Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Slight of Hand Marketing or Just Lies?

Guest JustDade

Guest JustDade

Two "no-shows" in one weekend........

But it really isn't a no-show when you never really booked the DJ, is it? It's a lie!

Friday I got two text messages promising Danny Tenaglia at Local Celebrity but Danny was never booked.

I got two e-mails promoting "Special Guest Dj Pete Tong" at Mansion's Made in Miami but Pete Tong was never booked and not even in the country.

The thing is that both of these parties did better than usual because of these DJ's names being used. That's just wrong. Shame on you, Biz. Shame on you, Mansion. Shame on you, Nocturnal. AND shame on anyone else who participated in this scam.

Dade

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vaughan

You might wanna go look at your Mansion email again... it was a movie showing for the Indy Film "It's all Gone Pete Tong" .. .not Guest DJ Pete Tong

Guest JustDade

"Join us for a screening of "IT'S ALL GONE" Pete Tong. Door open at 8:30 Special Guest Dj PETE TONG"

The above line is copied from the e-mail sent out by Mauro Silva who works for Biz and promotes the party.......I can forward you the full text if you want...It does say that Pete will DJ. If your name was used like that and you had not been booked nor even asked, would you think it was cool?

By the way - the Mansion marquee also said......

MURK GONE

PETE TONG

Not a blatant lie but definately meant to mislead people.

Guest JustDade

I just saw THE email :o

I retract my previous post...

LUCY... You have some SPLAINING to do!!!!

Thanks Vaughn............I just think that when this shit happens it's bad for all of us who are in the Dance Music promotions business. If clubbers cant trust promotions or promoters we all lose.

Guest sobe2004

But it really isn't a no-show when you never really booked the DJ, is it? It's a lie!

Friday I got two text messages promising Danny Tenaglia at Local Celebrity but Danny was never booked.

I got two e-mails promoting "Special Guest Dj Pete Tong" at Mansion's Made in Miami but Pete Tong was never booked and not even in the country.

The thing is that both of these parties did better than usual because of these DJ's names being used. That's just wrong. Shame on you, Biz. Shame on you, Mansion. Shame on you, Nocturnal. AND shame on anyone else who participated in this scam.

Dade

I would have to agree with you . . . Space would never lie to the public . . .

errrrrr . . .

http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1096

Guest JustDade

can't always be perfect in the this buisness... ;)

That's true but there's a huge difference between not being perfect and outright deception.

It's funny....this thread has been viewed 250 times but look how few responses. If we did this at Space or Suite, imagine the outrage.

A couple of weeks ago when we had Ali there, we were very careful to let people know that it was not going to be both Dishes. We think it's important that people get what they pay for....

Guest JustDade

Dade

I would have to agree with you . . . Space would never lie to the public . . .

errrrrr . . .

http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1096

Sorry.....that was before my time....when Biz was still there.

Guest dgrutman

this coming from the guy that put JLO all over a flyer when he was kicking off his saturday satrunela parties. come on buddy be careful

You can't justify bad behavior by pointing out others bad behavior. Each act is independent of the others. The only difference is what your competition does when they catch you. Personally this is how the industry polices it self. Space points it out about Noc and Mansion and Mansion points it out about Space etc...

Consumers win when clubs out each other, if there was colusion, the scene would be in shambles.

Guest JustDade

this coming from the guy that put JLO all over a flyer when he was kicking off his saturday satrunela parties. come on buddy be careful

Yes, Dave......That was me. For the record, JLo was committed to be there that night. In fact, it was her idea to do the party. I received a call two hours before the event informing me that she wasn't making it.

That's true but there's a huge difference between not being perfect and outright deception.

It's funny....this thread has been viewed 250 times but look how few responses. If we did this at Space or Suite, imagine the outrage.

A couple of weeks ago when we had Ali there, we were very careful to let people know that it was not going to be both Dishes. We think it's important that people get what they pay for.

Dade...you are hilarious

If I were you I would wait until I had been at Space for more than 15 minutes before I started publicly standing up for its honest marketing and business tactics...

Its pretty unproffesional for you to come on a public messageboard and slag off other clubs and promoters...especially when you have worked with all of them (and not that long ago)

But..hey...Im not surprised....when the boss says "post something" I guess you have to do it...

Your claims that the parties did better than they would have otherwise are ridiculous (as far as our party goes) We have over 60 promoters promoting Mansion on Sundays...One idiot sent out that email Saturday night by mistake...and followed it with two retractions (which you didnt bother to mention)

Its funny to hear you regurgitate others' propaganda...

Good luck buddy...youve always been held in high regard by myself and most in the local industry...don't go changing now

dissapointed,

OG

Guest dgrutman

Yes, Dave......That was me. For the record, JLo was committed to be there that night. In fact, it was her idea to do the party. I received a call two hours before the event informing me that she wasn't making it.

really thats funny because i knew for two weeks she would not be there since she was booked for a fragrance things months before. dont tell me 2 hours before you got the call when we both know that was not the case. you tried to get around it by putting on the invite produced by instead of hosted by. come on buddy

A couple of weeks ago when we had Ali there, we were very careful to let people know that it was not going to be both Dishes. We think it's important that people get what they pay for.

Dade...you are hilarious

If I were you I would wait until I had been at Space for more than 15 minutes before I started publicly standing up for its honest marketing and business tactics...

Its pretty unproffesional for you to come on a public messageboard and slag off other clubs and promoters...especially when you have worked with all of them (and not that long ago)

But..hey...Im not surprised....when the boss says "post something" I guess you have to do it...

Your claims that the parties did better than they would have otherwise are ridiculous (as far as our party goes) We have over 60 promoters promoting Mansion on Sundays...One idiot sent out that email Saturday night by mistake...and followed it with two retractions (which you didnt bother to mention)

Good luck buddy...youve always been held in high regard by myself and most in the local industry...don't go changing now

dissapointed,

OG

Oscar, just so you know i got the email but not the retractions. FYI.

Guest dahzel

I say let's just wait for the promoters responsible have to say about this and then we can discuss...

+1

having said that though, roland went off the decks at around 6:45 and patrick m took over. i thought that was a little early for roland to be done. i assumed it was to give time to patrick m and then DT. i listen to radio 1 all the time and anyone that does knows that pete tong is a VERY busy man and would not have time to come to a screening of the movie. hopefully it is all a big misunderstanding, maybe we'll find out. DON'T BE HATIN'!!! ;D

Guest vaughan

Did you ever see the Episode of Leave it to Beaver where The Beave.... LOL

Guest JustDade

Dade...you are hilarious

dissapointed,

OG

Oscar....where to start....

First of all, I spoke to Bob over at Nocturnal this morning and he volunteered that their party did much better than usual because of the Danny promotion. I really don't know about yours but I think it's safe to say that some people went there because they thought Pete was going to spin.

I never received a retraction e-mail from Mauro. I spoke to ten people today who all got the first one but not the retraction so....

Lp did not and does not tell me what to post. In fact, when I told him what i posted his response was "wht are you getting involved?". The answer is that i think it sucks.

As far as I am concerned, Biz Martinez is one of the best promoters in this market. Certainly the hardest working. That's why I am so surprised at this.

My post never defended the Space marketing practices nor did it have to do with anything in the past. I can only speak for what is done during my tenure there. Since I have been there i have never even heard anyone suggest doing anything like this.

Finally, why is it unprofessional to call someone out for something just because I have worked with them in the past? When there are anti-Space threads here and other promoters jump on the bandwagon nobody seems to mind.