Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WARNING, BLACK BEACH WEEK, MIAMI SPRINGFEST THIS WEEKEND!

V. Barbarino

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Civs

nice!! this weekend and memorial. looking foward to ....

staying home with my doors locked.

Guest LeVeL

Hell yeah I cant wait...I am going to the Concert at the Amphitheater it cool to have a festival with the best hip hop artist in the world.

Why does everything think its such a bad thing, so what if someone is rolling on 26" , only because there is going to be a big gathering of Hip Hop Lovers doesn't mean someone is going to get shot.

Support the Festival and the weekend all it is doing is bringing more money into the Miami Economy.

Guest pod

I'm not a big hip-hop person, but I will give you this, hip-hoppers spend money. Now if they just wouldn't open fire. I don't have issues with their money.

Guest pod

not on tips...

Unfortunate, but think "baby steps". They're putting money somewhere into the local economy.

Guest coach

not on tips...

Unfortunate, but think "baby steps". They're putting money somewhere into the local economy.

Kinda. But just like spring breakers (ha! it's a pun!) they often cost more than they bring. Or at least cost more than other groups might. Ask any hotel worker how much they like hip hoppers or spring breakers.

That being said, I do think it is a good idea to find some ways to bring younger people here on vacation. Getting them here young teaches them about this excellent vacation spot for when they are grown and have real money to spend (and don't bust up hotel rooms and clubs).

Guest Civs

gonna be a bad weekend...

you can make it a great one by coming to The District on Saturday ;D

poplife.05.06.06.jpg

Great...Getting a cab will be easy this weekend.

Cabbers hate this weekend so they hang out by West Ave looking for cab riders that do tip and don't try to run out of the cab without paying.

Guest jbit

because there is going to be a big gathering of Hip Hop Lovers doesn't mean someone is going to get shot.

??? It happens constantly. where there's smoke there's fire

Guest bronzie

We're still doing our thing over at beach plaza on sunday as well. If anything, it should be a better day over there as we're gonna bang out some proper beats.... 8)

Guest Devilicious

There are some really racist and ignorant comments in this thread.

I take the neccesary precautions during traditionally black weekends on Miami Beach, and I don't like having to do it, but judging the hiphop crowd in its entirety by the actions of few is despicable.

Guest LeVeL

There are some really racist and ignorant comments in this thread.

I take the neccesary precautions during traditionally black weekends on Miami Beach, and I don't like having to do it, but judging the hiphop crowd in its entirety by the actions of few is despicable.

Thank you...

People really have to stop profiling. I dont understand why the people that like EDM talk about the Hip Hop crowd the way they do.

EDM crowd tends to have a bad rep due to drug use and so do the clubs and events. I remember during conference watching Channel 6 news and them talking about Ultra and instead of mentioning Ultra as a event that held 50 Thousand EDM lovers, it instead mentioned how many people were arrested.

I really feel that EDM lovers are really open minded but trashing Hip Hop is not going to make it any better. You people should instead admire Hip hop for what it has done, Hip Hip has broken walls and boundaries in Music.

And we should look up to it because EDM is still a genre trying to get exposure and recognition in the Music Business.

Guest coach

Good points, Level & Talmage. Particularly given the RAVE Act which was specifically targeting EDM events.

That doesn't change economic realities, though. You can ask anyone in the hospitality business and you will find that both the spring breaker crowds and the hip hopper crowds tend to do a lot more damage and tip way less than other types.

Personally, I think this is an age issue, not a color issue. Kids are kids. They are rowdy and do not yet understand bounderies and many of them have not made significant inroads into the job market. I was rowdy and broke stuff and was broke when I was a kid. Nothing at all wrong with that. However, that still does not make them attractive clientele from an economic standpoint. If you get a bunch of rich old fat guys (like the Boat Show) you certainly make a lot more money with a lot less hassle. But, is it as fun? Definitely not.

In any case, it is only for a few days. I hope they have a great time and keep coming back as tourists for decades as they grow up.

Guest LeVeL

Man when it comes down to parties Hip Hop parties have way better looking girls and more girls too.

In a EDM party you rarely have good looking girls an too many guys dancing and hugging each other.

For example look at some of Pods pics on cooljunkie.

Guest Devilicious

That doesn't change economic realities, though. You can ask anyone in the hospitality business and you will find that both the spring breaker crowds and the hip hopper crowds tend to do a lot more damage and tip way less than other types.

c'mon now... i wish everyone tipped well, and I think it's trashy not to, but it doesn't really affect the economy if they don't. At the end of the day it all evens out. Part of the price you pay for choosing to work in that biz.

c'mon now... i wish everyone tipped well, and I think it's trashy not to, but it doesn't really affect the economy if they don't. At the end of the day it all evens out. Part of the price you pay for choosing to work in that biz.

off topic, but you really need to ditch your avatar.. you look like a guy in it or a dyke..