Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sharia law in Alabama

Guest pod

Guest cire

This is just more proof of how the U.S. is tooooo reserved. We are going to fall way behind with shit like this going on. They don't have to sell it as they like, and it will just add to the criminal element. This is a shame. Damn the Bible belt and Rev. Eddie Gooch (why are people listening to a guy named, Gooch?).

Not sure how this classifies as Islamic law, more like dumb, hick, Bible belt America law. When I was in Kuwait, the people at the parties running around with alcohol serving up all the Americans and Brits were, Muslim Kuwaiti's. Alcohol was illegal there and all it did was make it more expensive to buy, but still got drank the fuck up.

Guest pod

I said Sharia as a comparison.

;D

It's now even worse because of what you just said.

Stuff like this causes problems, people will just go to the next town over to get hammered, then drive home.

Guest coach

When I moved to Irving, TX, a suburb of Dallas, many years ago, there was NO alcohol sales there at all. Not even wine or beer at restaurants with food. This was actually fairly common in the suburbs around Dallas. Even in cities, including Dallas itself, that allowed alcohol sales, they had moderate to severe restrictions on who could sell it, when you could sell it, what you could sell. They have since relaxed some of those laws, but not altogether.

Guest cire

I said Sharia as a comparison.

;D

Lo siento muchacho. :)

They say in the article that it is producing more jobs, more commerce, more money for schools and the government, but they want to take it away. As long as those fools police their people correctly, and catch the drunk drivers, sounds like it should be okay.

Guest pod

I see nothing wrong with this, I've lived in the south, they have a different way of life. You can't drink a sip of Alcohol in the town where they make Jack Daniels. That's right, no one can even taste test it.

Thing is though, bad ideas like this have a nasty way of spreading. Slippery slope and all...

Guest cire

This is like when they made smoking in restaurants/clubs illegal here in Atlanta and now every business has found a way around it. (not to sure why i thought of this) but there is always someone out there that is going to look for a way to circumvent the rules.

Guest cire

in South Carolina you can only buy mini-bottles.

They're easier to get down anyway :)

I have always thought no alcohol sales here in GA always sucked. I mean you cannot by alcohol and take it home on Sunday, but you can go to a restaurant and get sloshed and then drive home. Makes sense to me.