Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saturday will be shine's end of season closing event with Armand Van Helden

Guest djjoncowan

Guest djjoncowan

well, after discussions with my family last night we have decided that we will close the doors of shine on saturday only for the season. I know saleen said this would be the case but the funny thing is that I along with my family we own the shelborne hotel and shine and this was only decided upon last night... maybe he's phychic?? LOL - anyways, with the slow summer season and the renovations we plan to do over the summer to the rooms of the hotel, the restaurant and the pool deck this only made sense.. now come party with us in style saturday with superstar DJ ARMAND VAN HELDEN~

official press release below

SHINE ANNOUNCES ITS END-OF-SEASON FINALE

New club renovation and hotel design promises unparalleled glamour for the Fall

Miami Beach, FL – (April 20, 2006) – Shine at The Shelborne has today announced this weekend as its end-of-season finale, before the club closes its doors for major refurbishment, of both the venue and the hotel with a new launch date scheduled for the Fall.

World-renowned DJ, Armand Van Helden, will spin his usual eclectic mix for the club’s final showdown this Saturday April 22, as part of an exclusive David Barton Gym members party. The club will then close for the start of a major renovation project that is rumored to be introducing a brand new concept to the clubbing world.

Managing Partners Jonathan Cowan and Gerry Kelly introduced Shine to South Beach in November last year, setting the club apart from the plethora of Miami venues. Avid music enthusiasts enjoyed three unique environments: a grand lobby and lounge, a ballroom and poolside retreat that proved to be the ultimate in decadence.

In recent years past, the beach resort has undergone a multi-million dollar facelift, although the exterior remains the same, reminiscent of 1930’s Art-Deco Miami. The Shelborne, however, will continue the redesign of its ultra-trendy interior, to bring guests of the resort a new and improved hotel experience.

Managing partner, Jon Cowan, also one of Miami’s most popular and discerning DJs said:

“We have come to the end of an amazing era for Shine at the Shelborne, and we are excited to have one of the world’s biggest DJs to end our season with. We would like to thank all those involved in making the club such an outstanding success, including our guest DJs and of course our loyal patrons and avid music enthusiasts who have taken the journey with us. We look forward to pioneering Miami’s music scene once again in the Fall, with a new and exciting look for the club.â€

With Kelly’s flare for all things grand and Cowan’s knowledge of music, the power team together made Shine a success. The club brought an open format music style and a roster of A-list DJ’s that traveled miles to spin in front of Miami Beach’s finest crowd. World renowned DJ Jazzy Jeff became the club’s resident DJ on a monthly basis, and additional global music talent that performed at Shine included: Frankie Knuckles, Hector Romero, Satoshi Tomiie, Todd Terry, Junior Sanchez, Mark Farina, and Danny Tenaglia.

Shine is open for its season finale on Saturday from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Shine nightclub is located on 1801 Collins Avenue in Miami Beach, FL. For reservations please call 305.804.5462 and for special or corporate events please call 305.341.1455. To learn more about Shine Nightclub visit www.shinesouthbeach.com

Good Luck in future endeavors...

The real question is, how the fudge did the saleen know?

The answer lies in one simple question.

Is it better to be loved or feared??

You figure out that answer, and it will tell you cjers how I do it..

come on dude, just cause you heard the rumors that many others heard DOESN'T make you so special....

Guest Sela V

Jon...

All my best... lunch next week.. discuss our plans and do this already!!! LOL!

Hmmmmm.... Lust 4 Shine?

Guest Slide On The Ice

Good luck Jon. I've only been to your club for the first time last weekend and I loved the place. I'll be looking forward to your grand reopening.

Guest djjoncowan

thanks for the support guys... hope to see you all this weekend for some shots on me and music by Armand Van Helden.... ;D

Guest Stealth

a whole summer without shine. damn great venue, with good talent. imagine if JZ (james of course) spun for the shine opening party in the fall ;)

Good luck Jon

Guest djjoncowan

How interesting. well good luck with whatever you decide to do with it.

keep in touch ;)

see you tomorrow?? ??? ;D

Guest Devilicious

if you guys DO open again,

make sure u get a NEW: VIP Director & General Mgr. ;)

Miguel is an excellent GM. One of the hardest, most thankless jobs out there might I add. What exactly is your gripe with him?

Can't wait for tonight!!!