Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I love South Beach

Guest endymion

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

Heh, dude, I guess you've not been to those parties. Talk about savages. They'd love you. The main thing is familiarity. You show up at 4 or 5 and people start to remember you and recognize that are you are "in", as long as you are not a complete jerk or anything.

Welcome aboard.

That is one thing that Miami Beach sorely lacks. Basic infrastructure.

Transit blows

Telecom is about 3 years behind everyone else in the county,

and about 4 behind the rest of the country.

No big-box stores for cheap goods. I'm not gonna pay $100 for a bathmat that costs $5 at Target.

The DSL-on-roids here is anemic compared to cable offerings in other areas.

Cablevision is deploying 30 Mbps down/burst to 15 Mbps up in my parent's hood in Jersey. Even their standard offerings make our DSL and cable look pathetic.

Nevermind Verizon with FiOS deployments.

I love Miami but our telecom infrastructure is lacking.

-xEzGIuY7kw

omg, that is hilarious! And the guy's a much better rapper than half the ghetto thugs out there making "music" in the hip hop genre these days.

weird al comes through huge with that song... ;D

"aint got a grill, but i still wear braces"

lmmmmmmmmaaaaaaoooooooooo

-xEzGIuY7kw

omg, that is hilarious! And the guy's a much better rapper than half the ghetto thugs out there making "music" in the hip hop genre these days.

"aint got a girl, but i still wear braces"

Grill, not girl. That shit was hilarious.

Guest Devilicious

Just an FYI for anyone who comes down here: the traffic cops have been out in full force lately. I don't speed, run red lights, or plow over those morons on mopeds anymore, and ya'll should be careful too ;)

Actually, let them speed so the cops are distracted.

The cops will be overwhelmed and they'll ban all four-wheeled private transport from 23rd to South Pointe.

-xEzGIuY7kw

"aint got a girl, but i still wear braces"

Grill, not girl. That shit was hilarious.

thx jackie.. :)

Guest LeVeL

A lot of people I know spend over half their monthly salary just to say they live in South Beach. Which is bad.

This is true, I have a friend who moved to South Beach about a year ago and works her ass off all for the sake of living on South Beach. Eventhough she works @ Starbucks on the Beach, she is the majority of the time Broke.

South Beach is great though there are so many things to do, there is no reason to go to the mainland unless you get a Hurricane but the only way I would live in the Beach is if I buy property there either a Condo or House which you wont find in the Hot Spots of South Beach.

People know my take on that. If i'm gonna dump hundreds of thousands of dollars of my own money on property, I want a house. Not a condo, which is a glorified apartment, which on top of your mortgage, you're paying rent too in the form of your association fee.

I'll agree with you there. A lot (not all, so you sandbar dwellers who post here don't crucify me*) of people I know living on the beach are flat broke most of the time, and most of their expenditures go into having a place to say. It isn't necessarily about the income level, either...it is proportion-based. You've got people making bank, but blowing it all on rent or mortgage. I'd rather live where I live, and have to commute a little, freeing up some play money.