Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Water or no water???

Ok, I hear different things all the time about how much water you should drink while rolling, or how much not to drink.

I mean, I know u gotta drink something rite??

Also a few years ago, the first time i rolled, i was feeling nauseous, and i met this girl there who was a nurse and she said that when u feel like puking, dont drink anything caseu it'll make it worse, ummmm, was this true? i kinda assumed it was since she was a nurse, but then again little miss nurse was fucked up too lol

------------------

Clubchick20@hotmail.com

Aim: Romina321

you need some water, but too much is bad for you

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gifmonkey.gif

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

sig.jpg

Romy20, maybe you were feeling naseous b/c it was your first time and you weren't used to it? Sometimes it can be purely psychological (ie: you're nervous your first time, dont know what to expect, etc) I doubt it has very much to do with how much water you're drinking...as for what the nurse said, I honestly don't know but doubt that water could be bad for you, either way. And you DEF. need to drink...I average about 3 botles a night.

------------------

Dolik.jpg

------------------

SOUND FACTORY FRIDAYS: 'CLOUD NINE' GUEST LIST

Email dolik@yahoo.com to be put on the list

dont count the bottles, but keep urself hydrated...i mean i always have a bottle of water wit me when i am rolling and take sips every 10 min...dont drink like 10 bottles a nite, but like dolik said, 3-5 is nice

------------------

E...there is no other alternative

Water is not the best thing to drink when rolling. Try Gatorade. When you drink tap/bottled water there is no electrolytes in it for your body to absorb it, so you will be dehydrated and feel like shit the next day cause the water goes right through you, and you piss it right out.

Drink Gatorade and youll see how much better youll feel.

tommy

gatorade is always good.

just keep in mind to keep yourself hydrated and I always drink alot the next day too.

but if you drink too much, you'll get sick also. moderation! cwm15.gif

------------------

EXIT fridays!-->*eSCAPE* Guestlist!!!

Have you experienced the e-SCAPE? ::wink wink::

Originally posted by airatomic:

gatorade tastes sweet tho

thats bad?

------------------

transcend

sig.jpg

Originally posted by trancend:

thats bad?

YES! For me too. Anything sweet is disgusting to me when I'm rolling. I can only handle minty things.

Oh- I almost forgot to answer the question! I had a bad experience that I think was partly due to dehydration so now I drink tons when I roll. Prob. 5 bottles a night, depending on how much I dance and how hot it is. I don't pee much when I roll, but when I come down I have to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes!

I always throw up shortly after taking my pill; never after that so I don't see how drinking water can make you sick. Besides, what's worse? Throwing up water, or winding up in the hospital with an iv to rehydrate you (happened to a friend of mine)?

------------------

picturestitle.jpg

[This message has been edited by tastyt (edited 07-10-2001).]

hmm, weird i love gatorade when im rolling

------------------

transcend

sig.jpg

I was under the impression that consuming a lot of sugar while rolling had a counter affect on the drug besides with the teeth grinding and all the other shit sweet stuff kills when i drink it i stick to my trusty bottle of water... oh and always keep ur own bottle i have a friend who got mono and hepatitis from taking a sip from someone else bottle ... nasty

------------------

Now you see evil will always triumph ... because evil is good and good is dumb.

I can't remeber the name for it, but too much water is very bad!!

It is as bad as being dehydrated.

In the UK, they have discovered this is a very big problem.

Basically, if you drink too much water it can bring down your body tempature (I believe it has something to do with thining your blood). If you start to feel cold it may because of drinking too much water. A solution is to intake some salt/sodium, (pretzel, etc.)

Personally, when I take E, I like it as a more trippier experience and dont dance much. At the same time, I have the hyped up feeling and am fidegity, so Im drinking a lot of water. It has made me sick and I puked once and have gotten really cold. Now I watch it or eat pretzels....

Look this up on the Internet....

they say that to be safe, you should drink no more then or no less than 1 pint, that is 16oz. of water per hour that you are rolling. 1 pint will be enough to keep you hydrated, yet not enough to dilute the roll too much.

Not drinking any water would be just plain stupid. The only reported deaths from X were almost all due to dehydration.

There is a condition called Water intoxification. This is a rare but posible condition in which you drink to much water, thinning your blood and afecting your brain, it produces a drunken like state but can be fatal. There was one case in the UK where a girl did die from this condition while rolling. She had aparently taken an E at home during her birthday and her parents came home, i believe as the story goes she kinda bugged and tried to drink water to "sober up" which you cant do, anyways she died from h20 intoxification.

Check out the following link for information:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_health_water.shtml