Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Plasma vs. LCD TVs

Guest Seb

Guest Seb

Gonna be buying a a whole new entertainment system just curious to see what you guys think is the better Plasma or LCD TVs? I've been reading up on it and it seems that Plasma has the better resolution & picture but I just don't know if it's really worth the extra cash or not. ???

get LCD .. screw plasma . my friend bought a 40+ inch plasma and she said each yr, the tv turns off and u have to call someone to put in more of that liquid they put in those tvs. doing that costs a good 300 bucks at tvs that size ..

LCD way to go

Guest Seb

get LCD .. screw plasma . my friend bought a 40+ inch plasma and she said each yr, the tv turns off and u have to call someone to put in more of that liquid they put in those tvs. doing that costs a good 300 bucks at tvs that size ..

LCD way to go

interesting, they never mentioning anything about maintenance for Plasmas

LCD way to go

interesting, they never mentioning anything about maintenance for Plasmas

yep they wont according to my friend.. u get screwed later on.. she said she was watching the superbowl 2 yrs ago and the tv turned off. and said call for service.. it wont turn back on unless u put in that liquid shit

i really want one of these.. would u ever consider going thru QVC or HSN to get something like this.. they have some pretty sick deals. ive seen 2 for 1's on no name brands but the quality looks great and they have a great warranty thru these stations

Guest Seb

Wow I'm glad I posted this, I was actually leaning towards Plasma after talking to people @ Best Buy & Circuit City. Good to know :)

Guest Seb

i really want one of these.. would u ever consider going thru QVC or HSN to get something like this.. they have some pretty sick deals. ive seen 2 for 1's on no name brands but the quality looks great and they have a great warranty thru these stations

probably just gonna go through Best Buy so that I can get a decent financing deal

Guest LeVeL

Ok if you want a TV that your going to use to view movies and to watch sports ect then get yurself a Plasma. And dont listen to people who say that Plasma's dont last too long, in reality a Plasma should last you 18 to 20 years of life.

In all phases a Plasma is a better TV than and LCD.

But if you are like me and want to use your TV in conjunction with your Computer or Laptop then get yourself an LCD since LCD transmits the colors and resolution better than a Plasma.

In reality it all comes down to your decision and to your eyes, here are some websites that may help you..

http://www.flattvpeople.com/tutorials/lcd-vs-plasma.asp

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/03/09/lcd_or_plasma_/

http://www.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lcdtv-plasmavslcd.shtml

Guest pod

Bling:

Contrary to legend, plasma screens don't leak and need to be recharged. But the scintillators do age, and unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about it. To make matters worse, not all scintillators age in the same way; the blue channel always ages quicker than the others (though that situation has improved compared to the earliest plasma panels.)

Guest ddg

seb..i would go for lcd...and if you wait till a little closer to the end of the year, they usually offer some really good deals (no pmts till next year, 0% financing...etc..)

uhmmmm

buy plasma hello ?

u want quality ?

if you have the cash, a 42" plasma should go for around $2000

AND ! make sure the tv has HDMI inputs AND if possible, make sure the tv has a 1080p resolution which is the highest now ..

AND! did you know theres only a few brands out there that actually manufacture their own plasma glass ? this means better quality ... im 100% sure Pioneer is one of these .. dont remember the others now but ask your sales associate about this ..

AND! did you know most of the tvs out there are NOT properly calibrated right out of the factory? theres some DVD's out there that guide you through the right process to fix this issue

i have a lot of info but i will need sometime to get it together and send it to you Sebastian .. but with this few tips you should be getting a great quality ...

happy shopping ;D

uhmmmm

buy plasma hello ?

u want quality ?

if you have the cash, a 42" plasma should go for around $2000

AND ! make sure the tv has HDMI inputs AND if possible, make sure the tv has a 1080p resolution which is the highest now ..

AND! did you know theres only a few brands out there that actually manufacture their own plasma glass ? this means better quality ... im 100% sure Pioneer is one of these .. dont remember the others now but ask your sales associate about this ..

AND! did you know most of the tvs out there are NOT properly calibrated right out of the factory? theres some DVD's out there that guide you through the right process to fix this issue

i have a lot of info but i will need sometime to get it together and send it to you Sebastian .. but with this few tips you should be getting a great quality ...

happy shopping ;D

employee-of-the-month-sm.jpg

Andrew .... Brandsmart employee of the month ;D

Guest pod

1080p displays are pretty pricey still.

Also, make sure whatever device you're using can really output 1080p, and it's not the display doing conversions.

Guest Gladius

Bling:

Contrary to legend, plasma screens don't leak and need to be recharged. But the scintillators do age, and unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about it. To make matters worse, not all scintillators age in the same way; the blue channel always ages quicker than the others (though that situation has improved compared to the earliest plasma panels.)

this is most accurate, I have a plasma screen in every room in my house, its the only type my father buys (owning his own technology company) so far in 5 years not one of them has gone bad, and the sizeing ranges from 42-60 inches and they are all still good... your best picture is generated from a HD Plasma screen there are no questions asked when talking to someone who knows what they are talking about.... LCD is def cheaper but you get a much crisper picture out of a plasma.

Guest JMT

a lot of good advice already...

i recently made a tv purchase. i went with a Sony HD DLP because with a DLP you can get more screen for the same money. but, if you dont mind paying more, go for the LCD all the way.

Plasmas will be phased out in a few years. LCDs do everything they do without the negatives such as a limited life and the excessive heat.