Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Stryke vs Cedric poll

V. Barbarino

Keeping all things equal, AT CLUB SPACE, who would you rather see every week?  

1. 1. Keeping all things equal, AT CLUB SPACE, who would you rather see every week?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on the matter at hand..

cedric - gonna be a great dj, gonna take time. Needs to mix it up, needs to get away from playing so much the Euro house sound, def more classics and needs to work on buidling his sets, not just up and down up and down etc..

Stryke - is the djs dj... but that won't translate into crowd apeal. Always goes off the deep end with hard beats, but likes classics.. Has mad talent but lacks a full understanding what moves a crowd here in miami..

og is the best miami dj, but in reality his roots are in NYC...

Guest musicalmissionary

1. Ralph Falcon

2. Stryke

#$*!?. Cedric "the broken record"

what a fucking hater ....

both Stryke & Cedric are great djs in their own DIFFERENT styles...

I guess playing 80% of your set week in and week out with the same tracks as last week can be considered a "style"

:P

Don't get your panties in a wad cuz I'm expressing my opinion... it's JUST my opinion.

1. Ralph Falcon

2. Stryke

I guess playing 80% of your set week in and week out with the same tracks as last week can be considered a "style"

Don't get your panties in a wad cuz I'm expressing my opinion... it's JUST my opinion.

morillo and tiesto play 95% week in and week out, though at different clubs..

Guest musicalmissionary

1. Ralph Falcon

2. Stryke

morillo and tiesto play 95% week in and week out, though at different clubs..

Big difference between playing the same tracks week in and week out at the SAME club and at different clubs in different cities and different countries. I'm gunnu go out on a very short limb here and guess that Cedric's schedule isn't even a fraction of Tiesto's or Morillo's. With that in mind, he should have more than enough time during the week to invest into some research to dig up older tracks that compliment his standard crowd-pleasers.

Keep in mind I loved Cedric the first time I heard him... on Jan. 1st when he opened for Fanciulli. But every set I've heard from him since has sounded exactly the same. ::)

I've heard Stryke a handfull of times over the same period and every set has been unique. Same goes for Ralph.

It's all about what you value. Personally, I value diversity and creativity. But that's just me.

Guest houseman

I remember seing pics of cedric playin in ibiza greece venezuela P.R. Chicago NY Montreal, france, UK, brazil,

he didnt just starte working when he got the gig at space

... and guess that Cedric's schedule isn't even a fraction of Tiesto's or Morillo's.

right ... but regardless of Cedric's schedule he plays great sets week IN and week OUT ... im sorry u have more time to be a hater before you actually go to Space week IN and week OUT to see if his sets are actually the same

btw, Cedric DO go on tour also, he plays Venezuela, Panama, Puerto Rico, Peru, Colombia .. etc etc etc ... in front of thousands of people ..

he also has an orginal productions album coming out so no David, you do not know his schedule ...

get to know your djs before u hate ;)

Guest djqba

This is not a fair poll, these two guys play very differents style of music. To compare them is like comparing apples to oranges..

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

1. Ralph Falcon

2. Stryke

I agree

Guest tres-b

This is not a fair poll, these two guys play very differents style of music. To compare them is like comparing apples to oranges..

The question asks "who would you rather see every week?" and it isnt comparing apples to oranges. In fact the question isnt comparing anything at all.

Had you said "the poll isnt fair because there are more pure house/tribal house fans than techno/progressive fans" you might have have been on to something. 8)

The question asks "who would you rather see every week?" and it isnt comparing apples to oranges. In fact the question isnt comparing anything at all.

Had you said "the poll isnt fair because there are more pure house/tribal house fans than techno/progressive fans" you might have have been on to something. 8)

gotta agree with tres-b the question was a fair one. it is who u rather see.....

both play different styles yes...... though i dont like techno that much (except for minimal) and stryke plays a lot of it i still voted for greg cuz the guy is a wizard on the decks......

Guest eKiTeL

travelling dj is no excuse to be un-original, you get a laptop and spend your time waiting at the gate researching new vinyl or downloading directly from stores and emule.... on the plane you do edits and mash-ups.... no excuse, other professionals have to work and travel at the same time if they want to stay employed and get ahead, dj's should be no different

Guest ramon

travelling dj is no excuse to be un-original, you get a laptop and spend your time waiting at the gate researching new vinyl or downloading directly from stores and emule.... on the plane you do edits and mash-ups.... no excuse, other professionals have to work and travel at the same time if they want to stay employed and get ahead, dj's should be no different

i think the travelling dj would have an advantage due to beina able to shop at different stores , meeting different people .. i know i would be taking advantage of that. :)

Guest web_norah

i think the travelling dj would have an advantage due to beina able to shop at different stores , meeting different people .. i know i would be taking advantage of that. :)

add

getting soon to be released kick ass music from other DJs/ producers.

Messyn is the king of that and Steven Lee. they always get dope stuff!

Guest ramon

add

getting soon to be released kick ass music from other DJs/ producers.

Messyn is the king of that and Steven Lee. they always get dope stuff!

yes exactly. :) thats why i said meeting people :P

messyn is always searching for new music .. the search never stops or is complete.

Guest Josephmama

ok, so whats the point?

does this mean that outside of space & nocturnal if these 2 djs did a party at a neutral place, like a house party for example... would that mean that judging by this poll cedrics party would be just a little more full than strikes??

because that is what im understanding from this post. :P ;D

im undecided, where's that option. I would have to attend one of their neutral house parties to see the real result. :-*

Guest ramon

ok, so whats the point?

does this mean that outside of space & nocturnal if these 2 djs did a party at a neutral place, like a house party for example... would that mean that judging by this poll cedrics party would be just a little more full than strikes??

because that is what im understanding from this post. :P ;D

im undecided, where's that option. I would have to attend one of their neutral house parties to see the real result. :-*

fuck a house .. give me a warehouse with some sound systems and let's see what happens :)

Guest pod

warehouse shmarehouse. Get a little more creative. Abandoned bodega or something. A warehouse reeks of some hollywood crap.

Guest djtroko

I would go w/ Stryke also because of technical skills on the decks... That man can do some dope shit w/ his laptop, 3 decks, pioneer efx, and his sampler machine.

They are definately different in genres and style. I agree that Cedric is a fantastic dj and is getting better. Sometimes he doesnt play what I usually like but he's great and knows how to move the floor pretty well.

Stryke is very varied when he spins long sets... he'll drop in just about a little of every genre in there and although many consider him a techno dj I dont totally agree with that. He an EDM dj who happens to like techno a bit more i guess. Always have enjoyed his sets and def very very different...