

Then they have to cater to another crowd which lots of times signals the beginning of the end.

You'd shit if you saw the amount of cash that place brings in being open only one day a week. I don't see "the end" for them anytime soon. And the crowd hasn't changed that much since day one. The way you two present it, you act like the main room is filled to the brim with b-ball jerseys and FUBU-wear.

Guest b00tyman07

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone from Hialeah. I wasn't the one who started the post. But I think what Sobeguy meant was that the crowd at Space isn't what it used to be. Perhaps he meant that the crowds now are lower class. I've even spoken to people who used to work at Space and they did agree that the crowds on certain nights sucked, that (to be polite) they were weird. Call me an elitist, but I remember reading a post a few days ago telling someone to stay away from the Beach on Memorial day weekend. That post not only sounded elitist, but racist as well.

Yo dave you calling me a rascist. I'll have you know some of my bestfriends are black, and being the lover of booty that I am will be out on the beach for Memorial Day Weekend. I was just telling the guy not to bother and make the trip if it wasn't his scene.

"I'll have you know some of my bestfriends are black" LMAO

do you have both of em at the house at the same time? and the random black guy at work you say high to once in a while doesn't count...just kiddin, i can't be mad at another "lover of booty"

You guys don't think that it's sort of low class that some of these meathead, no neck, juicers take off their shirts in the main room? I even think that probably shouldn't be allowed on the patio either, but I do know that it gets pretty hot up there.

i agree with you there.. all dudes should wear shirts.. not because its low class but because its gay

Guest Davenavarro10

Of course the place makes tons of money pod, they don't have any real competition. But then again, they seem to let everyone and their mother in. Even if most people who go to Space get in for free, they would probably spend at least 20 bucks on drinks. I just find it amazing that so many people who go to Space don't know about passwords or websites like this one and end up spending money when they don't really have to. And what you said about Space having the same crowd it's had since it opened, I totally disagree. I seriously doubt that there are still a lot of people that used to go to space in 2000 when it opened, and that still go there now. People grow up, it gets old, it gets boring, they look for other things to do.

why would Phil need a comp for Danny?

I didn't but Andrew was nice enough to offer one. I walked in with $120 that night. It's the first time in my life that I've seen DT without paying my monetary respects. ;D

no wonder. i was surprised when i read "Phil needs a comp"

;D

hey, we DT fans support each other huh ? ;)

btw, Phil, i saw u lurking on the DT boards :P

I mainly read it. I rarely post. ;D

Guest pod

Same crowd in type and concept...of course not the same exact people!

Though some of the old Space folk have been in the house lately.

I'm wondering why you are so opposed to a liberal door policy though. Your buddy Dave Navarro wouldn't be cool with that.

Guest rollyp66

Of course the place makes tons of money pod, they don't have any real competition. But then again, they seem to let everyone and their mother in. Even if most people who go to Space get in for free, they would probably spend at least 20 bucks on drinks. I just find it amazing that so many people who go to Space don't know about passwords or websites like this one and end up spending money when they don't really have to. And what you said about Space having the same crowd it's had since it opened, I totally disagree. I seriously doubt that there are still a lot of people that used to go to space in 2000 when it opened, and that still go there now. People grow up, it gets old, it gets boring, they look for other things to do.

Actually I know a lot of people that still go out from the old days...me being one of them. You are entitled to your opinion but in turn everything has cycles.. all clubs, restuarants, business. They still have a demand for what they do. If someone doesn't like it honestly go somewhere you like. It's all about what you as a person likes. As for the people who don't know about passwords etc... These "sites" aren't for them..most of these sites target market are for peopel who frequent clubs and have more than a general knowlege about the scene and it's culture.

Guest Davenavarro10

I'm not opposed to it Pod. But the truth is that when a new type of crowd starts to frequent a certain establishment, the regulars might not hang around much longer. For example if Puig wanted to make more money and decided to have an all ages Party on a Saturday night, I know that tons of regulars might not end up going because they wouldn't want to hang out with little kids. The same could be said if they start allowing athletic jersyes and wife beaters. The crowd would change, and the regulars would probably stop going because they wouldn't want to go to a place that is considered ghetto. Perfect example, Life in the grove. When they first opened up 2 years ago, it was a really nice place, and it competed with oxygen. Eventually a bad crowd started showing up and next thing you know, Power 96 is broadcasting live from there on saturday nights.

Not to sound like the perpetual shill, but what is wrong with fortysomethings enjoying themselves in a nightclub? Frankly I'd like to think when I'm 40+ I'll be enjoying life still.

Agreed! One of the coolest things I saw in Spain was the diverse ages of folks who were out dancing and enjoying themselves at the clubs late-nights. For some reason, I get the feeling that NA culture thinks it’s “lame†to still go out and have fun when you’re older/married or whatever…I sincerely hope that doesn’t happen to me :D

Guest rollyp66

I'm not opposed to it Pod. But the truth is that when a new type of crowd starts to frequent a certain establishment, the regulars might not hang around much longer. For example if Puig wanted to make more money and decided to have an all ages Party on a Saturday night, I know that tons of regulars might not end up going because they wouldn't want to hang out with little kids. The same could be said if they start allowing athletic jersyes and wife beaters. The crowd would change, and the regulars would probably stop going because they wouldn't want to go to a place that is considered ghetto. Perfect example, Life in the grove. When they first opened up 2 years ago, it was a really nice place, and it competed with oxygen. Eventually a bad crowd started showing up and next thing you know, Power 96 is broadcasting live from there on saturday nights.

I doubt LP would do an all ages on a Sat... A friday is a completely different thing. Again regulars come and go... Some regulars are in the scene for a little while and disappear. Others will be around forever. I'm a perfect example of it...I disappeared for a while but I came back, and then I disappeared for months at a time due to a health issue I had but I'm back. Again its all a cycle. People & Places come and go but the demand will always be there.

I doubt LP would do an all ages on a Sat... A friday is a completely different thing. Again regulars come and go... Some regulars are in the scene for a little while and disappear. Others will be around forever. I'm a perfect example of it...I disappeared for a while but I came back, and then I disappeared for months at a time due to a health issue I had but I'm back. Again its all a cycle. People & Places come and go but the demand will always be there.

Liver problems Rolly? :P

Guest rollyp66

Nah my liver is quite healthy, man it is too long of a story for me to be typing I'll tell you in person sometime just remind me @ the next AA meeting.

Guest Davenavarro10

I've seen pics of some of you guys on the site. I'm not going to mention any names, but some of you guys definitely need to cut down on the drinking and partying and exercise more.

Nah my liver is quite healthy, man it is too long of a story for me to be typing I'll tell you in person sometime just remind me @ the next AA meeting.

You know im just messing bro.

Next time I see you and that your sober enough that I think you can tell me the story I will remind you ;)

Cheers homie

Guest pod

Gee thanks. Now why don't you do us all a favor and post a photo of yourself?

I'm no prize pig, but I must say I'm pretty ticked you have the wherewithal to criticize the board membership in this manner. Even if I wasn't Mr. Mod here, most of these people are my friends.

Guest vegasguy25

The one positive about the 50% of Hialeah theory is that it's so dark in there that it's hard to see people. This does benefit the average Space goer.

What do you mean by 50% of Hialeah?

Guest DrFired

I've seen pics of some of you guys on the site. I'm not going to mention any names, but some of you guys definitely need to cut down on the drinking and partying and exercise more.

WTF I think you just need a friend...if you look hard enough you might find one!! but then again..who want to be friends with an idiot and a stalker?? ::)

Guest LeVeL

LMAO......

Dude just quit it already your opinion on this subject really doesn't have no value. Your not into Electronica, you aren't a clubber who supports the scene. You complain a little too much for a young guy.

And your simply not liked by anyone on this board including the ladies. The threads you start are totally stupid and repetative.

Just quit it.

Get your self another job, get a hobby, get a chick and spend sometime with her and reflect on life. Life is too good to be home sitting down complaining about this and that. Just save yourself the time and effort and basically save us the bashing.

This is a commercial break from your good Ol' friend, Level

Chaoooo 8)

Guest Davenavarro10

Pod all I suggested was more exercise, that's all. I didn't mean you specifically, but if you took offense to it, well then I'm sorry if I hit a nerve. And I'm not Brad pitt myself but I exercise on a regular basis, and would say that I'm probably in better shape than some of the people who I've seen from this board.