Reports from Space say PVD tanked hard!

V. Barbarino

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stealth

I was in the area about 3 or 4, and I saw lots of people going into Nocturnal, and a lot less going into Space, even though you could hear the music from the patio. Maybe it's because the price for PVD is a bit extreme for some.

Guest redman

I actually got to space @ 11:45 to find the main room almost full.. Then PVD hit the patio and the room was pretty crowded if you ask me.. He rocked the patio nasty.. Banging major hard stuff.......And space moving the booth was the worst thing they could ever come up with...The TV in the patio are sick.. IF you ask me the Patio is going to be the new thing regardless of the time.. I guess they tried to make it less crowded then in the past were people couldnt walk.. But this is the best PvD experience I ever had @space.

Guest LeVeL

I really think that Space has to stop putting events that have to do with Trance on Fridays because overall Space is known to be a Club that operates on Saturdays. I really believe that a portion of the reason is because of that.

Also Trance is an unheard off genre is South Florida and when you have nothing but clubs playing House around these parts it really makes it hard to get people to go out to a Trance event and pay $40 to $50 dollars for a DJ. Going out to a Trance event now in days has gotten really expensive especially when all the Trance Dj's that come out here are either Tiesto or PVD.

If Space or any club in South Florida wants to have a guests Trance DJ play their club atleast have some kind of following for the genre instead of sticking House music down our throats. What needs to be done is there needs to be a Trance Night and have a resident that plays trance and every now in then get a guests to play but doesn't have to be in the magnitude of PVD or Tiesto.

I saw this happening sooner or later, Space expects to pack their club on Fridays for Trance. They charge $40 to $50 for pre-sale tix and better yet they let 18 and over in on fridays for Trance Night. What do you expect, your asking for failure sooner or later.

In my opinion if they are going to book a trance Dj book him on Saturday Nights when you know your club is going to be pact anyways.

Guest bootstah

PVD is a legend in his own right. Trance is just not what Miami loves to hear. So for a trance dj to play at Space on a Friday night with a crowd that is 18+ is just not what the "scenesters" are looking for. Why would clubbers, who want to hear house music go to Space for trance when they have a wicked party right next door.

Guest mp3some

I really think that Space has to stop putting events that have to do with Trance on Fridays because overall Space is known to be a Club that operates on Saturdays. I really believe that a portion of the reason is because of that.

Also Trance is an unheard off genre is South Florida and when you have nothing but clubs playing House around these parts it really makes it hard to get people to go out to a Trance event and pay $40 to $50 dollars for a DJ. Going out to a Trance event now in days has gotten really expensive especially when all the Trance Dj's that come out here are either Tiesto or PVD.

If Space or any club in South Florida wants to have a guests Trance DJ play their club atleast have some kind of following for the genre instead of sticking House music down our throats. What needs to be done is there needs to be a Trance Night and have a resident that plays trance and every now in then get a guests to play but doesn't have to be in the magnitude of PVD or Tiesto.

I saw this happening sooner or later' date=' Space expects to pack their club on Fridays for Trance. They charge $40 to $50 for pre-sale tix and better yet they let 18 and over in on fridays for Trance Night. What do you expect, your asking for failure sooner or later.

In my opinion if they are going to book a trance Dj book him on Saturday Nights when you know your club is going to be pact anyways.

[/quote']

:-X

Grammar/spelling check please!

looks like someone miserably failed english101...

Guest LeVeL

:-X

Grammar/spelling check please!

looks like someone miserably failed english101...

Dude I give 3 fucks about spelling...this is a messageboard get that through your head.

As far as PVD"s performance on this night I must say that the people that I have spoken too, have said nothing but praises about his performance.

Which is expected from PVD..the guy is just a wicked DJ overall.

Guest pod

I'm not a big trance guy, but Paul did well overall.

My theory on Friday night trance is that the club doesn't want to alienate their Saturday mainstay house crowd. Just my theory.

Guest pod

Some people aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about. People in other cities would die to have people like PvD and Roger playing.

Guest ilovedjology

I hear Space is bringing Armand Van Buuren, Markus Schulz, George Acosta,Edgar V, Seasunz, and Gerry Cueto... Arent all these guys all major trance heads????

And space moving the booth was the worst thing they could ever come up with...

Why is it that the Trance crowd is upset by the new main room set up?

Guest bootstah

Some people aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about. People in other cities would die to have people like PvD and Roger playing.

my thoughts exactly!

Guest pod

I hear Space is bringing Armand Van Buuren, Markus Schulz, George Acosta,Edgar V, Seasunz, and Gerry Cueto... Arent all these guys all major trance heads????

They're all playing on Sunday July 2nd.

Guest ilovedjology

And space moving the booth was the worst thing they could ever come up with...

Why is it that the Trance crowd is upset by the new main room set up?

Me being a house head @ Space, when I saw the renovation I personally didnt like it. But I can say now its a bit more organized, atleast you can find the bathrooms without have to walk atleast 3 circles before you get there.

Guest LeVeL

funny how people complain about the quality of dj's that play in Miami. ::)

But who's complaining about the Dj's that play Miami in this thread?

As far as the tranceheads not liking the set up of the main-room. Supposively since the Main-room is more square now and the positioning of the booth, makes it harder for people to see the DJ from the corner of the main-room.In my opinion I am not one to be staring at the DJ all night but thats where I see a lot of the complains coming from.

Guest ilovedjology

funny how people complain about the quality of dj's that play in Miami. ::)

But who's complaining about the Dj's that play Miami in this thread?

As far as the tranceheads not liking the set up of the main-room. Supposively since the Main-room is more square now and the positioning of the booth' date=' makes it harder for people to see the DJ from the corner of the main-room.In my opinion I am not one to be staring at the DJ all night but thats where I see a lot of the complains coming from.

[/quote']

Well its nice from time to time too see who is playing....

Guest swirlundergrounder

No matter how good a town has it, people bitch anyways. Miami gets really good DJs here all the time...

About 1/5th of the DJs who play here don't ever play in like 99% of the other cities in the US..

For example Danny Tenaglia has never played in Seattle. But Sasha, Digweed, Carl Cox, PVD, Oakey, Morillo, Roger Sanchez, Laurent Garnier.. you name it has played there. The one time he was booked in Seattle for a show, 9/11 happened the week b4 and DT was to freaked out to fly there so the show got cancelled...

And there is a plethra of DJs who play here during WMC...

Guest ramon

No matter how good a town has it' date=' people bitch anyways. Miami gets really good DJs here all the time...

About 1/5th of the DJs who play here don't ever play in like 99% of the other cities in the US..

For example Danny Tenaglia has never played in Seattle. But Sasha, Digweed, Carl Cox, PVD, Oakey, Morillo, Roger Sanchez, Laurent Garnier.. you name it has played there. The one time he was booked in Seattle for a show, 9/11 happened the week b4 and DT was to freaked out to fly there so the show got cancelled...

And there is a plethra of DJs who play here during WMC...

[/quote']

add Hawtin and Dear to people who play Seattle on a regular basis. ;)

Guest redman

I think some of these comment here are stupid.. Eventhough trance isnt miami top genre, its not like we get trance ever weekend. And $40 is really cheap for PvD. During WMC it was $60.. And if you as me the turnout when it came to people was really good.. If you ask the people that were there during the patio session when it began it was pretty full that 10-15 more people would have really started to make the place crowded. And sometimes they can only book dj on Friday..Look at PvD schedule he is all over the world almost everyday of the week. Roger and Armin is no different. So if we can get them any day of the weekend I think thats great!!!! How many places can do that?? Not many

And if You ask me when they open on Friday how can they say theres going to be failure sooner or later when it was almost crowded and there are making more money on 2 days from being open vs one..

I think space brings a variety of genres when it comes to EDM..And people still have something negative to say. Whether its Roger, Armin Van Buuren, Desyn M, Or even one of miami fav Oscar G.. We just a bunch of whinners!!!

Guest redman

40 bucks is cheap when the drinks are affordable... 40 bucks plus 4 -5 drinks...your over 100 :-[

No one ever said parting is cheap.. And how do you think clubs are going to make money.. When the main act cost thousands of dollars to book. I feel you on that I wasted $50 on enterance which include Rogers enterance for the next day and $100 on drinks...

Guest jbit

No one ever said parting is cheap..

No one ever said that you have to have a $100,000 salary either.

it helps, but if you dont, you deal with it and party within your means