Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mansion buys Crobar... done deal..

V. Barbarino

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vegasguy25

They need to gut that place. Although I have had good times there, it has become a dump over the years.

I agree, that place isn't very aesthetically pleasing. I hope they hold onto the sound system though, or install a Dynacord. I've had a great time the two times I've been there.

Guest james stratus

I'm not exactly sure where the Opium group is going with all this buying. Sure if they own every mega club on the beach they will get all the money, but what about the differentiation with the music? I've never been really or at all impressed with the Opium properties music choices, save for a few, but does this mean Open Format (Hip Hop!) for all :P But Crobar definitely does need a redesign!

Guest Cosmigonon

but it's gotta lot of things in the middle that make it far more interesting, at least in my eyes, I've always liked that club for that...

Guest xbbdc

the vip/hip hop room definitely needs a redesign.

i like the main room cuz its different from the others. and the 2nd floor looking down with all the vip is also different in a good way i think... but if turbo is saying sunglasses that means a whole new redesign...

Guest Cosmigonon

. but if turbo is saying sunglasses that means a whole new redesign...

he was referring to the person that posted before him.

the vip/hip hop room definitely needs a redesign.

i like the main room cuz its different from the others. and the 2nd floor looking down with all the vip is also different in a good way i think... but if turbo is saying sunglasses that means a whole new redesign...

As far as mega clubs go, Crobar's main room is my favorite in miami. As far as the sunglasses comment ben, it has nothing to do with crobar....LOL. PM me.

Guest coach

I just hope they don't change the name from Crobar to Mansion...

Its going to be called THE CAMEO !!

Seriously? We were just discussing this and said that would be the perfect name. I hope they do some restoration on the outside, too. That is a great old historic building.

Guest saintjohn

I enjoyed some cool shows at the origianl Cameo. As much as I'd like to see the building return to that name, I don't expect it to happen.

Guest vaughan

I enjoyed some cool shows at the origianl Cameo. As much as I'd like to see the building return to that name, I don't expect it to happen.

Man... toooo many to name... I remember a life-changing Dee-Lite show there back in the mid 90's, details alittle hazy... and Disco Inferno was INSANE!!!

And I agree with you 1000% Saintjohn... too big of a brand identity to even change the name... really curious to see what they do

Guest Funketeer

I just hope they don't change the name from Crobar to Mansion...

Its going to be called THE CAMEO !!

I wouldn't mind it being called The Cameo, is not that I'm ging to get fooled into going just out of nostalgia...if they re-do the whole place, it's probably going to be kick-ass, who cares? It's not that The Cameo was any good anyways, the lastreason why I would oppose the venue being called Mansion would be because I personally think the name "Mansion" is cheesy and not very creative...INMHO