Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CAFETERIA CLOSURE!

Guest Alan T.

Guest Alan T.

JUST SPOKE TO MY LONGTIME FRIEND WHO OWNED THIS ESTABLISHMENT....... IMAGINE LANDLORDS WANTING TO RAISE RENT TO 75 K A MONTH---INSANE! HIS NYC RENT IS NOT HALF AS MUCH AND TURNS TRIPLE PROFIT! HIS EFFORTS NOW ARE SOLELY NYC BASED ON CAFETERIA AND THE NEW FIERCE DOWNTOWN EATERT DELICATESEN , TO OPEN AT PRINCE AND HOUSTON IN SEPTEMBER! ARRIVADERCI LINCOLN ROAD~!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

Yeah, word came down the pipe yesterday about that. It was posted here and there in other threads.

The food wasn't bad, if a little pricey, especially for lunch, where I consider spending more than six bucks a travesty.

Guest Alan T.

ALREADY SHUT DOWN! HE SPENT SO MUCH TIME ON THAT PLACE------FLYING TO ITALY FOR FURNITURE AND DEALING WITH PHIL ON THE PHAZON------->MIAMI IS TUFF THOUGH AS WE ALL KNOW!

Guest pod

Half the issue I had with the joint in recent times is when they tried too much to turn it into a nightclub after 10 PM. The place just was not suited for that sort of event. Other than that, no real complaints.

Guest ramon

Half the issue I had with the joint in recent times is when they tried too much to turn it into a nightclub after 10 PM. The place just was not suited for that sort of event. Other than that, no real complaints.

it was great for that just poor planning in the back room .. it could've been amazing.

Guest pod

That back room had so much potential. Issues there were decor and capacity issues. They never cut it off. Decor wise, those fugly orange lights had to go. You could have rigged the whole room with LEDs and made it look 1000x better.

Guest lulamishka

i used to be "in" :'(

Me too. :'(

to this day, that is my alltime fav weekly party eva.

Guest ramon

That back room had so much potential. Issues there were decor and capacity issues. They never cut it off. Decor wise, those fugly orange lights had to go. You could have rigged the whole room with LEDs and made it look 1000x better.

heehe led's ftw.

move the dj booth as well .. make it more like cielo :(

Guest endymion

Something dies, something is born. Maybe the next place will be even cooler. Hopefully it's 24/7.

Guest macboy

great memories of "in"

I miss Connect Four!

Oh, and I guess I can rip up that $10 gift certificate in my wallet. :-\

Guest funky monkey

:'( :'( sad news!

....my first party of my first WMC was at Cafeteria and it was unforgettable - Zabiella & Fanciulli tag teaming, the place going nuts, getting dragged out of there at 5 am....sorry to see Cafeteria go.

Guest pod

Something dies, something is born. Maybe the next place will be even cooler. Hopefully it's 24/7.

Just put Hunka Bunka South Beach and be done with it.

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

will def miss the spot

I think cafeteria is where i first me tboth you and maaaajaaaaahhh