Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Global Gathering reviews...

V. Barbarino

Guest LiquidX

wtf is up with you dissing rock music? contradicting yourself....

::)

uhh...not contradicting at all...

how did I diss rock music? it was a serious question...who the fuck are they and are they decent? I have no idea of even one song they do. they could be an awesome group with awesome music but since I have yet to hear them, I cant say. the emphasis on the 'who the fuck are they' is just because there seems to be a big buzz about them like they're the new awesome rock band to behold or something. so once again, in no disrespect to rock music (I actually like a lot of rock)...

who the fuck are the killers and are they decent at all?

Are you serious?!?! Well I wont make fun of you or anything. Lets say you dont listen to radio ( which is my case ).. but the fact is that Mr.brightside was one of the WMC05 anthems of last years with the famous Tim White Duke Remix canned by everyone. From Sasha&Digweed to SanderK to Deep Dish to freaking Van Dyk!.. Once you hear their song you'll prolly go. OooHHh! oopS!. Their Video was even nominated for the MTV music Awards among other stuff.

uhh, well, glad you dont make fun of me or anything ::)

like I said I've heard a lot about them and there seems to be this big buzz about them but I havent heard any of their songs that I know of. I dont watch mtv, I dont listen to the radio. maybe if I heard one of their songs, I would recognize it. I could probly mention a ton of musicians that you've never heard of ya know? besides, I'm not the only one, I bet lots of junkies dont know much about them. so maybe I'm not into pop-rock, c'est la vie.

WOW.. you really took it out of contest. I dont know if thats satire humor, or not. I, in no way did I make fun of you, nor did I intended to... or are you just been a funny forum character? ???..

And im serious :-\

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

hey, not bad. are they a british group? the guy sounds like he has a british accent?

According to their myspace page - NORTH LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

United States

Thanks for the info DDG and Aurelia.

Guest dino

Reading through this whole thread it is obvious that some of you do not realize how good you have it in Miami. I just got back to the ATL after a GREAT extended weekend down there.

My friends and I all had a great time at GG. Got in no problem, got banded fast, and then it was off to Deep Dish. Best set of the day imo. Great vibe in the tent, and I loved some of the songs they dropped. The Broke Back Mountain remix and the Eddie Murphy remix were classic. I'm not one to disect the music and everything. I just know for two hours that tent was bumpin and we all had a great time.

We also ended seeing Sanchez. I have never seen him before and was very much impressed. He had the crowd moving. I read that some people loved S+D, but I didn't. I might of left too early, but the first 30 minutes of their set was kind of boring. I am sure in the right setting it would have been great, but for a big festival I found it plain. After 30 minutes of it, we went over to hear Johnny Rameraz. He was solid. After him it was Armin and part of Ferry. Both solid sets.

It was painful to leave knowing all of the parties that were still to come. Everyone down there this week should be thankful that they are in the middle of one of the most fun weeks anywhere in the world. I would give anything to get to go to just a couple of the parties within the next few days.

Guest dre4

sasha and digweed's music is very intricate and hard to like...their set structure is incredible....start off nice adn easy and by the end just slamming....after a set u're like damn that was amazing...very beautiful music...i used to hate them both back in the late 90's now i consider them way above everyone else esp digweed

i agree on hip hop aspect.. i know some of u may think im nuts esp lolahotass but i much rather hear hip hop than rock :P

no freaking way! R U kidding?

Rock crowd is way better..

Hip hop crowd - they wear their "colors" and "diamond ice" and next you know glock's are clickin' and people are on the ground due to the shots ringin' loud.. I enjoy some hip-hop but i sure as hell not going to a hip-hop festival. lol

WTF you talking about? Ive been to concerts and seen wutang clan, cypress hill, snoop dogg, eminem, 50cent.. ect..

Never have i ran into any problems with colors or heard guns clicking. Ive seen a great crowd and good music everytime.

Stop feeding stereotypes asshole.

This is what makes Coachella ( www.coachella.com ) such a better festival than anything ultra has to offer. Every year they bring 100,000 ticket holders for 2 days of the best Hiphop, Electronic, Rock, Reggae, ect..

I see Global Gathering being a really powerful and untouchable event if they decide to add more music Genre's to the event. I for one cant wait for next years Global...

It would be great to dance to good house DJ's.. walk a few hundred feet and bring out my inner child in a rock mosh pit.... then jump to another stage and smoke a blunt to cypress hill or equal value hiphop act.

Im done.. peace!

Guest Cosmigonon

sasha and digweed's music is very intricate and hard to like...their set structure is incredible....start off nice adn easy and by the end just slamming....after a set u're like damn that was amazing...very beautiful music...i used to hate them both back in the late 90's now i consider them way above everyone else esp digweed

The lights was about the only thing I liked about their set.

Guest JMT

i agree on hip hop aspect.. i know some of u may think im nuts esp lolahotass but i much rather hear hip hop than rock :P

Hip hop crowd - they wear their "colors" and "diamond ice" and next you know glock's are clickin' and people are on the ground due to the shots ringin' loud.. I enjoy some hip-hop but i sure as hell not going to a hip-hop festival. lol

WTF you talking about? Ive been to concerts and seen wutang clan, cypress hill, snoop dogg, eminem, 50cent.. ect..

Never have i ran into any problems with colors or heard guns clicking. Ive seen a great crowd and good music everytime.

when someone gets shot at an edm show, then come talk to us. ::)

When have you heard of a shooting at a hiphop show? I been to plenty here in miami and have never heard of anything in the news in the past couple of years. I cant even recall any shootings or gang violence.

wacko!

Ironically and Statistically... there have been more deaths at EDM shows than at hiphop shows due to overdoses. So put a nice smelly sock in it.

Guest JMT

When have you heard of a shooting at a hiphop show? I been to plenty here in miami and have never heard of anything in the news in the past couple of years. I cant even recall any shootings or gang violence.

wacko!

Ironically and Statistically... there have been more deaths at EDM shows than at hiphop shows due to overdoses. So put a nice smelly sock in it.

its been too many to recall! someone got shot at shore club not long ago. a club called ovation up here in pbc has shootings regularly. try actually reading a paper or watching the news sometime.

your whole sense of logic is completely f-ed. according to you, playing russian roulette should be considered completely safe if you tried it once before and lived.

and how can you equate drugs that people CHOSE to ingest to getting shot by another person? you dont seem to be aware of the fact you are a moron.

wacko!

its been too many to recall! someone got shot at shore club not long ago. a club called ovation up here in pbc has shootings regularly. try actually reading a paper or watching the news sometime.

youre whole sense of logic is completely f-ed. according to you, playing russian roulette should be considered completely safe if you tried it once before and lived.

and how can you equate drugs that people CHOSE to ingest to getting shot by another person? you dont seem to be aware of the fact you are a moron.

Hiphop clubs and hiphop LIVE shows are 2 different things...

hiphop clubs is where all the wannabe gangstas go to get "CRUNK" and pick up chicks. Hiphop shows attract actual fans of artist.. fans arent going to disrespect the artist... much less shut down the show and loose all the money they spent on the event admission.

for the artist safety majority of the hiphop LIVE shows ive been to have searched all who enters the gates.

Your a scared little wussie... stay home where your safe.

Guest coach

Seriously? There was a thread here about a shooting new Mansion just in the last week or so.

wacko!

youre whole sense of logic is completely f-ed. according to you, playing russian roulette should be considered completely safe if you tried it once before and lived.

hiphop clubs is where all the wannabe gangstas go to get "CRUNK" and pick up chicks. Hiphop shows attract actual fans of artist.. fans arent going to disrespect the artist... much less shut down the show and loose all the money they spent on the event admission.

for the artist safety majority of the hiphop LIVE shows ive been to have searched all who enters the gates.

Your a scared little wussie... stay home where your safe.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap! jmt just got served!

Guest LeVeL

I totally agree, alot of the things that happen in Hip Hop Clubs give Hip Hop concerts and events a bad name. I have gone to Hip Hop and Reggae events where its been a great atmosphere, everyone was cool, blunts getting passed like cigarettes and no fights were breaking out, no one even needed to be searched to even get into the event.

Just a lot of people go by what they see in TV or go by word of mouth. They think only cause there was a shooting or a fight at a club that it means this will happen at every event.

Its like saying all EDM events are full of drug addicts which as we know is not true.

people have to really stop hating on different genres and just go out and listen to good music.

Guest Marina22

This is what makes Coachella ( www.coachella.com ) such a better festival than anything ultra has to offer. Every year they bring 100,000 ticket holders for 2 days of the best Hiphop, Electronic, Rock, Reggae, ect..

I see Global Gathering being a really powerful and untouchable event if they decide to add more music Genre's to the event. I for one cant wait for next years Global...

It would be great to dance to good house DJ's.. walk a few hundred feet and bring out my inner child in a rock mosh pit.... then jump to another stage and smoke a blunt to cypress hill or equal value hiphop act.

Im done.. peace!

Speaking of the Coachella festival, Ultra's new production director (Ron Doroba) has that festival as well as Woodstock 94', the Tibetan Freedom concerts, Horde and Lolapalooza too. I guess you could say he knows what he's doing hence the change in the overall line-up.