Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Things that have jumped the shark in the club world

V. Barbarino

1. DJs who put crap after their name, example:

DJ Jhonny Jingle Nuts (numbnutz, ovum, subusa, loser, Idaho DJ alliance, euphoria project)

I never understood it, so I asked around to big name jocks, and basicaly got told it's only done by no name jocks as a marketing ploy. Does anyone in the public really buy into this and even understand it?

2. DJs that put "dj" in front of thier name.. come on!!! it's not 1993! Granted it's mostly the clubs that do it, but still djs should demand it not be on there.

3. People who think djs are great because they use the "WHOPPER" from War Games to mix tracks.. Who cares? Give morillo and og a cd player and record player and they will crush you! Stop trying to be cool with your toys, go practice the actual art of djing aka Richie Hawtin.

4. People who think Space really has a "Spazon" sound system.

5. Naming your night or party with a drug reference.

6. Classics parties, maybe not so much down here, but they have run their course.

7. Dj birthday parties. So let me get this str8, that asshole up there mixing tracks is getting paid 2 grand for 4 hours and you want me to come out and celebrate his BD and I don't even know him?? Will they pass out more Carvel Cake and have those silly little hats? Even Tsettos does it, and it's ubber ubber lame!

8. The use of the word "uber" to describe anything in the club world.

9. chicks with fake tits running around the club with the old "look at me attitude"... So you got decent enough credit to have your tits done, great, now go get a job and stop trying to mooch off us guys..

10. The building boom has jumped the shark when they built 700k condos next to space and nocturnal! I wonder if anyone realized what happens down there on the weekends. So now soon, your patios will be gone!!! I'd say with in 2 years.. So party hard, because the condo peeps are gonna sue everyone!

11. anything Patron... it's jumped the shark, lets move on.. First it was Bartles and James, and now Patron...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dirtyhouse777

10. The building boom has jumped the shark when they built 700k condos next to space and nocturnal! I wonder if anyone realized what happens down there on the weekends. So now soon, your patios will be gone!!! I'd say with in 2 years.. So party hard, because the condo peeps are gonna sue everyone!

That was my first thought when i heard they're building lux condos down the street.... i don't think most of the owners are too fond of afterhours parties... or places like goldrush for that matter.

Guest Chica

ummm well it looks like you don't....

how does it "look like" I don't have one? Have you met me? Have you seen me out? How do you really know?

The real question is, why do you want to know? ;)

"Looks like" because it looks like you have nothing better to do, a girl can take care of ur free time u use to express your hate/opinions here lol, anyway who cares if you do or don't that's a personal problem and I DON'T want to know...thanks :)

Guest nickjunkie

1. DJs who put crap after their name, example:

DJ Jhonny Jingle Nuts (numbnutz, ovum, subusa, loser, Idaho DJ alliance, euphoria project)

I never understood it, so I asked around to big name jocks, and basicaly got told it's only done by no name jocks as a marketing ploy. Does anyone in the public really buy into this and even understand it?

2. DJs that put "dj" in front of thier name.. come on!!! it's not 1993! Granted it's mostly the clubs that do it, but still djs should demand it not be on there.

3. People who think djs are great because they use the "WHOPPER" from War Games to mix tracks.. Who cares? Give morillo and og a cd player and record player and they will crush you! Stop trying to be cool with your toys, go practice the actual art of djing aka Richie Hawtin.

4. People who think Space really has a "Spazon" sound system.

5. Naming your night or party with a drug reference.

6. Classics parties, maybe not so much down here, but they have run their course.

7. Dj birthday parties. So let me get this str8, that asshole up there mixing tracks is getting paid 2 grand for 4 hours and you want me to come out and celebrate his BD and I don't even know him?? Will they pass out more Carvel Cake and have those silly little hats? Even Tsettos does it, and it's ubber ubber lame!

8. The use of the word "uber" to describe anything in the club world.

9. chicks with fake tits running around the club with the old "look at me attitude"... So you got decent enough credit to have your tits done, great, now go get a job and stop trying to mooch off us guys..

11. anything Patron... it's jumped the shark, lets move on.. First it was Bartles and James, and now Patron...

12. Promoters bumping threads which only contain posts by the promoter and his DJ's.

Guest vaughan

12. Promoters bumping threads which only contain posts by the promoter and his DJ's.

Weird... almost funny having Nick bump Saleen's thread...

Guest Electric Eel

hey Nick,

This thread is pretty contradicting. You are pretty much putting yourself down with your I only go out when they play Classics and putting down a dj that you make money off of when he plays.

Oh and i'm sorry, I didnt watch the news this week, I guess i'm not suppose to drink Patron because its not the cool thing to do, gosh what was I thinking next thing you know there will be a picture of me in People magazine with a patron shot in my hand and a black bar over my eyes so you cant tell its me ::)

Oh yeah and as Chica says, get a girlfriend. :P

Thanks for the entertainment, my satellite is out at the moment ;)

If you check the sonic dynamics of the block where the clubs are, you can't hear much where the condos are gonna be.

That being said, a little bird told me that at least one club has a big plan to keep it's patio around if the condo people get out of hand.

Oh and Saleen, it is spelled WOPR (The only way to win is to not play the game...)

Oh, and hurricanes have jumped the shark.

hey Nick,

This thread is pretty contradicting. You are pretty much putting yourself down with your I only go out when they play Classics and putting down a dj that you make money off of when he plays.

Oh and i'm sorry, I didnt watch the news this week, I guess i'm not suppose to drink Patron because its not the cool thing to do, gosh what was I thinking next thing you know there will be a picture of me in People magazine with a patron shot in my hand and a black bar over my eyes so you cant tell its me ::)

Oh yeah and as Chica says, get a girlfriend. :P

Thanks for the entertainment, my satellite is out at the moment ;)

re read what i wrote, then re post...

If you check the sonic dynamics of the block where the clubs are, you can't hear much where the condos are gonna be.

That being said, a little bird told me that at least one club has a big plan to keep it's patio around if the condo people get out of hand.

Oh and Saleen, it is spelled WOPR (The only way to win is to not play the game...)

Oh, and hurricanes have jumped the shark.

I wonder if Richie Hawtin's toys can learn how to play tic tac tow..

anways, yes those condos can hear the bass, noc already got complaints and space's "glass dome" is urban legend.

In downtown though, don't forget that the condos are dealing with cops and a city government that are very club-friendly. The City of Miami named October 14th "Louis Puig Day", remember...this isn't gonna be Miami Beach where the city capitulated to every Tom, Dick, and Harry with a shitty plan and even shittier construction. Sidebar, did they get their architecture licenses in a Cracker Jack box?

Im nominaring Saleen to review other clubs here or is that too much to do for you? lol

I use to do it all the time, it was great, thats how cj picked up steam... Back then, nick would let my drop the F word and call people out.. I use to bash oh so many clubs and djs... Even newspapers in ibiza picked up my reviews..

Im nominaring Saleen to review other clubs here or is that too much to do for you? lol

I use to do it all the time, it was great, thats how cj picked up steam... Back then, nick would let my drop the F word and call people out.. I use to bash oh so many clubs and djs... Even newspapers in ibiza picked up my reviews..

ahhhhh the good ole days lol ;) :-* :o

Guest Chica

U got fired? ....lol