Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Reports from Space say PVD tanked hard!

V. Barbarino

Guest redman

No one ever said parting is cheap..

No one ever said that you have to have a $100,000 salary either.

I feel you completely. I have a regular day job like most people. But sometimes it gtes pretty ridiculous on how easy you spend money in clubs.. And thats that I have many hook-ups when it comes to drinks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

40 bucks is cheap when the drinks are affordable... 40 bucks plus 4 -5 drinks...your over 100 :-[

No one ever said parting is cheap.. And how do you think clubs are going to make money.. When the main act cost thousands of dollars to book.

See the first post on this thread. I think that was the point:

The reason I post this, is because it should signal two things.

2. DJs have to lower their fees.

Guest swirlundergrounder

No one ever said parting is cheap..

No one ever said that you have to have a $100,000 salary either.

I feel you completely. I have a regular day job like most people. But sometimes it gtes pretty ridiculous on how easy you spend money in clubs.. And thats that I have many hook-ups when it comes to drinks.

You see this is where being Asian is very advantageous. Genetically Asians are alergic to alcohol so we are natural light weights..

I usually spend cover charge and buy like 2 drinks plus a beer at the most. For some reason people always end up buying me drinks also.. ;D ;D

Guest Mattivi

the only "trance" dj that can pack space consistently excluding wmc, with no tank factor whatsoever is tiesto. ive been clubbing space since 2001 and save maybe morillo, nobody can fill space like tiesto, trance dj, house dj, whatever. but that wont happen anymore because;

A)armin plays there now, and tiesto dislikes armin and

B) tiesto cant really setup his lame "in concert" platform there either. more congruent in a theatre type club, hence his move to mansion.

pod makes a good point about not wanting to alienate their saturday regulars who comprise a strong % of the crowd. someone on TA made a good point about teaming up a lesser known( but notable) trance dj with one of the residents every once and awhile. that way you can bring out a varied crowd and everybody walks out happy and space doesnt put all of its eggs in one basket. because imho if its not wmc, the only trance dj who will PACK out space is tiesto. pvd, ferry, armin bring decent crowds, but obvsioulsy not enough for LP to put them up on saturday nite. a few years back, yeh, but not now.

Guest swirlundergrounder

the only "trance" dj that can pack space consistently excluding wmc, with no tank factor whatsoever is tiesto. ive been clubbing space since 2001 and save maybe morillo, nobody can fill space like tiesto, trance dj, house dj, whatever. but that wont happen anymore because;

A)armin plays there now, and tiesto dislikes armin and

B) tiesto cant really setup his lame "in concert" platform there either. more congruent in a theatre type club, hence his move to mansion.

pod makes a good point about not wanting to alienate their saturday regulars who comprise a strong % of the crowd. someone on TA made a good point about teaming up a lesser known( but notable) trance dj with one of the residents every once and awhile. that way you can bring out a varied crowd and everybody walks out happy and space doesnt put all of its eggs in one basket. because imho if its not wmc, the only trance dj who will PACK out space is tiesto. pvd, ferry, armin bring decent crowds, but obvsioulsy not enough for LP to put them up on saturday nite. a few years back, yeh, but not now.

Personally for me it's the big crowds that the likes of say Tiesto and PVD that turn me off from going to Space when they are there. But that's just my preference becasue I'm older now. Hell yeahi'd be way down if I were 21, 22 years old.. But now that I'm older I like to have a little bit more space and not having to wait in long ass lines anymore so I stray away from the 'uber-big' shows..

I like going there when there's room to move around and enjoy the music and especially the people and not get into a bad mood even b4 I walk though the front door..

Guest redman

Roger on saturday really packed space IMO. Morillo sometimes really draws a huuuugggee crowd. I gues when p.diddy is there :P

Guest Mattivi

i agree bro. i was just angling towards the fact that there is almost no trance djs that can bring a good crowd turnout on a satruday nite at space, unless its wmc. thats mainly why they are relagated to friday nite status.

Guest Belgian Kat

Some people aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about. People in other cities would die to have people like PvD and Roger playing.

Couldn't have said it better! I travel quite a bit for work, go to a lot of clubs that are supposedly "the hottest club" in the city and the music is awful. When I return to Miami, I really appreciate the DJs we get here. Surely, I was dissapointed with PVD being on the Patio etc etc, but his music was excellent, better than I have heard him on many occasions and he was a lot friendlier. Whomever said it wasn't packed, I don't know where you were standing. I was on the speakers mostly all night and I was very happy to not be in that crowd, there was no room whatsoever on the floor.... All in all I had a great time as I always do when I go to Space. It's what you make of it!

Guest Inán

I really think that Space has to stop putting events that have to do with Trance on Fridays because overall Space is known to be a Club that operates on Saturdays. I really believe that a portion of the reason is because of that.

I remember when Space regularly had big DJs on Friday nights. I actually used to like it that way because then I wouldn't be sleeping all of Sunday and then have to go straight back to work the next day. In fact I think most of the times I went to see PVD it was on a Friday

My guess about the night doing poorly is the price of the entrance... that, combined with the price of gas, the price of parking in downtown, and drinks on top, is going to be pretty steep for a lot of people. Not to mention, there are people who got quite used to getting the free admission password to see PVD and other big DJs time and time again, who are going to be even more hesitant to fork over the $50 now...

Guest LeVeL

But anyways this is another overblown thread by the Saleen to make the rest of us argue over non-sense.

Guest musicalmissionary

But anyways this is another overblown thread by the Saleen to make the rest of us argue over non-sense.

i love how he posts like 1-2 times and still gets 93023 pages...LMFAO

Messageboard rubber-necking... Saleen is the internet equivalent of a 5-car pileup.

Guest shrek_inc

I only think I know is that the event was advretice as an 18 and over event and they were not leting them in I saw some kids trying to sell their tickets outside also that PVD hatted the main room, for what they were expecting in space stardards the nite was not good

>:(

Guest LiquidX

I just laugh at some of the posts.

First of, past PvD gigs have been selling pre-sales for $20, and this was just last year, then a rare increase to $25, didnt really bother me. The last PvD gig was $30 ( I think ) this was before conference, and I was raising and eye brow already. Now WMC prices surprised and had everyone bitching, this raise in price in turn, had space with much lesser queves and nothing close to what it was last year.

Now going to the $40 tix. I was really upset and surprise at the price of this event. PvD not been that good in past gigs had many, I mean MANY people really thinking about going or not. At the end I ended up going, it was about time to go out.

The club was not as packed compared to other times, but you guys must take into a factor the pricing. AS for Paul van Dyk's performance, I could say that this has been one of the best sets Ive heard PvD spin @ Space, I dont know if it was the terrace or the booth @ the terrace, but nothing like in the main room.

From what I heard, none of the DJ's played downstairs because of the booth not been ready with the set up and all, therefore it was moved upstairs. I dont know whats with the House vs. Trance, but for any DJ, pre-sales tickets going on the 40's and announcing door tix to be on the $60's gives many doubts on wheater its worth it or not.

I dont think it has nothing to do with been a friday night or saturday night or trance or house.. it had to do with pricing.

Guest james stratus

I can't believe I'm reading people bitching that Space was open on a friday night and that having PVD play at all in this town was just a stupid idea.... WHAT!!!! :o

It was a special event! It just happened that he was available on Friday. That is not so bad. I remember going to Shadow Lounge back in the day to see PVD and Dave Ralph on a Tuesday! And so what if Space was open on a Friday? It may not be a totally bad idea to try and start up a regular friday with an alternate mix EDM. :-\ There is definitly room for it now.

I hear Space is bringing Armand Van Buuren, Markus Schulz, George Acosta,Edgar V, Seasunz, and Gerry Cueto... Arent all these guys all major trance heads????

They're all playing on Sunday July 2nd.

nice.. a big "finger" to my employer for makin us work monday ughhhhhhhhhhhh

Guest xmuzik

considering its been almost 10 years since there was a major shift in electronic music , i'd say it was time for a change

Guest coach

I can't believe I'm reading people bitching that Space was open on a friday night and that having PVD play at all in this town was just a stupid idea.... WHAT!!!! :o

It was a special event! It just happened that he was available on Friday. That is not so bad. I remember going to Shadow Lounge back in the day to see PVD and Dave Ralph on a Tuesday! And so what if Space was open on a Friday? It may not be a totally bad idea to try and start up a regular friday with an alternate mix EDM. :-\ There is definitly room for it now.

Yeah, since Space is basically the last of the "big" EDM clubs in Miami, seems like it is not a bad thing for them to be open more than once a week.

Guest Ariel

People will always bitch about something ::) lol

But it's like this...Why book PVD or another Trance DJ on Saturday, when on Friday, Sunday, or any other day of the week they can make money? Saturday is still going to make Money regardless with Specials Guests or just our Residents. LP knows what he's doing.

Guest bootstah

LP knows what he's doing.

yea that's pretty obvious ;D

Guest greed-is-good

Paul was off the hook!! My girl and I had the time of our lives we loveSpace and the new patio was perfect for PVD... Roger was insane and rocked that place to its foundation. That Dj after Roger who was that? He did pretty good i think...

Guest redman

People will always bitch about something ::) lol

But it's like this...Why book PVD or another Trance DJ on Saturday, when on Friday, Sunday, or any other day of the week they can make money? Saturday is still going to make Money regardless with Specials Guests or just our Residents. LP knows what he's doing.

If you as me they should try to bring big acts on Friday as well as saturday.. Like last week...Talk about the amount of revenue..But its not easy!!!! Booking them!! Or is it?

Guest LeVeL

025.jpg

020.jpg

Look at those pics of the patio, it defintely doesn't look empty. They should allow more Trance Guys to play that patio even through sunset, there is so much trance that will go with the sunrise. House in my opinion is not the only genre that can be played in an outside setting. Trance can be played out there too but it doesn't mean that its going to be automatically pounding trance there is a lot of trance that can go with that Patio if the Dj has the correct songs to play like Agnelli and Nelson's - El Nino or PVD's - Animacion or tell me Why.