Clubplanet Nightlife Community

November 24th 2007 : ERIC MORILLO @ KARU' AND Y

Guest katiatheonlyone

Guest katiatheonlyone

KARU' AND Y AND MIAMI WORLD TOUR PRESENT THE ONE AND ONLY PARTY EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR :

ERIC MORILLO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR THE 1ST TIME SINCE MAY.....

ERIC MORILLO RETURNS TO MIAMI FOR A MARATHON EVENT THAT WILL BE FULL OF SURPRISES..........

GET READY....

TO GET YOUR TICKET IN ADVANCE GO TO :

www.wantickets.com

ericmorillokaru.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JustDade

PRESALES = $60

Worth it? $60 cover plus 4 drinks makes it a $150 minimum per person. Guetta at Cameo is $40. Still steep but 33% less than Morillo.....

Guest tres-b
PRESALES = $60

Worth it? $60 cover plus 4 drinks makes it a $150 minimum per person. Guetta at Cameo is $40. Still steep but 33% less than Morillo.....

Guess Cameo knew what they were doing when they set the price.

Just out of curiosity, how much is a Jack and Coke at Karu & Y? $90 for 4 drinks seems a tad high, even for Miami. Is it really $22.50(w/tip) per drink?

Guest JustDade
Guess Cameo knew what they were doing when they set the price.

Just out of curiosity, how much is a Jack and Coke at Karu & Y? $90 for 4 drinks seems a tad high, even for Miami. Is it really $22.50(w/tip) per drink?

I believe that Jack & Coke is $18.

$60 - cover

$72 - 4 Jack & Cokes

$25 - Parking

$20 - tips

$177 - Total

I only mention this because we were having some conversation in another thread about this place wanting to do DJ events but not adjusting their business model for that crowd. The average Morillo fan is used to seeing him at Space where you can get a pre-sale ticket for $30 and drinks for $12 each. I just think they're extremely shortsighted to try to hose music heads with the overpricing. If you're planning to do these types of events, you have to consider the market as well as the fact that local music heads know that Erick is not a rare appearance here like some others and will be back soon

Guest Buck White
60 bucks? 60 BUCKS? PRESALE? What does it cost at the door? 70? 80?

This is a bad bad idea..

Eric's talented, don't get me wrong, but it's his ability to bilk clubs and their patrons out of money that's truly extraordinary.

Guest coach

Uh... Dade, have you ever actually been to K&Y? Or is it just that you don't pay for drinks when there? Their *specialty* drinks are $18. Regular martini is $14. Mixed are $10-$12. Beer, well... I don't drink the horse-piss, but I think it is $9-$14. Their prices are similar to Prive and their quality is 1000% better.

Guest JustDade
Uh... Dade, have you ever actually been to K&Y? Or is it just that you don't pay for drinks when there? Their *specialty* drinks are $18. Regular martini is $14. Mixed are $10-$12. Beer, well... I don't drink the horse-piss, but I think it is $9-$14. Their prices are similar to Prive and their quality is 1000% better.

Coach, I have been there and have paid for drinks. In another thread, (Jojo Flores review), someone posted that they were charged $17.99 for Johnnie Walker on the rocks. I have paid $18 for Patron shots as well. Those are not "specialty" drinks as far as I'm concerned. Maybe you're quoting "well" prices....JW is a call brand as is Patron.

There have always been complaints about the drink prices at their venue on this board. However, let's assume you're right about the prices. That would only reduce the prices I quoted by $16 - $20. It's still going to cost $150 per person to go to this party and have 4 drinks and park. If you don't buy the pre-sales, it's going to be a lot more.

As I said, I think it's a pretty crazy plan when you consider that there are other quality options on that night like Guetta at Cameo. They don't have after-hours and the place holds 600 people max so they have to charge a ton to try and make money. I think they're going to take a beating.

What I was really trying to say is that I'm tired of every club who fails at the VIP thing thinking they can just book a DJ or two and take the "music" crowd without actually appreciating them or catering to them. This is a case of them saying...."We really didn't build this with you in mind. We don't really want you as our base but we don't have anything else. So, we booked this guy you like and we're going to drop our standards for the night but you can't dress like you do when you go to Space. You better be prepared to pay more." It does seem a little wrong.

Guest Floribel

I've never bitched about Karu's drink prices because I like the place and understand I'm paying for a nicer venue and good service. If I dont feel like paying $10 for a beer, I just dont go there that night. But I have always enjoyed myself and the place whenever I go.

That being said, $60, pre-sale mind you, without an afterhours is too steep for me.

Guest tres-b

$60 - cover

$72 - 4 Jack & Cokes

$25 - Parking

$20 - tips

$177 - Total

I only mention this because we were having some conversation in another thread about this place wanting to do DJ events but not adjusting their business model for that crowd. The average Morillo fan is used to seeing him at Space where you can get a pre-sale ticket for $30 and drinks for $12 each. I just think they're extremely shortsighted to try to hose music heads with the overpricing. If you're planning to do these types of events, you have to consider the market as well as the fact that local music heads know that Erick is not a rare appearance here like some others and will be back soon

I understand paying for where you are/exclusivity, but $18 for a Jack and Coke is just insane. Your tally for the night might be on the conservative side!

It will be interesting to see what kind of numbers EM does vs Guetta. I agree that the model for a sucessful DJ event is far different than the normal night at a venue which caters to the "VIP" exclusive crowd.

Guest ICON

I hate to say it but K&Y is going to be massively packed out for EM. Yall are kidding yourselves if you think the night is going to tank. Sure, $18 rum & cokes are rediculous but there are PLENTY of people in this town who love Erick Morillo that dont mind spending money.

Also, you cant compare CAMEO to K&Y... thats like comparing apples to oranges. K&Y know what their capacity is and if they didnt think that they could pull it off then they would have never bothered booking him.

If K&Y has been getting away this entire time of being open with selling over priced drinks.. then what makes you think their regulars wont pay it for a headline dj like Erick Morillo? - Ya'll make no sense saying that it's going to tank.

$60... you are paying to see Erick Morillo in an intimate setting instead of a superclub.

Both events will do well. If I am in town, I will prob find myself going to Erick Morillo over Guetta because I have never been to K&Y and what a great way to check out the club with Erick Morillo.

Guest JustDade

Also, you cant compare CAMEO to K&Y... thats like comparing apples to oranges. K&Y know what their capacity is and if they didnt think that they could pull it off then they would have never bothered booking him.

If K&Y has been getting away this entire time of being open with selling over priced drinks.. then what makes you think their regulars wont pay it for a headline dj like Erick Morillo? - Ya'll make no sense saying that it's going to tank.

Devil's Advocate:

They know what their capacity is but that's about it. Your statement implies that they are quality operators. The truth is that they have lost money there every week since they have opened. Were it not for the owner's deep pockets, they would have closed already. If they knew then what they know now they would never have built the place. Your logic is seriously flawed.

They have few regulars. This event isn't targeted at their regulars. It's targeted at the Space/Cameo crowd who goes to events because of a DJ.

I'm not saying it's going to tank. I am saying that it will lose money.

Guest ICON

I dont give a shit if a club makes or loses money. I dont goto a club to support the club so that they can make money. I go to a club to party and listen to good music. What the club is making behind the scenes is no concern to me whatsoever.

You guys are acting like the club is going to be empty and nobody is going to show up for Erick Morillo which is bullshit in my opinion.

Why people on this board are so worried about clubs making money is beyond me. If they make money, great for them.. if they dont.. then who gives a fuck? It's not your money.

Do you walk into a club seeing it packed out with a great vibe and say to yourself "Damn.. this place is going off!! Im having a great time, but Im really worried to know if the club is making money tonight or not?" - who cares?

Guest swank

POD! I beg of you....PLEASE bring back the [rolling eyes emoticon].... :rolleyes:

Why some people are so worried about everyone else's drink prices and bottom line is beyond me... [insert rolling eyes emoticon] LOL

Guest tekniQz

Im sorry i've never said anything like this before on Cooljunkie but if you think that Erick Morillo @ K&Y will tank then you are an idiot.

Plus im sorry to say but Guetta has never impressed me for one second.If anyone of you was at Space to see Guetta during last years WMC @the Subliminal sessions party and you still think Guetta is that good then you are on more drugs than Anna Nicole and Chong.

The guy played "smack my bitch up" during last years WMC.Horrible mixing coupled with the worst track selection that i have ever herd being as famous as he is.Guetta's set last year was by far one the worst sets i have ever seen at WMC.

It's his wife's excellent marketing and a couple tracks that he produced that made him famous not his djing.

He's still riding his success from WMC 2 years ago for his Fuck Me im Famous party.Everyone i spoke to about this years FMIF party said it had lots of hot chicks but the music sucked.

Morillo always delivers!

Why go to a party that the music isnt as good??IMO.

Morillo in Miami???

NO QUESTION.

Guest mande

Has anyone mentioned the super duper added bonus that Karu & Y added to the party: BEHROUZZZZZZZZZ :) :)

He will be in the other room doing a Pure Behrouz show while Erick is in the main room. .Can't get any betta than this.. Morillo + Behrouz = One hot, musically blissful night.. Their show in Ibiza at Pacha over the summer was THE BEST SHOW of the summer for me so I recommend you guys making it to this party :)

Guest ICON
Has anyone mentioned the super duper added bonus that Karu & Y added to the party: BEHROUZZZZZZZZZ :) :)

He will be in the other room doing a Pure Behrouz show while Erick is in the main room. .Can't get any betta than this.. Morillo + Behrouz = One hot, musically blissful night.. Their show in Ibiza at Pacha over the summer was THE BEST SHOW of the summer for me so I recommend you guys making it to this party :)

that just puts the icing on the cake.. The Monday morning Quarterbacks and haters really cant come up with a comeback to that statement.

Guest Eidur_Johannsson

I just clicked on the wantickets banner, there's been almost 600 hits for a show that's not for a month and a half.... I think they'll be alright.

Do the math peeps.

600 person capacity, the Behrouz part of this is meaningless that vip part of the club is tiny. Also adds to the cost, which makes no sense.

EM is getting like 50k thus that's an avg tix price of 83 bucks! No way in hell will this make money. Can't wait for peeps to show up to the door and they ask for 90 bucks.. lol

Forget all that for a second, who pays 60 bucks to hear a dj that plays here 2394854985 times a year???

I saw DMB for under 60 bucks!

Guest eroc0411

1. I really dig the flier.

2. In a previous thread we talked about bottle service... seems like thats the way to go on this one.

3. Morillo has played miami less then 10 times in the past 2yrs. Not the 474883839

4. I'm going to see guetta not for djing skills but for the hot euro trash chicks!! plus its half the price. Even though i know I'm gonna regret not seeing morillo!!

5. justdade. Space charges $60 for morillo also, and i'm not even talking WMC, his February appearance. I know i was there, thank god for the ticket scalper! Mansion charges $60 + $200 extra bottle service fee.

6. And oddly enough the beer at Karu is $8.00