Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo is closing dammit!! (Old "Deep Thoughts by DT")

Guest bootstah

Guest JustDade

I'm SOOO hard to work with....ask everyone around me, and I've been djing for 12 years....

It's called a reality distortion field. Really, that's the term. You've managed to surround yourself with a few other like-minded individuals and convince them you're fighting the good fight. It's surprisingly easy to do.

I've met you once or twice in person and you've been courteous and polite, but on here, such hostility? And for what?

Dan, he's not hard to work with. You actually have to get a gig to be hard to work with.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

You guys are so harsh.

Nova, what do you play? Like, what kind of music? Can you post any samples or something? Also, tell me where you're playing, I'm interested in checking it out before I form any opinions.

Guest pod

You guys are so harsh.

What do ya expect, Coach, this guy comes up and pretty much bashes everyone and everything on this forum in one fell swoop. And it's not the first time.

Guest sobe2004

ok...im alittle late...where the heck is the DT post? i see a blank post by bootness?

SO SAD TO SAY THIS PEOPLE

BUT THERE TRULY WAS "NO HOPE"

11th STREET & NE 2nd AVE. in DOWNTOWN MIAMI HAS BECOME

THE MOST GHETTO SCENARIO OF CLUBLANDS THAT MY EYES HAVE EVER WITNESSED!

AND THIS TRULY SADDENS ME DEEPLY! -

* And, I don't care who has an opinion of my opinion! -

IT ALL STARTS ON THE VERY CORNER WHERE THE STREET LIGHT DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A WORKING ORDER ??

THE FIRST CLUB IS NOTORIOUS FOR SHUT DOWNS DUE TO

SHOOTOUTS AND STABBINGS, YET THEY ARE STILL OPEN?

THE TRAFFIC IS HIDEOUS ON THE BLOCKS DUE TO THE 7 CLUBS PRACTICALLY ALL WITHIN 3 FEET FROM EACH OTHER .....

THE PARKING LOTS CHARGING UP TO $25.00

THEN YOU HAVE TO SADLY DEAL WITH ALL THE HOMELESS,

CRACK ADDICTS AND MENTALLY CHALLENGED PEOPLE THAT WANDER THE STREETS OFTEN INTIMIDATING CLIENTELE AS THEY WALK TO THE VENUES.

THERE IS A SHELTER THAT FEEDS THE HOMELESS JUST ONE BLOCK AWAY, AND THE NEIGHBORHOOD ITSELF IS SUPER-SKETCH!

CIRCUIT PARTIES STYLE EVENTS WHERE THE MUSIC IS LIKE A 2007 SOUNDTRACK TO THE WIZARD OF OZ! LA LA LA LA LA LAAAA

* ANYTHING BY AN ARTIST WITH A "BIG MAJOR LABEL/MTV NAME" - REMIXED TO A DANCE SINGLE SEEMS TO GET PLAYED ..

AS LONG AS IT HAS

"T H A T - T I R E D - "ANTHEM" - F O R M U L A" (zzzzzz)

A PACKED ROOM FULL OF SWEATY SHIRTLESS MUSCLE MEN DANCING TO JUDY GARLAND TYPE SONGS ..... MAKES NO SENSE! (( yawn ))

THIS IS NOT JUST MY OPINION ..... THESE ARE THE FACTS!

MIAMI (like many others) is being completely taken over by:

Hip Hop, RAP, Reggaeton, Salsa, Bachata, Cumbia, VIP rooms, AND

way too many Non Intelligent "Teenage Dropouts"

with gangsta looking tattoos up their necks, arms, etc

and even some people with "weapons"

just driving all around passing all the Clubs & South Beach

because most couldn't get in even if they tried from their appearance or their thug-ish attitudes, possies and the

PRISON MENTALITIES!

* WHERE THIS ALL STARTS AND ENDS LIKE A CYCLE! -

YOU COULD ALWAYS GO DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM TWILO AS WELL

AND GET A LAP DANCE 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK!

Or, get chicken fingers from their Take Out Window? ((LOL))

DOWNTOWN MIAMI SEEMS TO be "CURSED" --->

Security People that SHAKE DOWN CUSTOMERS more than

anywhere else I have ever heard of ....

(Not all of them are Corrupt ... But MANY are!)

Even some people on this board have SAD "ELEVATOR" STORIES! -

HORRIFIC BUZZY / ELECTRO & DATED PROGGY / TRACKS

THAT SOUND LIKE "FLASHDANCE" -

MY GIRL WANTS TO PARTY ALL THE TIME (repeat 100x)

MY GIRL WANTS TO PARTY ALL THE TIME (repeat 100x)

(still with Love & Respect to Deep Dish, but

the bad wanna be's that then follow! UGH, "I CRINGE" -

IF I HEAR "WORLD HOLD ON" OR THAT VOCAL "ELECTRO"

I FURTHER CRINGE! (sorry Artist?) .....

I remember last year hearing: FEEL THE LOVE GENERATION

and I swear to you all, I thought it was some joke or a demo?

I couldn't believe how OFF the vocalist was, and then I discover it's

a super famous "international hit" that was known from the Olympics?

I've held back for about 2 years writing something because I did not

want to disrespect the artist and their creativity.

But THIS is what you hear

over and over again in these VIP type clubs played to

"GIRLS AND GUYS GONE WILD ON "SOFAS"

WITH FANCY CLOTHES AND GREYGOOSE BOTTLES!

That could give one F*** about what they heard a DJ play!

These suckers deserve to pay $2000,00 per table! LOL

THEN THERE'S THE CHEESY ROCK & ROLL MASH-UPS

LIKE PINK FLOYD'S "THE WALL" -

THE LYRICS SAY: "WE DON'T NEED NO EDUCATION" (zzzzzz)

Well, I danny tenaglia, (a DJ for over 3 decades) disagree 1000%!

And I can educate them ALL in 70's funk, DEEP HOUSE, Techno, Tribal Tech house and give Free Dance Classes too! (LOL)

(((((( now I'll tell you how I really feel? )))) -

OK I did .... I released my frustrations! - (((NEXT)

What's the big deal . . . DT is 100% correct . . .

Guest pod

Like we said about ten pages back, some of what he says is valid, some of what he says isn't. The bum situation, I agree with 100%.

Music, well, that's subjective. There's no "facts" where musical taste is concerned.

As far as I'm concerned, 11th Street is the best thing to happen to the Miami club scene in years. It provides a real alternative to the refried glitz and glam of the beach.

Yes, there's plenty of problems, but that's a political situation, as was discussed over and over again.

Guest lulamishka

Omg, GET OVER YOURSELF NOVA! Are you even reading the crap you're saying?!

Why am I still even reading this thread? This is like a bad car accident and I can't stop rubbernecking.

For real, its no wonder this guy doesn't get his calls returned from the venues he contacts. Does he even realize the industry folk that lurk this board? Geezus Christ!

Guest pod

I tell people a lot that they would be shocked at who reads this board on a global level. I've had world-renowned DJs ask me if I was "Pod", even.

Guest sobe2004

Like we said about ten pages back, some of what he says is valid, some of what he says isn't. The bum situation, I agree with 100%.

Music, well, that's subjective. There's no "facts" where musical taste is concerned.

As far as I'm concerned, 11th Street is the best thing to happen to the Miami club scene in years. It provides a real alternative to the refried glitz and glam of the beach.

Yes, there's plenty of problems, but that's a political situation, as was discussed over and over again.

Pod since you have been around for some time, compare "11th Street" from 5yrs ago to today . . .

Guest pod

Better and worse.

Better - more clubs. Generally a good thing.

Worse - Gentrification and crime. The crime rise can be attributed to certain venues encouraging a certain crowd to come to the neighborhood.

Guest sobe2004

Better and worse.

Better - more clubs. Generally a good thing.

Worse - Gentrification and crime. The crime rise can be attributed to certain venues encouraging a certain crowd to come to the neighborhood.

I can understand where you are coming from with your thoughts but don't totally agree.

More clubs have desaturated the product in general and caused the parking lot owners to jack the peeps coming down there and increased the crime.

Guest pod

In a way yeah, but let's ditch the PC bullshit and attribute the crime to the fact that two clubs attracted an extremely ghetto element to the area, resulting in multiple confirmed instances of assault and murder. And yet, the city does nothing to shut these places down, which further drags down the whole area, making life hard on responsible businesses.

Guest RzO

exactly

there were no shootings/stabbings when the block was strictly edm. sure sometimes the juiceheads at space wanna get tough and fight, but for the most part they still brawl like they should, with their hands, no one needs to be getting killed over some argument in a club, fucking pathetic.

i mean every other hip hop song is a brigade on glamourizing the fighting/shooting/stabbing, etc, inciting those types to get all crazy and buck shots at dem fools.

and this is true, sociolgically speaking

and unfortunately it is not playing a racial card, its just a reality that those types are at those place no matter what race

Guest coach

I suspect that in the City's eyes, one club is as bad as the other. If they shut down Area 51 and Life (or whichever the bad ones are), they'd shut them all down.

Guest RzO

nda_OSWeyn8

that never gets old.

ryan, i think i saw you jumping around in the back of that vid

nevermind that was tiesto

hilarious, the videos you happen to find, this may be one of the best!

Guest pod

I suspect that in the City's eyes, one club is as bad as the other. If they shut down Area 51 and Life (or whichever the bad ones are), they'd shut them all down.

That's what I said, it drags the whole neighborhood down. The City thinks Space=Twilo=Nocturnal=Mecrapolis=Life=Area 51.

Guest PRTAZZZ

Don't take it personal PPL. He's not being shady just fierce.......................... Everything he says is true. Miami house scene is not what it use to be. Miami & South beach is ghettooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Time. By the way great set at Cielo!!!!!

Guest pod

Well, in a way I think people had a right to, since it was commentary on where they live and like to spend time.

Guest RzO

that never gets old.

ryan, i think i saw you jumping around in the back of that vid

nevermind that was tiesto

hilarious, the videos you happen to find, this may be one of the best!

you love tiesto

me and my stinkfinger ;) LOL