Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ATTN SALEEN

Guest biznation00

MEt him once .. cool guy !!

Sadly nobody has caught on yet.

Trust me, plenty of people have caught on. Most of us know it's an act. And some of the times it's funny. But other times it's just plain stupid and potentially does more harm than good in the eyes of those board lurkers who don't know that he really is full of shit. Then there's the question of his motives... are they really benign and just "for the fun of it" or is he just a puppet playing out other people's agendas?

I think most people see him as a great antidote to all the backslapping and asskissing that pervades CJ.

Nah, "most people" are definitely the minority around here....

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fez

funny thing is, people hate this dude, but he ends up being right most of the time...coincidence? ???

funny thing is, people hate this dude, but he ends up being right most of the time...coincidence? ???

Its cause deep down people dont want to hear the truth. The "scene" for anyone who does not make their living by it, is a farce. A way to escape reality. The dj's job and in turn the promoter's and club owner's jobs, are to create that environment where we can go to a different world where we dont have to worry about daily responsabilities. Going against the status quo, Saleen kinda shatters that idyllic view people have of the "scene" therefore, people dont like him. Pretty simple really...

I'm not some hippie loser saying "support", support who? Support what? I loved house muisc and the "scene" but when is the last time Oscar or LP came to my work and supported me? I don't mind supporting friends, but lets face it, the last people on this planet that need support is Oscar or LP. Should we show up to the Porsche dealship and support thier purchase of some over hyped 911 when they should have bought the Aston Martin?

The scene is a business, you could catagorize dunkin donuts as the "donut scene", but we don't preach about "supporting" it.

If you people want to feel special about some thing, great, it's your hobby, but don't preach on this board that some people who don't suport are bad for the scene, I may be bad for business but the scene is some Disney dream you are having.

I'm not going to line the pockets of millionaires, in fact every club in Miami is upside down in terms of my support, they supported me over the years and to steal a quote from my boy Mel, It's good to be the king.

Ps all you little losers at Blue who preach about the scene bla bla bla, great, good for you! Have fun "supporting" it's your "scene" but remember one thing, the day Blu can't pay their rent is the day you wake up from your Disney Movie dream and realize it's a business.

Guest pod

Good point.

It's like when people get pissy when I point out that every nightclub from Blue up on to Space is ultimately a business. They don't wanna hear it.

Idealism is one thing, it certainly has it's place when you're thinking about doing a party or booking a DJ, but in the end, the business factor must be accounted for.

Guest Miss_Digital

I'm not some hippie loser saying "support", support who? Support what? I loved house muisc and the "scene" but when is the last time Oscar or LP came to my work and supported me? I don't mind supporting friends, but lets face it, the last people on this planet that need support is Oscar or LP. Should we show up to the Porsche dealship and support thier purchase of some over hyped 911 when they should have bought the Aston Martin?

The scene is a business, you could catagorize dunkin donuts as the "donut scene", but we don't preach about "supporting" it.

If you people want to feel special about some thing, great, it's your hobby, but don't preach on this board that some people who don't suport are bad for the scene, I may be bad for business but the scene is some Disney dream you are having.

I'm not going to line the pockets of millionaires, in fact every club in Miami is upside down in terms of my support, they supported me over the years and to steal a quote from my boy Mel, It's good to be the king.

Ps all you little losers at Blue who preach about the scene bla bla bla, great, good for you! Have fun "supporting" it's your "scene" but remember one thing, the day Blu can't pay their rent is the day you wake up from your Disney Movie dream and realize it's a business.

you should open up your own club :P

that way you can apply every thing learn from your crystal ball

hehehhe

:-*

Its cause deep down people dont want to hear the truth. The "scene" for anyone who does not make their living by it, is a farce. A way to escape reality. The dj's job and in turn the promoter's and club owner's jobs, are to create that environment where we can go to a different world where we dont have to worry about daily responsabilities. Going against the status quo, Saleen kinda shatters that idyllic view people have of the "scene" therefore, people dont like him. Pretty simple really...

what is this "truth" you speak of?

Jackie, you seem to be very much into this issue...but I dont get your angle..actually, I dont even get the issue..

It seems as if you are saying that Saleen says things that others are afraid to say....or people dont want to know, or are hiding

but what? is he really saying anything?

When I read his posts they seem like unfinished thoughts that go nowhere...with hints that he has confidential information that gives him credibility....but in essence they say nothing..

I know you are a smart person...help me understand where you are coming from...

Nick,

I know you outside of this board...so I dont get as frazzled as some when you go nuts on here...I know you do this for fun and I believe you actually keep the board interesting at times..(even if 90% of what you post is strictly BS to start controversy)

Now...when people speak of "supporting the scene" I think you are missing the point..You said you love House music, thats what you need to support...the fact is, as with any art form, if people dont support it...it wil die....We dont have many "house music clubs" left.

Art is art...business is business...but they need each other to survive in this particular case (and many others) Its an old problem..

by the way...you line millionaires' pockets all the time...specifically the NY JETS...lol...stop hating kid! you know better...

Guest Miss_Digital

people been saying its gonna die for years

fact is maybe its not at its most popular point in time

yes clubs open and close all the time

yes its a buisness

but clubs are like roaches "always living never dying" (anyone remeber that track)

people dont go to clubs to listen to ROCK

they go to DANCE

wether it be hiphop or electronice music people wanna dance have a good time and get there drink on

and DJs will naturally always fit into this schema

like i said before

"IF MY MUSIC IS IN THE UNDERGROUND THE UNDERGROUND IS WHERE I WANNA BE"

Guest pod

I've been saying this for awhile, that dance music will survive in the clubs if people would apply a business solution to what is essentially a business problem.

Guest skywalker01

saleen, if nothing else, any thread by you or with your name gets some views. approaching 1000. in typical NY fashion, just like the NY media.

your comparison of the scene to donuts is puzzling and retarded BTW.

Guest pod

"IF MY MUSIC IS IN THE UNDERGROUND THE UNDERGROUND IS WHERE I WANNA BE"

I'll just stream the audio if that's the case. The "underground" tends to want to dispatch a sniper in my general direction. But they can't afford a good one so I'm reasonably safe unless they apply the Golden BB theory.

Again, it is a business, the simple solution to prevent dance music from being relegated to some hole in the wall with a Bose sound system is to apply some business sense to it. I don't have a head for business or promotion so I'm not gonna propose a solution because I don't know the mechanics of it. But nonetheless, I see a lot of things that could be solved by looking at it from a moneymaking perspective.

Personally, I'd rather have like 10 parties with solid DJs, that bring in a decent bar receipt, thereby staying open, than 327423724375 "underground" parties that open and shut within a week.

Besides, I'd dare to say that if you have those 10 solid parties, there'd be enough of a viable market to support these little parties so they don't shut in a week.

Nick,

I know you outside of this board...so I dont get as frazzled as some when you go nuts on here...I know you do this for fun and I believe you actually keep the board interesting at times..(even if 90% of what you post is strictly BS to start controversy)

Now...when people speak of "supporting the scene" I think you are missing the point..You said you love House music, thats what you need to support...the fact is, as with any art form, if people dont support it...it wil die....We dont have many "house music clubs" left.

Art is art...business is business...but they need each other to survive in this particular case (and many others) Its an old problem..

by the way...you line millionaires' pockets all the time...specifically the NY JETS...lol...stop hating kid! you know better...

Good reply, see you are learning the guido mind shred. Tough to reply to that.

what is this "truth" you speak of?

Jackie, you seem to be very much into this issue...but I dont get your angle..actually, I dont even get the issue..

It seems as if you are saying that Saleen says things that others are afraid to say....or people dont want to know, or are hiding

but what? is he really saying anything?

When I read his posts they seem like unfinished thoughts that go nowhere...with hints that he has confidential information that gives him credibility....but in essence they say nothing..

I know you are a smart person...help me understand where you are coming from...

The issue really doesn't have much to do with Nick or what he says. I agree that says a whole lot of nothing and does it to stir the pot, dropping bits of info that he is fed to back him up.

I think that what i have said is clear enough on what my stance is on the "scene". The people on the dancefloor dont want to be concerned with the business aspect of a club. It shatters their concept that their safe haven isn't governed by the same rules controlling the very aspects of their lives they seek to escape.

Also, help me understand how everyone perceives the that the scene is failing? Who comprises of the "scene"? The scenesters that go out, win over the door guy, get in free on the list, get breaks on drinks, etc......how are they supporting the scene? Really is their presence alone sufficient to support the amount of money it costs to to book the DJ, pay the staff, provide the liquor and still make money for the owners? Ok granted they are probably not the majority of patrons in the club but how does that qualify them to speak for the rest?

Aren't the people that govern and control the scene the ones that open their wallets when they walk thru those doors? The ones that order bottles, get drunk and listen to DJ Gofukyaself.

Help me out a little here....

Guest LorenaTech

Also, help me understand how everyone perceives the that the scene is failing? Who comprises of the "scene"? The scenesters that go out, win over the door guy, get in free on the list, get breaks on drinks, etc......how are they supporting the scene? Really is their presence alone sufficient to support the amount of money it costs to to book the DJ, pay the staff, provide the liquor and still make money for the owners? Ok granted they are probably not the majority of patrons in the club but how does that qualify them to speak for the rest?

Aren't the people that govern and control the scene the ones that open their wallets when they walk thru those doors? The ones that order bottles, get drunk and listen to DJ Gofukyaself.

Help me out a little here....

Wow ! You seem to know it all. Why dont you open your own club already? I really have to agree with OG here. I have only been on these boards for about 3 weeks and half the people on here are full of shit starting with this saleen guy. Really, i mean it seems like noone on here is in it because they love the music. Its all about drama, rumors, and so forth. Just my opinion.