Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CONGRATULATIONS JORDIN SPARKS..... YOUR 2007 AMERICAN IDOL!!!

Bling

Guest clubchicky
:o NO way!! you missed the best performances man!! yeah the little Indian kid, poor kid, he sucks!!! but man all the best ones were later in the show!!!!! especially the last performance by sundance!!! he blew that shit away!!

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lyrik

the girls (all the black ones) are gonna kill it tonite.. the boys will look like amateurs

Here's the problem with this though...I do agree the black chicks are definitley the most talented, but evetually they are going to eat into each other's audience and no doubt one or two of them will go home when its pretty obvious that the white girls are way out classed vocally.

Also how many Fantasias, Jennifer Hudsons, Mandisa's, etc etc are going to be on the show every year? Though they are all gifted they all fit in the same mold...big gospel type voices and it leads to it becoming predictable show after show.

Thats why I am diggin Blake and Chris the most right now because they are bringing a change of pace with song selection and singing outside the norm of what we have seen on idol in the past.

I mean is anyone surprised when Lakisha can belt out Aretha? Take nothing away she is amazing...but she also has to fight the fact that there has already been one black single mother winner (Fantasia)...similar story, plus she isn't going to wow anyone with her looks...

Follow the progression...

1st Year: Kelly Won/Mainstream Pop (White Girl, Great Voice, Easily Marketed), second place was who again?

2nd Year: Ruben Won/ Male R&B, Clay Second Adult Contemp.

3rd Year: Fantasia/Female R&B, Diana Digarmo...aaaah who cares.

4th Year: Carrier Underwood/Female Country, forget who won second this year??

5th Year: Taylor "Are Friggin Kiddin Me" Hicks Adult Contemp Rock...soon to be forgotten, 2nd Catherine McPhee watered down pop...prob. wind up on Broadway. Daughtery...the choice that should have been made...has had and will continue to have success similar to Kelly/Carrie.

Soooo...

We have had our White Female Pop Star, Black Male and Female R & B Somewhat Stars, Female Country Star, White Rock Star and a few sprinklings of okay artists such as Taylor, Clay and Catherine...the last three being very watered down and unoriginal parent pop...so whats next...

The White Male Pop Star...I don't know if either Chris or Blake have enough to be this...but its def. looking like that would be the logical progression.

My early picks:

Guys:

Blake Lewis

Chris Richardson

Girls:

Lakisha

Sabrina

season 4 finals carrie vs bo bice (the long haired rock guy

def agree that dougherty should have won last yr he was the shit and kicked out too soon

also agree the black girls will stick around a long time then the fans will have to choose sides.. a great singer will get elimatned no doubt

for guys.. i think blake will be the best in that group he seems to be able to sing any genre i think he will be able to. plus hes unique

still think talent wise lakisha should win though i dont think she will cuz shes too big.. :(

I havent read this thread but here are my 2 cents.

I like the bald guy (though he looks like an alien), Chris Sligh (who doent love a big, funny guy with a lisp) and Blake (reminds me of Travis from So You Think You Can Dance).

BUT....a black girl will win this year. They are waaaaaay too good. I cant wait for tonights episode. :)

Lakisa-singin some Gladys Knight "Midnight Train to Georgia"

awesome... she can sing it all. last week was better but shes still flawless ;D

Melinda Doolittle- OMFG shes incredible....... she was better than Lakisha this week.... a perfect performance

these should be the final two they kick so much CULO..

Antonella=sang much better than last week but still it was wayyyyyyyy worse than celine deion. (no one can sing celine even if they tried)

loved her outfit very nice

Stephanie- looked gorgeous and she sang her ass off. awesome..... sang beyonce

Haley-at least shes drop dead gorgeous... screw antonella haley is the hottest.. shes so hottttttt damn.. i liked her performance but her voice is nowhere near the top 3-4 girls

sabrina- love her range and her power. she's the most like christina aguilera out there.

shes not the best singer of the group but IMHO shes the most marketable pop voice of the top 24.. her voice will sell lots of effin CD's

my top 4

1. melinda

2. Lakisha

3. Sabrina

4. Stephanie

no girl actually sucked

i guess i want to see antonella or alaina gone and Leslie Hunt gone

damn kellie pickler still cant sing worth a lick but omfg she looks hot look at those Grade A boobs.. did she get a boob job? and that booty on a white girl... god bless it.......

i think she got more than just shoes

hot damnnnnnnnnnn . diggin her hair also :o ;D

if i were ryan id try to tap it backstage forget his g/f or fiance. or whatever he has lol

SANJAYA IS SAFE?????????????????????????

OVER AJ????????????????

THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST SHAMS IVE SEEN

thats so messed up sanjaya was so shocked.... who the fuck is voting for this loser

i get america even if sanjaya is good next week vote him off . he shouldnt have even made top 24

lets see if antonella hits the bricks lets see if the pics come back to haunt her.......

how the fuck did she get by. wtfffffffff antonella needs to get the hell out. shes horrendous...

leslie needed to leave btw her and jordin. jordin is too good to leave now

Guest clubchicky

Bling! I am totally with you!!!!! I could not BELIEVE that AJ got knocked out of the competition???? what ???

Dude...America is screwed up!! man....bad choices tonight....I think we should let Simon choose from now on.....

Top 8 guys (you guys are actually making me want to turn IDOL off) lol...... i hope the 6 guys get systematically thrown off 1 by 1 leaving only the top 6 girls that will be awesome lol (well maybe keep blake around)

1. Blake Lewis- awesome song... hip hop/reggae even some scratchin effects lol

the song at times sounded like he was just talking but the song choice was cool... his voice is just ok... but his song selections each week are fantastic. he stands out big time......

2. Sanjaya--------- first notes.. and im in pain.... someone please end this torture........(this stupid kid doesnt listen to the judges' advice each week. he sings the same boring shit horribly each week.... )

3. Sundance- ughhh what a letdown this week. he sounds horrible. hes out of tune and screaming.... horrific (are the judges crazy i didnt like it--- i agree with simon)

4. Chris Richardson- omg he sucks too the guys suck as bad as week 1 again.. god save them all lol. did his voice crack a few times... my lord. he sounds like a pubescent boy lol (am i hearing the same thing the judges are they liked him??? wtf.... lol)

5. Jared- good lord... its like your on a cruise ship listening to this crap...... as bad as it was..... its the best vocals of nite so far (best performance though still goes to blake overall)

6. Brandon- finally someone with some energy and a decent performance..... -his dancing is god awful though...... (not amazing vocals but a good job considering how bad tonite is)

7. Phil- stop sucking the mic..... his worst performance yet......

8. chris sligh- BEST VOCALS OF NITE.... saved the best for last... no doubt he was the best of the nite....

overall it was GHASTLY as Simon would say........

Guest JMT

JMT's take:

the indian kid is 2 weeks past his expiration date. send him packing already.

i give the beatbox kid credit for his song selection, he did a great job. i cant believe how many people dont know 311. but for now i still say he is too much of a novelty act to go all the way.

tall black dude - terrible

shorter black dude - solid, but horrible song.

sunhead - it wasnt horrible, it wasnt terrible, it was absolutely ghastly.

richardson - weak

tall white guy with the big eyes and hat - also past his expiration date

white dude with the big red fro - great singing, lame song. sing something people know for crying out loud.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Unfortunatley my office is next to my family room and the wife ws watching this tonight.

From what I heard tonight, all those dudes should be kicked off the show.

I told you guys weeks ago that none of these people have any real talent.

Maybe that Beatbox dude because at least he's a little bit original but other than that he's not much to write home about either.

You'll see. In 2 weeks time you guys will be thinking that you're wasting your time watching this show.

blake and chris were at leat watchable lol.. the guys are the worst group of guys ever

but the girls. dont even get me started. strongest group of girls ever.. there are at leat 3-4 who kick serious ass (the best being

1. melinda doolittle

2. lakisha jones

3. sabrina sloan

4. Stephanie Edwards

these 4 are light yrs ahead of everyone else

New `Idol' Singers Fighting Blah Factor

The Associated Press

Blah. If any word were to sum up this year's mostly bland and sometimes unwatchable batch of "Idol" contestants, that'd be it.

Sure, there are some standouts — sweet-natured former backup singer Melinda Doolittle, big-voiced belter LaKisha Jones and cocksure beatboxer Blake Lewis are shoo-ins to face off in the weeks before the Fox talent show's big May finale. All are confident, worthy performers — yet they don't leave you wanting more.

Yes, I'll admit it: I miss Taylor Hicks and his herky-jerky dancing. I miss watching the kittenish Katharine McPhee make goo-goo eyes at the camera. I miss making goo-goo eyes at the TV when bald rocker Chris Daughtry worked the stage like a pro. Then there's my personal favorite, the soulful and snaggletoothed Elliott Yamin, who had me in tears when he was voted off last year. (Yamin has since had a full dental makeover, complete with new veneers.)

Related: Get the latest 'Idol' updates

Photo gallery: Meet the 'Idol' contestants

"It's a very hard season I think, at this point, to pinpoint who has the `it' factor," said Michael Slezak, who blogs about the show for Entertainment Weekly magazine's Web site. "Which is strange, because usually by this point in the `Idol' season, you could say: `Fantasia has IT. Carrie Underwood has IT. Chris Daughtry has IT.'"

It must be noted, though, that this year's guy to watch — the scrappy Lewis, who nailed a cover of Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know" — is a lot hipper than Hicks. The likable Doolittle seems less of a diva than McPhee, who at times came off as aloof and self-aware. Still, last season's talent pool — stuffed with variety, excitement and star quality — might have set the bar so high that viewers are feeling let down by the new kids.

Give them time to develop, said host Ryan Seacrest, who counts Doolittle and Jones as "the favorites."

"I can hope that the guys get better and better each week," Seacrest recently told AP Television.

And, in terms of anything else, the contestants are experiencing something they've never been through before and (are) thrown into this. And, it's a long process."

"We are SO early in the season and in the series, you also don't want to be somebody (who) peaks too soon," he continued. "You want to make sure you're good enough to stay in but you're building with each week, so the audience gets behind you."

In other words: Don't write off this crop of contenders just yet. After all, the top 12 finalists have yet to be announced.

"This group of singers has a chance to redeem themselves," Slezak said. "Right now, I would say it's gonna be tough for them to outdo last season. But I think there are enough good singers that it could be as good as last season."

One of those singers is the spunky and stylish Stephanie Edwards, who tore up her rendition of Beyonce's "Dangerously In Love" last week. "So many people are going to be in love with Stephanie Edwards right now," gushed Paula Abdul.

Hope so. Producers should show more of Edwards' backstory, so we can get to know her better. Her competition — especially Jones, who gives us someone to root for as a single mom to an adorable little girl — has an edge on her in that respect.

Edwards, 19, who is from Georgia, would also do well to separate herself from the pack of female front-runners: Jones, Doolittle, 17-year-old Jordin Sparks and curly haired Sabrina Sloan. All are going the R&B route, which makes for boring TV on a star-making show that has crowned such disparate acts as Hicks, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Fantasia Barrino.

What's missing on this "Idol," Slezak said, is "a real mix of different types."

"A lot of the guys are working a sort of Justin Timberlake-y, Usher-y vibe, and a lot of the women are sort of working an old-school Gladys Knight, Aretha kind of vibe," he said. "I was surprised by the fact that there aren't really any legitimate rock singers, that there doesn't seem to be anyone who's a country singer."

Remember Tami Gosnell, the pedicab driver from Colorado? Now there was a star. When she sang "Whipping Post" during her audition, it was like that scene in "The Queen" when Helen Mirren's Queen Elizabeth is nearly rendered speechless by the sight of a magnificent, elusive stag. Such moments happen rarely, when we least expect them.

So invigorating was Gosnell's bluesy, natural performance that it required another viewing, courtesy of DVR. She had a certain something — a quality that can vaguely be described as "IT."

She was also inexplicably cut after this year's Hollywood rounds. In a sea of "blah," Gosnell certainly stood out.

Isn't that worth voting for?

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=254148&GT1=7703

Top 8 Girls

1. Jordin Sparks- she was good bu u hear stuff like this all the time.. it was just ok... her vocals are decent enough i guess...(def better than any guy though still)

2. Sabrina Sloan- shes a black Christina Aguilera love her.... though she oversang in some spots........her voice is gorgeous though .. great power.........

3. Antonella- pack ur bags..ur out of here.. out of tune and what the hell was that crap song lol

4. Haley- not bad but not great. just ok.... she might be cut

5. Stephanie Edwards-fantastic voice... and performance....

(this yr is so predictable who will be the last 4 standing)

6 Lakisha - DAmnnnnnnnnnnnn this girl is a professional. classy....amazing.. gorgeous..... AWESOME... (her family is hilarous)

7. Gina: very good. her best performance yet....... she rocked it out......

8. melinda doolittle- omfg she rocks.... her and lakisha just own AI (best of nite two weeks in a row)

Top 3...

1. Melinda (vocals as good as lakisha but her energy was better and performance)

2. Lakisha

3.Stephanie

so funny one nite from the next...

GUYS ARE PUTRID... THE DIVAS COME OUT AND OWN IT

im really hoping for a lakisha vs melinda final... that will be nuts......

im gonna make an early prediction

MELINDA WINS AI THIS YR...... (love lakisha but if jennifer hudson couldnt do it i dont think lakisha can. esp since jennifer has better vocals i think)

Guest lyrik

Top 8 Girls

1. Jordin Sparks- she was good bu u hear stuff like this all the time.. it was just ok... her vocals are decent enough i guess...(def better than any guy though still)

2. Sabrina Sloan- shes a black Christina Aguilera love her.... though she oversang in some spots........her voice is gorgeous though .. great power.........

3. Antonella- pack ur bags..ur out of here.. out of tune and what the hell was that crap song lol

4. Haley- not bad but not great. just ok.... she might be cut

5. Stephanie Edwards-fantastic voice... and performance....

(this yr is so predictable who will be the last 4 standing)

6 Lakisha - DAmnnnnnnnnnnnn this girl is a professional. classy....amazing.. gorgeous..... AWESOME... (her family is hilarous)

7. Gina: very good. her best performance yet....... she rocked it out......

8. melinda doolittle- omfg she rocks.... her and lakisha just own AI (best of nite two weeks in a row)

Top 3...

1. Melinda (vocals as good as lakisha but her energy was better and performance)

2. Lakisha

3.Stephanie

so funny one nite from the next...

GUYS ARE PUTRID... THE DIVAS COME OUT AND OWN IT

im really hoping for a lakisha vs melinda final... that will be nuts......

im gonna make an early prediction

MELINDA WINS AI THIS YR...... (love lakisha but if jennifer hudson couldnt do it i dont think lakisha can. esp since jennifer has better vocals i think)

I'm tellin you right now...Melinda will not win...not because of her voice either and remind me to fuckin slap you backwards for the statement on the Corrine Bailey Rae song...just because the Antonella broad butchered it doesn't mean its not a good song...Corrine has an amazingly subtle and beautiful quality to her voice and is one the best new female singer songwriters out right now.

http://www.myspace.com/corinnebaileyrae