Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Long term damage from using mdma/ecstacy?

Do you know of any? I've been thinking about this for a very long time. Lately, I've been wondering if using this substance will cause any factual damages. I'm sure we've all heard of the damage it may cause to the tissue and nerves in our brain, but what else is a possibility? Anyone with some knowledge on this issue?

------------------

"I try to make everyone's life a little more ~surreal~copy.jpg ." - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

My short term memory is....what was I gonna say....oh yeah...E has killed my short term memory big time.

------------------

Do You??

AIM: GaHuB 69

This information is not intended to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drug(s) you are taking, check with your health care professional. This information is provided as a guide only. cwm2.gif

You think we'll be in big trouble when we're elderly? The thought is kind of scary. How about for us females out there: you think this would affect our reproductive system and such?

------------------

"I try to make everyone's life a little more ~surreal~copy.jpg ." - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Originally posted by dale77:

Depression is another one. I've also become alot dumber since I started doing E. I can't think as clearly as I used to and my memory is definitely fucked up.

I'm the same way, I even have a hard time studying now too!!!!

In the beginning I thought it was just me being forgetful, but now its really obvious that its all the E cause I was never like this before.

------------------

Clubchick20@hotmail.com

Aim: Romina321

i wonder about that a lot too... about the reproductive system- all ive ever heard about after effects was: depression, loss of memory and serotonin in ur brain, something about eatin away at ur spine <idk about that> but ive never heard anything about effecting having children.. i pray to god that doesnt happen.. the second i hear about something like that- im done.

------------------

"cLuBBeRs DoNt FaLL...ThEy tRiP aNd RoLL"

i think we'll all be ok when we get older. i know right now my memory has gone to shit, but hopefully once i stop doing this stuff for a while, my brain will work a little bit better.

but the way i look at it, alot of people in the 60's, like alot of our parents,(i dont know for sure if my parents did, but im just using our parents as an example) did acid and all kinds of drugs back then, and today they are ok. they did it back then, stopped, and went on to lead healthy, full lives.

alot of people do drugs at this point in their life, but as long as they dont have a serious problem, and they settle down with it as they get older, then i think everything will be fine. of course some brain cells have been killed, and we'll never see them again, but as long as the drug is taken in moderation and not for an extended period of time, it'll all turn out fine.

I agree. I don't really worry about the long term effects. I know I'm not going to do this stuff forever and eventually I'll be okay.

When I used to smoke pot all of the time, I was SO forgetful but when I stopped my brain functioned ALOT better. Hopefully the same will happen when I'm not done w/ E.

------------------

You're only young once

sa1300.jpg

Originally posted by linabina:

i wonder about that a lot too... about the reproductive system- all ive ever heard about after effects was: depression, loss of memory and serotonin in ur brain, something about eatin away at ur spine <idk about that> but ive never heard anything about effecting having children.. i pray to god that doesnt happen.. the second i hear about something like that- im done.

Where did you hear about the eating away at your spine thing????

Because lately for the past few months my back's really been bothering me, I mean not really painful, but sometimes when I sit on a chair or driving it'll bother me and hurt a little.

Does anyone know if this is actually true or not???

thanks

romy20

cwm35.gif

------------------

Clubchick20@hotmail.com

Originally posted by romy20:

I'm the same way, I even have a hard time studying now too!!!!

In the beginning I thought it was just me being forgetful, but now its really obvious that its all the E cause I was never like this before.

How excessive was your use of the substance (ie, how many times a day/week/month/year)?All these answers are so interesting, thanks guys...

------------------

I agree with xtcgspot...look at the 60's generation...same shit goin down now....different substances...and no doubt it will happen again when our kids will have kids...new generation comes new drugs...new dangers.

Keep in mind X just blew up now (media wise) but has been around quite a while now.

The eroding spine theory Romy mentioned sounds like the age old "when you do acid, your brain fluid leaks in your spine" folk lure.

Kind of like...if you eat pop-rocks and drink soda...your stomach will blow up.

------------------

Do You??

This information is not intended to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drug(s) you are taking, check with your health care professional. This information is provided as a guide only. cwm2.gif

lol...rolling to jefferson airplane...the hippies never used MDMA...you are thinking of MDA or MDEA (think it was MDEA)...

------------------

Do You??

What's MDA and MDEA; also what kind of effects do they have? Aren't these passed off as "ecstacy" pills sometimes? cwm9.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by ~surreal~ (edited 06-21-2001).]

Originally posted by ~surreal~:

What's MDA and MDEA; also what kind of effects do they have? Aren't these passed off as "ecstacy" pills sometimes? cwm9.gif

go to www.dancesafe.org

IMO, id rather not think about the consequenses now, and just enjoy myself while im still young

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gifmonkey.gif

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

sig.jpg

Originally posted by ~surreal~:

How excessive was your use of the substance (ie, how many times a day/week/month/year)?All these answers are so interesting, thanks guys...

Well, ummmm for like the past 5 months I've been doin like 2 or 3 pills every sat nite, and before that i would do it like 3 pills twice a month.

i know i know i gotta slow down lol

------------------

Clubchick20@hotmail.com

Wasn't an MDMA like substance the drug of choice in the 60's? I think it was called (as it is called today) the "love drug". I had no idea! I thought those hippies were tripping from some other substance. I tell ya I couldn't and wouldn't want to imagine rolling to Jefferson Airplane.

------------------

I can tell that my short term memory it totally fucked. My long term is getting better and i have a hard time studying and concentrating. If i had the chance i would only change one thing: I wouldnt do so much so often i would space it out and take better care of my body at the same time. E wont effect you (i think) until you reach a certain limit\usage (which im sure varies for us all) so be carefull and remember MODERATION IS GOOD ! smile.gif

Originally posted by nitro449:

Ther flash backs are some of the worst I've ever expierenced.

Flash backs? What are those like? Are you sure it was mdma that cause it? Ecstacy is cut w/ so much sh!te that you never know what's going into your body, even when you test it...how sad.

------------------

YOU KNOW THE FUNNY THING IS BESIDES THE FACT THAT I FORGET THINGS WHEN I HAD SUCH A GOOD FRICKING MEMORY..........I FOUND MYSELF STUTTERING MY WORDS A LITTLE BIT.......AND THAT IS NOT GOOD WHEN YOU WORK IN THE CITY AND HAVE LUNCH WITH CLIENTS LOL.....AND ALSO YOU GET TEH OCCASSIONAL TWITCH EITHER IN YOUR SLEEP OR I FIND IT HAPPENS TO ME WHEN I AM AT WORK TYPING OR WHATEVER LOL.............OTHER THAN THAT I AM FINE LOL.......HONESTLY I HAVEN'T MESSED WITH IT FOR 5 WEEKS .....AND THAT'S AWHILE FOR ME BEING THAT I DID IT EVERY WEEKEND.......HAVE FUN AND BE CAREFUL...........

MELANIE

------------------

TAKE ME TO A PLACE WHERE THE FLOWERS GROW.....I'LL BE BACK IN AN HOUR OR SO.......ECSTACY IS gOD!