Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hardest room to rock as a DJ in Miami

V. Barbarino

Hardest room to play in?  

1. 1. Hardest room to play in?

Guest ROcKiNrOx

I dont think Space is hard! All the crackheads are there no matter what so theres always going to be people...lol :P..same goes to space on the patio...

lol... :-X

Noc. Patio...is my choice

lmao....Its the truth...

but my pick is still Mansion...and my second pick would be Amika and then Noc. ;D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest riotgear

I think Crobar is pretty tough. The echo from the main room has made a lot of DJ's wreck up there.

if you wreck cause of an echo from another room, you shouldnt touch the decks again. i dont even know how you can even hear an echo with monitors in your face.

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

Though Saleen made his point on saying NOC is too new to judge That would have been my first choice, and my second choice would have to be Mansion... I feel like the deejay booth in Amika is great. Ever since I went last year for the opening I always loved its location and I feel like it totally makes the Vibe

Guest KONEIL

Hardest room to rock is Amika...

Affluent crowd who doesn't give a damm about cover charges and bottle prices, they will run for the hills if a dj fucks 2 tracks up, thus why most guest djs clear the place out at 230- 3am.... They are also more musicaly oriented than Mansion.

Space is pretty easy

crobar is a joke

Mansion is a joke

Space patio is not too easy, but not as hard as amika...

Noc patio is not too too hard, but harder than space's patio..

I could not agree with this more! This is pretty exact in my opinion I can not help to laugh about the Amika part only because it is sooo true!

Guest siuol_leahcim

it's hard to say which is the most difficult for a dj. i'd say any club that is full of people that aren't there for the music, because they likely have a closed mindedness when it comes to hearing something new or different.

Guest JMT

Affluent crowd who doesn't give a damm about cover charges and bottle prices, they will run for the hills if a dj fucks 2 tracks up, thus why most guest djs clear the place out at 230- 3am.... They are also more musicaly oriented than Mansion.

you left out how the VIP takes up 75% of the front floor. unless that area is packed and people are standing it doesnt help the vibe.

Guest ramon

...an empty room...

completely agree with you.

space miami main (so little dj's can do it) & the nocturnal patio imo right now (so little dj's have done it)

Guest The_Man

Space Miami Main Room. Just because people are in a room doesn't mean it's easy to play. A lot of jocks can't play that room worth a shit.

Guest PeMaN

I would think that Amika or Mansion are the hardest to play cause the crowd don't care about good music. I hate playing in a loungy place because you know that the people aren't there to dance. If they just go to get wasted and show off their new pair of ferragamos then it's a waste. I guess it's all a double edged sword. It's easy because you can do anything and they wont notice but I would think its hard to find your vibe.

Bro who are you ??Im not a dj but... I hope you are a big Dj or at least somebody that have played in a room bigger than your own...and let me tell you I've been to Amika and Mansion and the crowd really know what they want .. even the crowd of the hip hop parties goes to those clubs and really care about what they like and the way the dj mixes.. not for nothing Stephan Luke, Cue, Pedro, Shawn Rudnick, Gabriel Fain, etc etc Local good djs spin over there. And whats the problem with the classy peolple ? or you just like the stupid drogy 9am patio style ? you says its easy to play beacuse they wont notice ?? who ? your family in your house ?? who are you men ,, and think you are a in "your room" dj and its trying to explain something you dont know... and for the rest of the peolple here who are not djs.... stop saying stupid things that you guys are not sure about .. you have to be back there ,, behind the decks and in front of the crowd to make an opinion.. >:(

Guest PeMaN

From being place to place, Manson everytime that they have a good dj doesnt get packed. They need to get their dj's up to par.

u dont know what u talking about bro !! u soooo ignorant

Guest PeMaN

Space is pretty easy

crobar is a joke

Mansion is a joke

Space patio is not too easy, but not as hard as amika...

Noc patio is not too too hard, but harder than space's patio..

you are a joke body !! ignorant

saleen, this is the dumbest thread ever. and what would you know about rocking any room?

this thread is part of my market research....

and about rocking a room, well my amika party with tsettos was rocking... My og party in lauderdale was rocking... My space party will be rocking... etc... I may not dj, but I know what it takes to rock a room...

Personally i didn't like Amika for the same reason as everyone else BUT you have to look at it from the clubs point of view. The amount of money they generate from that vip section is ridiculous thus the need to keep it where it is. I went on a saturday so it may be different on other nights but the impression i got was that people werent there to dance. They were there to mingle, see and be seen.

Yes nocturnal is hard to rock but id have to say that the space main room would be the hardest. Not only because you are playing to an enormous crowd but the expectation to perform at a certain level is insanely high. Oh yeah and LP is a tyrant so if you bomb there, it will haunt you wherever else you go.

Space Main Room - tuughest

Space Patio - even tougher

Nocturnal Patio - dont know have not been there that much.

Crobar - the crowd there is open to just about anything,they can party like a mofo

Mansion - just play any tracks from 2003 and those tools will love it.

Amika - just plain straight cheese and u are good.

thread closed

Guest durrtylexx

Mansion - just play any tracks from 2003 and those tools will love it.

Amika - just plain straight cheese and u are good.

thread closed

ha ha werd...str8 cheese at amika & mansion..

Guest pod

Space's main room is hard on a technical level. Some newer DJs haven't taken to a system that large yet and get carried away real easy by the power. True of any club with a large sound system.

I would say the toughest place is probably Amika. The crowd may not know their DJs or tracks well, but they know the sound they want, and if you don't have that specific sound, the crowd tends to drift.