Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Advice for new DJ...

0wizard0

I am 17 years old and I want to get into DJing. I bought a bunch of nice eqiptment 2 months ago including djm-600, 1200-3Ds, american DJ cdplayers, amps, speakers cases....everything. But i rarely play with it. How did all you DJs first get motivated? Where should i buy music? Should i start out with cds, or vinyl? Where can i learn all the basics and tricky technics??? What type of mixes should i start with? ..............Thanks A Lot!

Motivaiton is easy, just start hitting the clubs and watch the crowd as your favorite DJ's tear it up. I used to sit and watch Eddie and Denny light up Exit saturdays. Just go to different venues, watch and listen and that should give you the motivaiton your looking for. Good Luck!!

------------------

"Anybody can mix two records together but it takes a DJ to be able to do it creativley and make new sound out of that music" --A great wise man

"Spinning is like creating a new world in that room for that one night. You create a one night oblivion where nothing outside that room matters, all that matters is feeling the music and loving every second of it." --Another great wise man

not a suggestion......but my motivation and inspiration came from Skribbles. i was always interested in dj'ing, and thought about doing it for probably about a year, getting more serious every month. back in april i saw skribble spin live for the first time, and i had tried so many times before, but things never worked out. he spun an amazing set, i met him afterwards, talked to him a little, and got an autograph. i met my idol and was in absolute heaven. so the next day i went out and bought my equipment.

in the three months ive been spinning i can see myself that i made amzing strides, and my friends tell me too.

and just last weekend i spun at a house party(not my first one) and completely blew the place up.

------------------

A>

Originally posted by bigpoppanils:

i would love to dj too

unfortunately i have 2 problems: no money, and most of the stuff i want to use is not available in vinyl or out of print altogether

get it online and burn it....other dj's might "look down" on you, but the people who are feelin you at a party could care less.....play what you feel, and get it however you can..survival of the fittest!!!!

BG

------------------

Underground will live forever baby!!..We just like ROACHES....we never die...always livin!