Clubplanet Nightlife Community

danny t message

Guest dre4

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jason_B

I tend to lean toward the DMB view. Just let people record, create goodwill, and count the money at the end.

Much easier to do for a guy who is already a mega-millionaire than an aspiring bedroom producer.

Not talking about bedroom producers, though. DT is a rich man. DMB is also a rich man (band). Compare apples to apples. DMB allows recording and still does pretty well, thereby disputing the credence of DT's rant.

Pardon my language but you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Let me help you out. This is how it works...

1) Small no-name producer is Kazakhstan gives DT a track he made and DT loves it.

2) DT decides to promote this producer by playing his tracks out and creating hype for it.

3) Record label decides this track will sell based on DT's endorsement and signs it.

4) That no-name producer is Kazakhstan now has a name and will get paid!!

If that track gets released without following those steps, that kid gets no money and way less recognition. DT is trying to honor this process by not letting the tracks he plays (that fall into this category) get released improperly.

When DMB allows recordings it is HIS music. DT is trying to protect OTHER PEOPLE'S music. It can be argued that those OTHER PEOPLE cannot afford to just give their music out for free because they aren't as loaded as DMB. Get it now coach? We're not comparing DT to DMB... the comparison here is DMB to the producer in Kazakhstan that entrusted his unreleased track to DT.

Come by tonight and I'll buy you a beer for yelling at you :-*

im 55/45 with DT... but if Kazakhstan is a bedroom Dj and DT is playing/promoting his track and the Kazakhstan track is a hit illegaly, at least now he is known and his next releases will be even bigger (if he does another good job)..

Guest Mayor

Alright.....

Check this out

Paying BMI and Ascap is bascially paying for the allowance to play all artists music in your venue.

It is basically paying a lump sum for a lump usage

Instead of a radio station that has to catalog every single song and what times it is played to report back to ascap and bmi

This basically is a broad tax that allows the DJ's to play all songs, all formats

SOOOOOOOOO

we are basically playing the game that has to be played

and putting up the funds for all our dj's in both venues to play what ever they may like for our patrons

This has no relevance on putting anything on a recorded file

Anything that is put into a compliation form is supposed to be licenses from the original writer / producer

not the performer

they have no rights

WOW - all those years at UM music business school payed off!

thanks Jim Progress

;D

Guest pod

I should send this in so they can write about it in their 'success stories' section of the website.

Then they can put me in the "What Not To Do" section. ;D

Set review...

All i gotta say is...

Every whisper

Of every waking hour I'm

Choosing my confessions

Trying to keep an eye on you

Like a hurt lost and blinded fool, fool

Oh no, I've said too much

I set it up

Consider this

Consider this

The hint of the century

Consider this

The slip that brought me

To my knees failed

What if all these fantasies

Come flailing around

Now I've said too much

I thought that I heard you laughing

I thought that I heard you sing

I think I thought I saw you try

Best track out of those 2 sets...

everything else is "Alright" in my book...got bored to be honest especially part 2...

ZZzzzz...

Guest lyrik

Set review...

All i gotta say is...

Every whisper

Of every waking hour I'm

Choosing my confessions

Trying to keep an eye on you

Like a hurt lost and blinded fool, fool

Oh no, I've said too much

I set it up

Consider this

Consider this

The hint of the century

Consider this

The slip that brought me

To my knees failed

What if all these fantasies

Come flailing around

Now I've said too much

I thought that I heard you laughing

I thought that I heard you sing

I think I thought I saw you try

Best track out of those 2 sets...

everything else is "Alright" in my book...got bored to be honest especially part 2...

ZZzzzz...

Wonder if it was a licensed remix. I know of a Timmy Regisford mix, but thats about it.

Guest coach
So hey what happens when all these mozart's of EDM sample an obscure vocal from some disco album of years past...or chop a hip-hop vocal or 80's rock vocal onto the hottest new "electro" track man...are all these guys paying royalties to the original artists or are they just taking creative liberty to steal someone else's music and make it their own?

Eh, this is common practice. What happens is that the original owner eventually gets told by some friend, "Hey! I heard a sample of your song in the new BEP song!" You call them up and remind them they used your song. They ask for proof. You provide it. They give you your percentage.

Guest Mattivi

from what i found there is actually three parts to this set, the first part is the best, kinda of gets a little dull after that, but its nice to hear a danny t liveset tho.

Guest tijuanarave

You know why DT hates having his sets recorded?... because more and more people will realize that DT kinda sucks sometimes after listening to his set while being sober... he wrecks a lot of tracks and does some stupid things that he considers to be cool just because he's DT... he can probably get away with some things because of who he is... but as someone else posted before, he is an old gay primadonna that thinks too highly of himself...

Guest Philip

You know why DT hates having his sets recorded?... because more and more people will realize that DT kinda sucks sometimes after listening to his set while being sober... he wrecks a lot of tracks and does some stupid things that he considers to be cool just because he's DT... he can probably get away with some things because of who he is... but as someone else posted before, he is an old gay primadonna that thinks too highly of himself...

no

Guest southof5th

lol so true... the only full DT set I've heard is when he was at the old space in 2002, and I was well out there so don't remember much other than it was pretty good :)