Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The official 2006 WMC saleen prediction...

V. Barbarino

You are gonna think this is so wacky that it won't happen, but 1 day after 2005 wmc ended, I'll make a bold prediction and you can dig this post up in a year to see if I"m right..

WMC is ova!!!!!!!!! DONE! Pack it up and and turn it off!!!

See, what none of you losers talked about was LP's bid to own the wmc... Lets face it, Space is the center of the wmc... Even if you hate the djs playing there, ya gotta go!!! You can't go back to your euro trash town or back home and not tell the evnvious peers that you missed out on club space...

Ok, so whats gonna happen??

MMC IS HERE.

MMC is owed by space, trademarked aswell. LP is unhappy with wmc and space doesn't even honor any wmc bades. They don't need to.

So heres the prediction...

LP calls up Dade, who (if around still) calls up louis at warehouse. Tells them, spacefest will end the mmc and the mmc will be a downtown affair... Their schedule, their rules, they will colude to put wmc out... Now why would nocturnal and the rest of downtown go with mmc and not wmc? $$$$ Actually they will do both...

So next year, watch:

Space fest or mmc fest and a downtown mmc that will last 2 weeks or atleast 2 weekends long..

one year, dig this post up, I'll be so fucking right..

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest musicalmissionary

Lets face it, Space is the center of the wmc...

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber.... ::)

Guest dudeitzdiesel

IT'S BELIEVABLE....

but it will not put a stop to wmc, maybe a big affect and quite possible to do it after a year, 2, or maybe 3 depending if he goes for all the raw talent from A-Z and actually gets more and more over time, he could dominate it.

Now that is bound to happen if he puts the right planning into it.

now that wmc is over, i'll give you the inside scoop about that post.. At the time it was 100% correct! Tiesto called space and ultra and told them to work together or he'll skip both of them.. Then spaces permits got pulled and ultra and space caved in....

check out space's website www.clubspace.com

look at this flyer, notice it's labled on their site as wmc, but when you open it, it's MMC

od_mmc_lg.jpg

now that wmc is over, i'll give you the inside scoop about that post.. At the time it was 100% correct! Tiesto called space and ultra and told them to work together or he'll skip both of them.. Then spaces permits got pulled and ultra and space caved in....

bullshit_meter.gif

im sure you talk to luis p every day and tiestos manager everyday too ::)

Guest barstar diana

i think wmc will stay and mmc will develop into the same conceptual marketing mechanism used for wmc but during diffrent dates cuz that way everyone makes even more money, if you think about it...why put one out of biz that makes you money out, when you can implement your own event in addition to bring in more cash flow...it makes more sense form a biz standpt at least for me, but im just a biz grad student, lets see what the actual owners do.....

::waiting for your move boys:: ::)

Guest ecpolo521

What they need to do is make conference during the first or second week of March. Just too many spring breakers during the end of March. :)

Guest musicalmissionary

I got no problem with Space pulling the commercial crowd off the beach and into downtown and leaving the beach to the underground scene.... Nothing Space can do will impact the gazillion house label parties and other lesser known parties that went off.

Guest pod

Underground, oooh scary. ;D

You might have events on the beach galore, but you have a 5 AM closing time and the Schutzenstaffelenforcing sound ordinances for no damn reason and shutting down your underground parties at midnight.

Miami cops don't care since only homeless people are downtown and homeless people don't vote. Yeah I know there's a condo going up, but you can't hear Space and presumably Nocturnal from that location.

"Underground" parties are all fine and dandy, but be smart and find a downtown location.

And like I said before, the most unlikely suspects were at Space hanging at any given point last week. Breaks DJs, deep house folk, they all converged on the place.

Guest AlanS

Sound ordinance enforcement was a huge problem this year, for a number of parties. They were out in full force starting Monday night and just didn't stop alll week alll over the beach.

Guest kurtispm8

Yeah, the ass's were trying to spoil a good time as usual.

I agree with the dude about , no way your getting me off the beach for downtown, as well as the gazzilion others...

But i would be all for Space MMC pulling a good percentage away from the beach.

CmC

Commercial Music Conference

I'll stay @ WMC

Guest pod

Not for nothing, but in a few years, both WMC and this MMC will be downtown. The Beach is going to just be a pile of condos and irritating WASPs. However, Phil will have his wish. All the megaclubs will be closed, and the only thing left will be little holes in the wall, even though they close at 2 AM.

By 2008, crobar, the Opium Group, and other players will have finally relocated to Downtown Miami to join Space, Nocturnal, Warehouse, Players, Pawn Shop, and various other entertainment options. The beach will be 2 AM bars, holes in the wall, west coast house, and coke.

Not for nothing, but in a few years, both WMC and this MMC will be downtown. The Beach is going to just be a pile of condos and irritating WASPs. However, Phil will have his wish. All the megaclubs will be closed, and the only thing left will be little holes in the wall, even though they close at 2 AM.

By 2008, crobar, the Opium Group, and other players will have finally relocated to Downtown Miami to join Space, Nocturnal, Warehouse, Players, Pawn Shop, and various other entertainment options. The beach will be 2 AM bars, holes in the wall, west coast house, and coke.

laughing-smiley-003.giflaughing-smiley-004.giflaughing-smiley-018.giflaughing-smiley-015.gif This post is the very reason why Pod rawks!!! ;)