Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The official 2006 WMC saleen prediction...

V. Barbarino

Guest coach

actually one of the things i like about miami is how there are multiple places all around town to party..........

i like how the mansion & crobar are across town from space & nocturnal

it makes you feel like the city is that much bigger & diverse not to mention the more places there are to promote & go to the less of a chance you have on being burnt out ..............

i grew up around new orleans & houston ........miami should be dancing in the streets with all the stuff they have to do........

i'd be in 7th heaven and soak up every fukkin' moment of it ........

i hope there is mmc , wmc , m3's , remix hotels , ultra fests , space fests & more shit than you can possibly handle under 1 sky..........

thats what i'm all about

This is a nice point.

As far as crowds, does anybody have the official number because they sure as hell looked up to this local. More crowds on the street and in the parties.

Also, Ultra seemed like it was waaaaaay more packed, probably due to good weather. For example, last year when it was over, the place was practically deserted. This year, it quite literally took us 20 minutes to get out the gate after they closed. And all the stages were more crowded.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xmuzik

i dont know what the exact total people were but it probably was the most ever ....... even the cab drivers were trippin' on the amount of people

i do know year before last in 2003 the only concert that beat it for the week in billboard magazine was a back to back date with billy joel & elton john on the same bill for 2 nights straight

thats pretty big

just look in billboard magazine over the next week or 2 maybe 3 and you'll see exactly how many tickets were sold , what the rank was overall , & how much money was generated in ticket sales

• 6 months later...

WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP DOUBTING THE SALEEN????

I HAD INSIDE INFO ON ALL OF THIS FOR MONTHS NOW, KNEW THE DATES BUT TOLD NOT A SOUL UNTIL THIS WEEK I LEAKED THEM TO SOME DJS..

ULTRA IS NOT PART OF MMC AND ULTRA IS PART OF WMC. NOW WMC WAS OFFERED A CHANCE TO ALIGN THEMSELVES AND WORK AS A PARTNER SHIP WITH MMC, BUT THEY BALKED AT THE IDEA AND BASICALY STOPPED PICKING UP THEIR PHONES. TRUTH BE TOLD, MMC DIDN'T TRY AND RUN THE WMC OUT OF TOWN THEY TRIED TO WORK WITH THEM FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE CONFRENCE BUT AGAIN WMC SAID NO...

MAD DRAMA BEHIND THE SCENES BETWEEN ULTRA AND GG BUT EVERY THING SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN WORKED OUT..

I KNOW FOR A FACT ALL THE BIG DOGS ARE ALREADY LOCKED DOWN AT SPACE FOR MMC...

read my frist post of this thread, look at the date, notice it's not edited...

Guest musicalmissionary

I'm willing to bet there's just as many people/parties/consumption going on at all the usual Beach venues during March 18-26 as there will be downtown during same dates.

Guest Devilicious

As I said before, who cares, it doesn't matter, there will still be great parties and great DJs and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference to the overwhelming majority of people what name or label is placed on it. Thanks for bringing this back, I was reminded of some very good times due to the posts in this thread :)

Guest colione98

whatever the case, hate or love him, the muthaf@cker produced it...... RESPECT THAT AND ADMIT IT....

Even though you rub me the wrong way at times Saleen, you bring it to 'em most of the time....

Totally impressed for whatever the cost is..... you called it...

Guest pod

Small dingy events are fine and dandy for trainspotting and such. Hell, I attend a few during the week. People just don't notice me :)

But during that magic time period in March, I want the full shebang. Top-notch sound, lighting, and visuals. If you don't go to the big venues during the MMC, you will be missing out. Trust me. 8)

/off to the tables

//no, really.

///69 F, no humidity.

Guest DonCornholeone

The WMC/Ultra party topped out right about in sync with Power 93.1. WMC/Ultra is "tired"

But that just refers to the cornball party itself, not to allt eh great parties taht go down during that time.

I went to the afterparty last year at AA and it was pretty much lame. The event planning was shitty and I hope that the folks behind MMC can get their shit togehter better. From what I hear so far - it looks like better collaboration going on at least.

IMHO, what happened with WMC is that the week of events and the parties all over the beach and downtown are what is the draw, not the lame ass ultra party.

Guest musicalmissionary

Small dingy events are fine and dandy for trainspotting and such. Hell, I attend a few during the week. People just don't notice me :)

But during that magic time period in March, I want the full shebang. Top-notch sound, lighting, and visuals. If you don't go to the big venues during the MMC, you will be missing out. Trust me. 8)

/off to the tables

//no, really.

///69 F, no humidity.

And for everyone of you there's a music enthusiast that comes to Miami in March because it's their one chance in the year to see all the lesser known names that don't make it to their part of the world the other 51 weeks of the year. Hence... the beach and it's gazillion little parties will live on... I hope.

So.... YAY for Everybody!!

Guest musicalmissionary

whatever the case, hate or love him, the muthaf@cker produced it...... RESPECT THAT AND ADMIT IT....

Even though you rub me the wrong way at times Saleen, you bring it to 'em most of the time....

Totally impressed for whatever the cost is..... you called it...

huh? what exactly did he call again?

Sounded to me like he was trying to say MMC and Spacefest/MMCfest will bring an end to WMC and move the whole thing downtown. No matter what downtown does, it doesn't have a beach, so parties will still go on at beach venues until the polar ice caps melt enough to cover up Miami Beach... that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Both the beach and downtown will thrive. Win-win.

And "predicting" "Spacefest" and the "MMC" is nothing impressive. There were hints galore last year... it was bound to happen this year.

Guest pod

Oh, I have no issue with the gazillion little parties. God bless 'em.

With the way things are shaping up to be in March, it is like ladies mud-wrestling...no matter which girl you root for, you still win.

Number of rooms downtown for last years wmc

3 - 4

if you count smaller venues such as pawn shop and that club that closed then maybe 5 or 6. Was PS even open last year?

But ulimately it's about 5 real rooms for downtown last year, but probably less.

This year

4 at space

3 at nocturnal

5 I think at metropolis

about 12 in all or about 2 to 3 times the rooms as last year...

It' going to be a downtown affair for sure! At 5am, watch the caravans over the bridge.. The return of the space shuttle??

*FYI, if NOC is racked for dough, they should spend the money to close off the first and second floors, make them separate rooms and charge the fuck out of people to get in!!!