Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Parantula ripped off the decks at Space

V. Barbarino

First and foremost everyone takes things to personal when they are talked about or someone talks about something they like, or a dj they like. So lets say I posted the thing on Parantula, not as many people would give me crapt about it. I know most of you don't agree with the majority of the things Nick says about people, but in the end of the day he states his OWN opinion, and in this case somethings that truely did happen. I wasn't at space this saturday, but i did hear about what happened. I'm sorry to hear that about Parantela because i do like those guys.

My point is this, when I wrote a few things about Metropolis last year about how I didn't like it and so on, people bashed me for saying thie things I said. From that moment till about a few weeks later everyone knew me as 'the girl who hates on Metropolis".. Is it such a bad thing I didn't like the club? I dont think so. So bottom line, everyone shouldn't take what Nick says so personal because you bashing him doesnt affect him on a personal level either.

If you were to bash Metropolis over and over I would ask "why?"....If you are going to state an opinion obviously you are trying to warn us about going or just give a view...great!!! thats the reason for this stuff, but most people need to know why. whats ur reason? I didnt and have not bashed Saleen once....first and foremost (as he still hasnt answered the question) I am extremely interested in why time in and time out he is bashing them.

You want an answer, well here it is.

These guys are the leaders of a sect of jocks who play for so little money it forces real djs to stop spining. Real djs won't spin for this little money. Now as the clubber, we are left with djs who clearly are not qualified. Example. At the Pawn Shop, everyone from the jocks to the staff said how they played too hard, but they brought heads in. Now Space tried to bring them in and it tanked but they brought heads in. Djs are not promoters, the club should promote the dj thus keeping the best djs in the best clubs.

By them getting tossed off the decks it was a win for the real djs. Will these guys ever be good? I dunno, but they are rookies with a good following so maybe, but by every club telling me they play too hard, I know from experience you can't fix that, thus they will never be good. Djs who play hard do so because they think they are rocking the club. In reality they are not, there is an dissconnect between the booth and the dance floor, that some jocks can't figure out.

The clubs trying to book jocks based upon how many heads they bring in is dumb, very dumb. Local djs should promote but the club needs to lead the way.

There is no reason why guys like Jimmy T, Rudnick, B Side, Stefan Luke, etc are not playing the patio and Parantula is..

I also think Roque does a great job as an opener and someone on this board, plays great disco house... Lots of good jocks out there, who need a shot who won't bang it out. Space isn't a charity, but there is qualified guys here in Miami who deserve shots and there are guys who are 10000000% qualified but they wont spin for chump change.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest itsalexg

First and foremost everyone takes things to personal when they are talked about or someone talks about something they like, or a dj they like. So lets say I posted the thing on Parantula, not as many people would give me crapt about it. I know most of you don't agree with the majority of the things Nick says about people, but in the end of the day he states his OWN opinion, and in this case somethings that truely did happen. I wasn't at space this saturday, but i did hear about what happened. I'm sorry to hear that about Parantela because i do like those guys.

My point is this, when I wrote a few things about Metropolis last year about how I didn't like it and so on, people bashed me for saying thie things I said. From that moment till about a few weeks later everyone knew me as 'the girl who hates on Metropolis".. Is it such a bad thing I didn't like the club? I dont think so. So bottom line, everyone shouldn't take what Nick says so personal because you bashing him doesnt affect him on a personal level either.

If you were to bash Metropolis over and over I would ask "why?"....If you are going to state an opinion obviously you are trying to warn us about going or just give a view...great!!! thats the reason for this stuff, but most people need to know why. whats ur reason? I didnt and have not bashed Saleen once....first and foremost (as he still hasnt answered the question) I am extremely interested in why time in and time out he is bashing them.

These guys are the leaders of a sect of jocks who play for so little money it forces real djs to stop spining. Real djs won't spin for this little money. Now as the clubber, we are left with djs who clearly are not qualified. Example. At the Pawn Shop, everyone from the jocks to the staff said how they played too hard, but they brought heads in. Now Space tried to bring them in and it tanked but they brought heads in. Djs are not promoters, the club should promote the dj thus keeping the best djs in the best clubs.

By them getting tossed off the decks it was a win for the real djs. Will these guys ever be good? I dunno, but they are rookies with a good following so maybe, but by every club telling me they play too hard, I know from experience you can't fix that, thus they will never be good. Djs who play hard do so because they think they are rocking the club. In reality they are not, there is an dissconnect between the booth and the dance floor, that some jocks can't figure out.

The clubs trying to book jocks based upon how many heads they bring in is dumb, very dumb. Local djs should promote but the club needs to lead the way.

There is no reason why guys like Jimmy T, Rudnick, B Side, Stefan Luke, etc are not playing the patio and Parantula is..

I also think Roque does a great job as an opener and someone on this board, plays great disco house... Lots of good jocks out there, who need a shot who won't bang it out. Space isn't a charity, but there is qualified guys here in Miami who deserve shots and there are guys who are 10000000% qualified but they wont spin for chump change.

To me u make no sense.. They bring alot of people not because they are promoters but because people want to hear them. Very simple concept

To me u make no sense.. They bring alot of people not because they are promoters but because people want to hear them. Very simple concept

If a club holds 1000 people, and 100 of the people came out specifically for them, , then 10% are there for them. Did the other 900 people like them? If they got tossed off the decks, one would think the other 900 people didn't like them, thus your theory is bogus.

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

lol wow Im gone for only a few hours and all of the sudden this topic got more intense....

PS Spinderella... The reason why I use to say things about Metropolis is because time and time again I could not believe what a waste of a club that place ended up being... It was a cool concept and ended up really sucking... Everyone has there own reason as to why they bash someone/something... If he wants to bash someone let him do it everyone arguing right back is just wasting a 10 minutes of typing...

Guest Adam Singer

while i maintain 100% neutrality in all CJ battles/drama/opinions of djs, it is enteratining to watch drama unfold

really tho some of you take things farrrrrrrrrrrrrr too seriously...its just a msgboard

Guest saintjohn

Why lead the way with promotions when you have an unlimited supply of ambitious (and affordable) local DJs who are willing to devote all of their time and resources to building a fan base that fills your club? The DJs do the networking and advertising, and all you have to do is count the money that their friends bring in. The fact that your resident DJs are too busy making you rich to advance their own careers isn't your concern. Or is it?

Guest vaughan

while i maintain 100% neutrality in all CJ battles/drama/opinions of djs, it is enteratining to watch drama unfold

really tho some of you take things farrrrrrrrrrrrrr too seriously...its just a msgboard

Ditto

Guest spinderella7713

If a club holds 1000 people, and 100 of the people came out specifically for them, , then 10% are there for them. Did the other 900 people like them? If they got tossed off the decks, one would think the other 900 people didn't like them, thus your theory is bogus.

Or as you know more then anyone Saleen it's politics....and nothing to do with the music.

Guest Orue

Yes i totally agree with this comment...He does have a point..

Why lead the way with promotions when you have an unlimited supply of ambitious (and affordable) local DJs who are willing to devote all of their time and resources to building a fan base that fills your club? The DJs do the networking and advertising, and all you have to do is count the money that their friends bring in. The fact that your resident DJs are too busy making you rich to advance their own careers isn't your concern. Or is it?

YOu have to balance music with business. In this case, the business end couldn't pull up the music end. When a dj is good enough to play the patio, they usually have a booking agent and they play all over the globe in turn promoting in this case, Space. The lower the price of dj you hire, the worse the music is going to be. Why not pay a few extra hundred for a much better dj, he will bring in less people, but in the long run, you are much much much better off doing this. Short term gain is always a problem for clubs, Space has been open 6 years because they stuck to the notion that their djs are the best. They are willing to make less money but stay profitable by bringing in the best of the best.

Or as you know more then anyone Saleen it's politics....and nothing to do with the music.

LP don't play politics. It's his call and if one of his employees lied to him they would be shit canned the next day. The man does not fuck around, I've done business with him twice already.

Guest vaughan

Soooo.... speaking of dj's that promote...

Did you hear that Fred Everything is gonna be @ Blue next week

(feel the tension releasing from this thread)

Look at the pretty bunnies...

bunnies.gif

Guest Miss_Digital

Ditto

i feel he same way

for entertainment purposed only

Guest vaughan

I wanted to just let you all know I am offended by all of this seriousnessness and have reported this to the moderator. Also, I believe there was another thread about Parantula by Saleen and that's just not right either... only ONE post per subject per person per calendar year per IP address

I wanted to just let you all know I am offended by all of this seriousnessness and have reported this to the moderator. Also, I believe there was another thread about Parantula by Saleen and that's just not right either... only ONE post per subject per person per calendar year per IP address

werdddddddddddddddddd lol

Guest tiltmiami

I agree Parantula did come a long way....

And no matter what happened at Space, no one has the right to come on the board and INSULT them like you are Saleen

(Again Given Italians A Bad Name).... Honestly were u there? Fuck your resources. First of all Andrew and Gino are stand up guys (You should get to know them a little better) cause they are good dj's and Good Friends on top of it all.... It’s not fair for An ASSHOLE like you to bash people who have earned their respect by what they done so far................

Now here is a question to you?

Saleen wtf have you done to the House Scene (Club Scene) In your time, what parties have you done or hosted that were a success like Afterours was at Nocturnal...........

Saleen Everyone says that outside the board you are a great person, so why don’t you try to apply that on the board

Capisce...

Guest Adam Singer

saleen is probably the single most read poster on this forum, and the most replied too...

if anything parantula should pay him for all the free PR

I agree Parantula did come a long way....

And no matter what happened at Space, no one has the right to come on the board and INSULT them like you are Saleen

(Again Given Italians A Bad Name).... Honestly were u there? Fuck your resources. First of all Andrew and Gino are stand up guys (You should get to know them a little better) cause they are good dj's and Good Friends on top of it all.... It’s not fair for An ASSHOLE like you to bash people who have earned their respect by what they done so far................

Now here is a question to you?

Saleen wtf have you done to the House Scene (Club Scene) In your time, what parties have you done or hosted that were a success like Afterours was at Nocturnal...........

Saleen Everyone says that outside the board you are a great person, so why don’t you try to apply that on the board

Capisce...

First off, you are an Italian confused with a Brazilan who does nothing but drugs on daddy's dime. You want to be an Attorney, but trust me, you should consider just asking your dad if you can mooch off him for the rest of your life, because we all have friends like you, never ever wil grow up. At least you can be honest with your dad, rather than pretend you will grow up.. Your new name on this board is now Happy Gilmore...

Secondly, I've done parties before, I brought Oscar G up to Lauderdale and ask anyone, that party was off the hook, even OG said he'd work with us again. I've done bookings at every major club in this country and some out of this country. I've been asked to look over tracklistings for cds, I've been asked to represent a ton of djs down here etc. (I can keep going) I've been asked my opinion on djs, openers, sound systems, websites (ask Nick and Dan), Global Gathering etc. (I can keep going). Did you notice LP used my idea of classics night? Did you notice he moved the booth after I posted it was done all wrong? How about 93.1 clasic dance and freestyle lunch hour? Again, my idea... (I can still keep going) I was asked to tour nocturnal before it was fully built, I pointed out the flaw in the booth, they never fixed it and they are dying now because of it.

Clubs, Djs, beg me to show up, when you get a good saleen review, it's gravy for them. GRAVY I SAY!

As for these guys, I'm sure they are nice boys, this has zero to do with them personaly, what I don't see from ass clowns such as you and the rest of their ilk is any factual proof they didn't get tossed off the decks.

Getting tossed off the decks is the same was when Frank Robinson had to pull his catcher mid inning, then cried over it at the end of the game last week. Same when Billy Martin had to pull Mr October mid inning, it's so rare that when it happens it's legit news, not hate.

I didn't think they were ready to play the patio, my intel is rarely wrong. I saw from the very begining every mistake they were making. Diaga was making those very same mistakes but I think he finally got some wise advice and stopped whoring himself out.

ps. Any dj can im me and ask for my advice, I see the dj world much much much different than the avg industry person. I can teach any dj how to sell and market themsevles better, what I can't teach is how to be a great dj... You either have it, or you don't... There is a reason why I choose og to go my party in lauderdale. I probably could have packed it without him, but god damm he ripped it. Even broke out "work it" when some whore took off her clothes in front of the booth.

Guest addictedtospace

saleen is probably the single most read poster on this forum, and the most replied too...

if anything parantula should pay him for all the free PR

True but Saleen better watch out, I think ERIC is going to be his competition.