Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SPACE 8/25: ADDICTED TO DRUMS - OSCAR G & RALPH FALCON [MURK]

Guest Ariel

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are getting to the point that these types of events are sad. It's like we are seeing some pop star from the 80's who started their career in Malls across the US, only to return to the Mall now because it's all they can get to pay the bills.

Sorry guys, I know you guys have done this for like 20 years, but know when to hang em up. Addicted to Drums? Murk? Come on guys. I know August is slow, but at least admit you guys are hanging on by a thread to your success when you guys were on fire in the studio. You missed the gravy train because you had ass clowns for managers and booking agents. Recently a well known Miami DJ commented to me how you two could have been huge back then.

Not trying to hate, but it's true and I have a feeling, this is simply a mtg payment gig, you guys know this is lame.

It would be nice to see you guys back in the studio and make radio music, not space at 8am music, you have the talent, but a serious lack of motivation and foresight, you need knew management, new influences, new motivations and you should switch to boxers, your boys need to be free in the studio.

I know I give you guys a hard time, but you know I'm fan, but you could have been a contender, now you are stuck back at the mall.

Good luck at this Mall events, opps I mean Space.

Guest ICON

I think we are getting to the point that these types of events are sad. It's like we are seeing some pop star from the 80's who started their career in Malls across the US, only to return to the Mall now because it's all they can get to pay the bills.

Sorry guys, I know you guys have done this for like 20 years, but know when to hang em up. Addicted to Drums? Murk? Come on guys. I know August is slow, but at least admit you guys are hanging on by a thread to your success when you guys were on fire in the studio. You missed the gravy train because you had ass clowns for managers and booking agents. Recently a well known Miami DJ commented to me how you two could have been huge back then.

Not trying to hate, but it's true and I have a feeling, this is simply a mtg payment gig, you guys know this is lame.

It would be nice to see you guys back in the studio and make radio music, not space at 8am music, you have the talent, but a serious lack of motivation and foresight, you need knew management, new influences, new motivations and you should switch to boxers, your boys need to be free in the studio.

I know I give you guys a hard time, but you know I'm fan, but you could have been a contender, now you are stuck back at the mall.

I can say this.... More people across this planet have heard of Murk - Oscar G - Ralph Falcon then they have heard of old/washed up/claim to be club legend, Nick... So STFU and go play your round of golf next Sunday while everybody will be at Space partying their asses off.

Guest Fuerte44

I can say this.... More people across this planet have heard of Murk - Oscar G - Ralph Falcon then they have heard of old/washed up/claim to be club legend, Nick... So STFU and go play your round of golf next Sunday while everybody will be at Space partying their asses off.

and by everybody you mean the underage colombian smurf brigade, hialeah's various high school dropouts and our country's entire population of gay body builders and 7 board members?

please dont generalize people into this event....Space and Murk are not for everyone

Guest ICON

and by everybody you mean the underage colombian smurf brigade, hialeah's various high school dropouts and our country's entire population of gay body builders and 7 board members?

please dont generalize people into this event....Space and Murk are not for everyone

no.. im meaning the few thousand that are there every single Saturday / Sunday morning.... pre-patio.

Like you have a lot of room to talk.. your profile states that you are 21. Does this mean that you are that much older and better than the "underage people?"

Guest klubveteran

I think its great that these two are playing together in thier "home stadium"

MIM is totally different and most cant go out on a sunday night. aside that they dont play together down here enough. still headlining around the world. 8)

now if i can only stay up past 9pm myself. :-\

NR

Guest thelurker

Reply of the year! roflol

Guest pod

'Please don't generalize' you ask, yet you generalize the Space crowd into smurfs, Hialeah people, and gay guys.

I could generalize that music geeks are bunch of virgins who's only thrill comes from stealing tracks off of P2P networks, but you'd probably yell at me for generalizing.

Kid, you have major issues that need to be addressed.

And wait, I did see you last weekend at Space? Funny, I guess you're a glutton for punishment. I don't know, but if I don't like a party or a club, I don't go.

Guest ICON

'Please don't generalize' you ask, yet you generalize the Space crowd into smurfs, Hialeah people, and gay guys.

I could generalize that music geeks are bunch of virgins who's only thrill comes from stealing tracks off of P2P networks, but you'd probably yell at me for generalizing.

Kid, you have major issues that need to be addressed.

And wait, I did see you last weekend at Space? Funny, I guess you're a glutton for punishment. I don't know, but if I don't like a party or a club, I don't go.

according to him and a few others on this board... SPACE is the ONLY place he can get into.

Guest LeVeL

So true..lol

Guest pod

Not really. At the risk of sounding like the Space attorney for the umpteenth time, the crowd is pretty varied.

I don't know, for some reason this kid is annoying me. 21 and he probably thinks he could run a nightclub. He probably could. He probably could run a nightclub into the ground.

Guest LeVeL

I agree.. Murk should of been bigger, they should of been in the same league as Deep Dish & Sasha and Digweed.

They have the recognition and productions to prove it but somewhere around the line they reached a stalemate and never achieved the success we all thought they would. When a guy like Cedric Gervais became bigger then Murk is when I think there was a problem.

Guest Marina22

looking forward to this been ages since they play together in their own city :(

I'm with you on that one man, these guys are way overdue to play together in Miami again. You going babe?

Guest ramon

I'm with you on that one man, these guys are way overdue to play together in Miami again. You going babe?

yep yep. I'll be there.

FYI .. just because some people here don't appreciate them worldwide these guys are very well respected from your clubbers to some of world's biggest dj's. It's a shame Miami doesn't know what they have in their own backyard. Recently Faith fanzine (House house and more fuckin house) did an interview with them when they were last over in the UK. I've been trying to get some copies sent over but have had a bit of difficulty.

Guest Marina22

yep yep. I'll be there.

FYI .. just because some people here don't appreciate them worldwide these guys are very well respected from your clubbers to some of world's biggest dj's. It's a shame Miami doesn't know what they have in their own backyard. Recently Faith fanzine (House house and more fuckin house) did an interview with them when they were last over in the UK. I've been trying to get some copies sent over but have had a bit of difficulty.

Would love to read that interview if you can get a hold of it. ;)

Guest ramon

yep yep. I'll be there.

Would love to read that interview if you can get a hold of it. ;)

i'll try to see if i can get them to ship them over so i can hand out a few at space?

LOL ::)

I think Ralph and I have played a total of 3 times together at Space in 7 years....but anyway

Space and Murk are definitely NOT for everyone....but for those of you who ARE interested....We have some pretty cool suprises planned ;)

Im so glad this board is NOT a reflection of our local scene....it would be pretty sad if it was...I love the fact that most of the time...the ONLY people who post are those who have something negative to say or have no interest in the club or event that is being talked about...

Don t you guys realize...when we post the info for these events...its for the folks that actually give a shit..and go out and dance on Saturday nights...who for the most part...are the MAJORITY of people that read this board.....they are just intelligent enough to READ the info and not engage in ridiculous hateful arguments that question peoples careers, merrit and success? lol how do you measure that anyway? I guess it depends on who you are..

SEE YOU SATURDAY LURKERS;)

-OG

Guest pod

Now, this coming from the guy who runs this board...It's kind of ironic when I tell our clients to pay no heed and not to base their marketing decisions solely on what is posted here. Sad, in a way. But, you're allowed to talk about what you want, within reason, so there's nothing I can do about it.

By and large, we're a pretty decent community. Unfortunately, it's the whiners who stick out the most. Some of them have legit gripes, yes, but by and far, a lot of the complaints I've seen lately are spurious, politically motivated, or just plain senseless. Yes, I'm looking in the general direction of certain people on here.

At the end of the day, people go out to have fun. Whether that fun be dancing at Space until noon the next day, or crowding around the DJ booth at Blue on any given night, it doesn't matter. What sucks is that a certain crowd is demanding eyeballs and respect for what they do, but they're not giving it back in return. It's a two way street here.

Sure, Space might be the 'commercial' venue in town, but that in and of itself is no reason to cast stones at it.

Commercial, underground, whatever, there's enough room for everyone on this board and in this town. It's a given at this point, but I'll be around for OG and Ralph this Saturday. Why? (aside from the financial aspect). Because it's my idea of fun. If your idea of fun is something else, that's fine, but let's not cast stones at people who's idea of fun might be checking out OG and Ralph.

Guest redcommibastard

Hey , nice party guys :)

looking forward to hearing both of you play for Stryke & Friends' Thursday !!!

Rock it out fellas :)

LOL ::)

I think Ralph and I have played a total of 3 times together at Space in 7 years....but anyway

Space and Murk are definitely NOT for everyone....but for those of you who ARE interested....We have some pretty cool suprises planned ;)

Im so glad this board is NOT a reflection of our local scene....it would be pretty sad if it was...I love the fact that most of the time...the ONLY people who post are those who have something negative to say or have no interest in the club or event that is being talked about...

Don t you guys realize...when we post the info for these events...its for the folks that actually give a shit..and go out and dance on Saturday nights...who for the most part...are the MAJORITY of people that read this board.....they are just intelligent enough to READ the info and not engage in ridiculous hateful arguments that question peoples careers, merrit and success? lol how do you measure that anyway? I guess it depends on who you are..

SEE YOU SATURDAY LURKERS;)

-OG

dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge

Yup you covered all of them in your post..