space vs nocturnal this weekend

Guest houseman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Eddy Guerra

.. cedric just rents it.

there he goes taking another cheapshot at cedric. u should just admit that more people in miami rather hear him, than your boy(stryke). so stop being a hater, and obviously the 2,000+ people that come through the doors of space every saturday before 1 am and stay past sunrise and party their ass off don't agree with you...

Guest hedonist

[quote author=rcrespo

.. cedric just rents it.

there he goes taking another cheapshot at cedric. u should just admit that more people in miami rather hear him, than your boy(stryke). so stop being a hater, and obviously the 2,000+ people that come through the doors of space every saturday before 1 am and stay past sunrise and party their ass off don't agree with you...

That has nothing to with people's musical taste, if you switched Stryke to Space and Cedric to Nocturnal the crowds wouldn't follow. People in Miami are lemmings and will follow the masses, right now the masses are at Space. However, props to Space for building such a powerhouse, you could have Dj NoName spin there and they'd do well.

Guest pod

You'd be surprised with some of the local DJs, they do have a following. Cedric did a Thursday at Amika where there was no Thursday before and a lot of people showed up. And I've seen some DJs cause a fire drill at Space.

Guest ramon

[quote author=rcrespo

.. cedric just rents it.

just because more people hear him doesn't mean he's better .. its my opinion (cedric plays the same fuckin shit everyone else is playing be different try to experiment a bit for fucks sake if you have the oppurtunity to play to 2000+ a week I know I would. he played the same fuckin set inside and outside how is that for fuckin creativity? i'm not saying i could do any better, lord knows that i would clear out any room in this city probably, but there is so much amazing music out there right now than the same 5 fuckin producers and labels who are currently hot. Take a page out of saleen's book and play a classic for god sake.

Right now I'm very satisifed musically I've seen pretty much every DJ/Live PA I've wanted to see in the past week. Picked up some great records and met some rather incredible people.

Hawtin is still the #1 DJ in the world imo and that's what matters to me.

Guest dirtyhouse777

i'd see cedric any day over stryke.

Stryke's comp on harlequin was straight to stryke 3 for me.

I think it's gonna be quite a fight . "DING DING!!!!" SPACE in the red trunks and NOC in the blue. LOL. Let's look at our competitors. You simply can't beat FREE admission for AFTERHOURS. But on the same token you can't overlook the fact that SPACE has created a solid niche for the past 5 years with NO competition whatsoever (NV doesn't count). So in all fairness space does have a big advantage. But hey, NOC is the new kid on the block with the fresh cut, new gear, snappy attitude and a nasty left hook with KO potential. Not everybody is gonna like him but a lot will. NOC's potential is far from being reached, this is just the beginning. Don't Forget, when Space first opened back in 2000, for the first month or so it was not packed. It had to create a niche, which is what NOC is doing now. The problem with us Americans is that we always want everything NOW and FAST. It simply does not work that way. It's trial and error with everything. You learn by making mistakes, not by playing it safe. Give them a break. Personally i'm an optimist and i see the potential for a fantastic club in the near future. Do I think Space is going to close ? Hell No. It's known worldwide. World Class DJ's play there on a regular basis. It's not going anywhere. But Neither is Nocturnal.

Guest pod

Well, not every sound works in every city. If I went to Detroit, I'd probably hear the "same 5 producers" or whatever of techno.

And I'd hardly say Cedric, Oscar, or a lot of our other locals are limited to the same 5 producers. Do they play similar material? Yeah of course. A lot of these guys do work together and hang out, it is inevitable to have some crossing of material.

Guest progress

You must work for Space H.M. because you are so against all these dj's. But I remember at Ultra ( and I'm talking about every single year) I always see the house heads filling the Amphatheatre wheres It's all TRANCE and PROGRESSIVE!!!! You know what that means? It means that Trance and Progressive will never die!! And I'm not downing house because I also enjoy a good house set. But remember, don't get house,tribal and progressive confused because Space plays alot of tribal. If Ferry Corsten or Tiesto spin at Space the whole place goes crazy and Packed to the hilt. You really need to forget about all the terrible trance tracks you absorbed and open your mind to the new age of trance, where it develops and adjust to the times. Alot of the new progressive trance and progressive tribal tracks have that house vibe in them and they've done away with the tacky German melody's that our sences got so bored of. But, thinking about it, I get bored of house tracks too. That is why both Progressive Trance, progressive, tribal, breaks and house will continue to flourish and advance. That's why there all called progressive. Because it changes with the times. It can never die!!! It's impossible !!!! Leave Miami and see for yourself !!! But go witness a real Progressive or Trance dj, so that like that you can see the energy that Space misses out out on every single week. And by the way, Edgar V is a great dj. Edgar V blends the progressive with everything including house and it works for him, while others like Eddie G have blended the progressive with tribal and progressive house and that's working for him. Nocturnal is a beatiful venue while Space is a dump. That wharehouse look and ugly vip seating at space never impressed me. It's actually pretty boring at Space, while Nocturnal gives you that classy feeling where you know everythings lushy. Also, I must say that hot chiks love trance, not that fat chic fest that goes on at Space with the house. Ugly broads go to Space man, beleive me, i tour all the clubs. Space is infested with Transexuals that will trick any poor unsuspecting fellow into a nightmare. Why would anyone want to go into that environment? NO DOUBT, NOCTURNAL IS MY CHOICE !!!! ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE NOT YET SEEN THE PLACE, AND WHEN THEY DO, THEY WILL LOVE IT. Edgar V, Stryke, Roland and guest make for a great party. And lately I heard that Eddie G will most probably join the force of Nocturnal, and when that happens every chic in Miami will be flowing there sexy ass bodies to Nocturnal. Beleive me that chics know great music and Eddie G is a pussy magnet. So let's see when MR.PROGRESSIVE COMES INTO PLAY WHAT HAPPENS. EDDIE G ONLY THROWS WICKED VOCALS AND CHICS LOVE THAT. IT WILL BE A HUGE SLOW DOWN FOR SPACE SOON, IT'S A GIVEN !!!! ::) I also heard some future stuff that Nocturnal will do. Space is indeed in trouble, house kid !!! :'(

[quote author=rcrespo

.. cedric just rents it.

Eddy...slow down on the Stryke hating...what does he have to do with what RCrespo said? talk about cheap shots...

Stryke just started a residency at a brand new club...Cedric recently stepped into a party that took 5 years to build into a hugely succesful night...its a LITTLE different..

I'm sure Cedric doesn't need a messageboard bodyguard so don't get your panties in a bunch everytime someone doesn't love him as much as you do..it comes with the territory

and after all, you are Space's main promoter...act right

Guest ramon

Well, not every sound works in every city. If I went to Detroit, I'd probably hear the "same 5 producers" or whatever of techno.

And I'd hardly say Cedric, Oscar, or a lot of our other locals are limited to the same 5 producers. Do they play similar material? Yeah of course. A lot of these guys do work together and hang out, it is inevitable to have some crossing of material.

No that was one thing I saw in Detroit .. it truly had some serious diversity .. if you wanted to hear house you had the souldega crew doing stuff or techno/idm/experimental paxahau crew was doing great parties .. hell even the hip hop was good .. fuckin slum village was great on the fuckin main stage on saturday. hell one of the biggest things this year was 3 promotion groups hooking up to do a series of afterparties @ envy (detroit) .. they called it unity and it featured everything from kaskade and company to mathew jonson and luciano.

i'd love to see that happen in miami .. for 3 promotion groups to get together and do a series of events somewhere. that couldn't happen here because everyone wants the spotlight etc and couldn't work together towards a common goal.

Oscar is one of the most diverse DJ's here so don't even get me started, I've seen him playing everything from Basic Channel to Marvin Gaye. It's a shame you haven't heard bugged out by the murk boys or anything older cause you'll see the boys just made more than just house. :)

time will tell what happens, but i'll just go see my friends regardless of where they fuckin play.

sedanos with murk? im there.

Guest kayla

[quote author=rcrespo

WERD!! People, if you don't prefer someone's music, DON'T listen to it. I'm so sick of these pissing contests! GROW UP!

.. cedric just rents it.

Eddy...slow down on the Stryke hating...what does he have to do with what RCrespo said? talk about cheap shots...

Stryke just started a residency at a brand new club...Cedric recently stepped into a party that took 5 years to build into a hugely succesful night...its a LITTLE different..

I'm sure Cedric doesn't need a messageboard bodyguard so don't get your panties in a bunch everytime someone doesn't love him as much as you do..it comes with the territory

and after all, you are Space's main promoter...act right

[quote author=rcrespo

.. cedric just rents it.

How is that different? Explain that to me? Fact is and your old boss LP would tell you this too that if you put a shitty dj in the space party, it would tank.. If you put a great dj at the NOC party it would work. Oscar if you ran space, would you hire Stryke for the main room resident when you were on the road?? Stryke took the past 2 years off from the Miami house scene and it shows... Eddy should not have posted what he did. I'm sure Stryke doesn't need a messageboard bodyguard so don't get your panties in a bunch everytime someone doesn't love him as much as you do..it comes with the territory and after all, you are a Space DJ...act right

You must work for Space H.M. because you are so against all these dj's. But I remember at Ultra ( and I'm talking about every single year) I always see the house heads filling the Amphatheatre wheres It's all TRANCE and PROGRESSIVE!!!! You know what that means? It means that Trance and Progressive will never die!! And I'm not downing house because I also enjoy a good house set. But remember, don't get house,tribal and progressive confused because Space plays alot of tribal. If Ferry Corsten or Tiesto spin at Space the whole place goes crazy and Packed to the hilt. You really need to forget about all the terrible trance tracks you absorbed and open your mind to the new age of trance, where it develops and adjust to the times. Alot of the new progressive trance and progressive tribal tracks have that house vibe in them and they've done away with the tacky German melody's that our sences got so bored of. But, thinking about it, I get bored of house tracks too. That is why both Progressive Trance, progressive, tribal, breaks and house will continue to flourish and advance. That's why there all called progressive. Because it changes with the times. It can never die!!! It's impossible !!!! Leave Miami and see for yourself !!! But go witness a real Progressive or Trance dj, so that like that you can see the energy that Space misses out out on every single week. And by the way, Edgar V is a great dj. Edgar V blends the progressive with everything including house and it works for him, while others like Eddie G have blended the progressive with tribal and progressive house and that's working for him. Nocturnal is a beatiful venue while Space is a dump. That wharehouse look and ugly vip seating at space never impressed me. It's actually pretty boring at Space, while Nocturnal gives you that classy feeling where you know everythings lushy. Also, I must say that hot chiks love trance, not that fat chic fest that goes on at Space with the house. Ugly broads go to Space man, beleive me, i tour all the clubs. Space is infested with Transexuals that will trick any poor unsuspecting fellow into a nightmare. Why would anyone want to go into that environment? NO DOUBT, NOCTURNAL IS MY CHOICE !!!! ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE NOT YET SEEN THE PLACE, AND WHEN THEY DO, THEY WILL LOVE IT. Edgar V, Stryke, Roland and guest make for a great party. And lately I heard that Eddie G will most probably join the force of Nocturnal, and when that happens every chic in Miami will be flowing there sexy ass bodies to Nocturnal. Beleive me that chics know great music and Eddie G is a pussy magnet. So let's see when MR.PROGRESSIVE COMES INTO PLAY WHAT HAPPENS. EDDIE G ONLY THROWS WICKED VOCALS AND CHICS LOVE THAT. IT WILL BE A HUGE SLOW DOWN FOR SPACE SOON, IT'S A GIVEN !!!! ::) I also heard some future stuff that Nocturnal will do. Space is indeed in trouble, house kid !!! :'(

hey asshole... progressive IS HOUSE!!!!!!!!! IT'S NOT TRANCE...

two totaly different genres trance and progressive are...

idiot..

Guest houseman

UR AN IDIOT

TRANCE ONLY WORKS AT BIG PARTIES LIKE ULTRA, WHERE U GO TO GET POOKIED OUT AND The trance djs take u to exctasy in another place with there cool sound..............GET THE FUCK OVER IT.

im glad u heard of some future stuff nocturnal will do (ur in the Know Buddy).

and im not hating on any djs I used to go hear edger at the old space back in the day and i remember saying dam why when i come to space on friday to hear edger there is a cock fest, and when i go on sat. to hear oscar it was wall to wall pussy.

And stryke is a bit to like i said (mtvpoppy dont feel like im in the undergroundish type of vibe)

thats my opinion no hating these guys have there carrers and thats awsome some body has to play for that guido crowd

Guest web_norah
And stryke is a bit to like i said (mtvpoppy dont feel like im in the undergroundish type of vibe)

translation= Stryke is MTV pop ...?! what!!! that's the craziest shit i've heard so far.

Guest ramon

translation= Stryke is MTV pop ...?! what!!! that's the craziest shit i've heard so far.

lol this guy has completely lost the plot and then some.

Guest web_norah

yeah i think the Stryke "is MTV pop" and Desyn, DT and Tom Stephan's careers tanking "since they dont place at Space" are two of the most stupid and ignorant comments i've heard in 2005.

Guest houseman

is it wrong to feel that way, im sorry, should i just not say it, am i hurting feelings let me know at times i can be insensetive.

but the times i have heard this cat thats what i feel

nothing personal at all i think some of his productions are better that his sets.

Guest musicalmissionary

is it wrong to feel that way, im sorry, should i just not say it, am i hurting feelings let me know at times i can be insensetive.

but the times i have heard this cat thats what i feel

nothing personal at all i think some of his productions are better that his sets.

Are you sure this "Stryke" you speak of is the guy depicted below?

nocturnal_review4_oi.jpg

[quote author=rcrespo

.. cedric just rents it.

How is that different? Explain that to me? Fact is and your old boss LP would tell you this too that if you put a shitty dj in the space party, it would tank.. If you put a great dj at the NOC party it would work. Oscar if you ran space, would you hire Stryke for the main room resident when you were on the road?? Stryke took the past 2 years off from the Miami house scene and it shows... Eddy should not have posted what he did. I'm sure Stryke doesn't need a messageboard bodyguard so don't get your panties in a bunch everytime someone doesn't love him as much as you do..it comes with the territory and after all, you are a Space DJ...act right

Well since you asked Nick...I'll tell you how it's VERY different...

When Space first opened on Saturday nights (and I was there from the first Saturday) NOBODY showed up for a month and a half...The first 3 weeks I didnt even play because there werent enough people to open the room...so basically there were about 10 to 15 people in the lounge and then we would close at 4 or 5 because noone showed up..

Nocturnal is a brand new club...My point is you have to give it time before you can judge its success.Making a comparison like Eddie did is unfair. He said the 2000+ people that go to Space every Saturday choose Cedric over Stryke and that is just plain dumb.

If next weekend you put Cedric on the Nocturnal patio and Stryke in the main room at Space the odds are that Space will still get 2000+ people and Nocturnal will still be in a building process...

As for my getting my panties in a bunch and acting right....

well technically Im not a Space dj anymore (although I love that place and still call it home) and I AM acting right...

Rcrespo's original comment had NOTHING to do with Stryke and Eddy still took a cheap shot at Stryke in his post which was uncalled for...especially from a Space employee...that was my point..

in any case.........

you are still WAY too dense to understand any of this so try not to hurt yourself trying to figure it out guido boy...