Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Cooljunkie Closed??

Guest MARK IVAN

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yume

I got a sneak peak at what the new Cooljunkie looks like, and was pretty impressed. Super slick.

I think it's still going to take some time before they get it ready for launch though. Hang in there. :)

Guest Philip
I got a sneak peak at what the new Cooljunkie looks like, and was pretty impressed. Super slick.

I think it's still going to take some time before they get it ready for launch though. Hang in there. :)

translation:

Cooljunkie administration can't fulfill their promise of having a "super slick" site by February

Changes have been made already to the site, but yes, look for February for more...

they knew an administrator breaking the news would be greeted with high levels of disdain

they asked Yume to beg us to stay

Guest DaVe
translation:

Cooljunkie administration can't fulfill their promise of having a "super slick" site by February

they knew an administrator breaking the news would be greeted with high levels of disdain

In February, not "by February." We're working hard on it. Thanks.

translation:

jeez, philip, you're more negative than mr. negativity.

Guest Philip
In February, not "by February." We're working hard on it. Thanks.

by February, by the end of February... its all very confusing

point being there are two weeks till the first of March and with posts like

im guessing CJ is holding nothing more than two pair

could be wrong here, and hopefully I am, but if February 29th rolls around and we see the search box change colors and move to the left side... im calling vaporware

Guest Marina22
I liked having the party announcements together as well, instead of a sub-forum,

made for a more entertaining forum.

Amado

www.djAmado.us

I agree, I haven't been posting or gone to the other place.. Kinda uninspiring all together. Miss the old banter, the Sobebeats boys, and even pod. I guess time or conference will tell?

Guest sl33pl3ss
cj might not be closed, but its dead. just like CP is now.

So true. Seems like when the "industry people" jumped ship, Cj has slowed down some what.

Also the galleries are not quality as they use to be. Anyone can be a photographer nowadays by buying a point a shoot or a SLR, but it doesn't mean they have talent to shoot. Just the same way a stay at home mom buys photshop and all of a sudden opens up shop for graphic design. Cp miami galleries are horrible. They have gone the way of too nite dot com. Is it necessary to put 100 pictures of a party. Is it necessary to put up 3 pictures of the same girls? Cj galleries are headed that way with the typical "posing" picture. Bottom line, you get what you pay for.

Guest chipi_theGaT
So true. Seems like when the "industry people" jumped ship, Cj has slowed down some what.

Also the galleries are not quality as they use to be. Anyone can be a photographer nowadays by buying a point a shoot or a SLR, but it doesn't mean they have talent to shoot. Just the same way a stay at home mom buys photshop and all of a sudden opens up shop for graphic design. Cp miami galleries are horrible. They have gone the way of too nite dot com. Is it necessary to put 100 pictures of a party. Is it necessary to put up 3 pictures of the same girls? Cj galleries are headed that way with the typical "posing" picture. Bottom line, you get what you pay for.

Too many photos? That's definitely a new one. If I could I'd throw up 300 shots of a party, if they were all good. It's about documenting the culture through images, not about limiting the outsiders view to what goes on here.

It's my goal and the goal of the CJ family that we give everyone space on the site. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a little trigger happy, but the editing process slims the photos in our galleries down significantly and by the time it goes live, there shouldn't be more than two or three images of the same people. If there are, maybe it was a slow night, or maybe there's something special about that shot that helped it make the cut.

It's not my hope or the hope of anyone on this staff to show favoritism or to bore you. If there's something you want to see that isn't being covered or if you have some constructive commentary that can help us to improve, I am always open to helpful and well intentioned suggestions.

Remember, this is a community. As free as we would like you to be to stage your complaints and voice your concerns, keep it cool in here. It's just a virtual conversation.

Guest DaVe
translation:

Just so you would be the first to know, we're not going to have the new site out for March 1st, but we're working on it and should have it out soon!

Guest Philip
Just so you would be the first to know, we're not going to have the new site out for March 1st, but we're working on it and should have it out soon!

so basically i was right all along...

anyway, best of luck with it

Guest JustDade

Well......I was willing to wait and see what happened. It looks like nothing has and nothing will. It's clear that there is no traffic here. No traffic means no ads means no revenue means no money means bye bye.

I'll be the first to say that "the other site" isn't the most exciting thing on the web. However, there is, at least, the possibility of an interresting conversation about something. There are several threads going where people like Oscar G are offering their opinions on controversial topics. This is just sad.........there is nothing here to even interest the most vapid of reader.

Dave, Diego and whomever else was supposed to re-vitalize this site have clearly failed to do so and to think that they could do it now is just nonsense. Everything they told us was going to happen was crap. They have offerred nothing but excuses. LAME!

Guest Mr. Negativity
Well......I was willing to wait and see what happened. It looks like nothing has and nothing will. It's clear that there is no traffic here. No traffic means no ads means no revenue means no money means bye bye.

I'll be the first to say that "the other site" isn't the most exciting thing on the web. However, there is, at least, the possibility of an interresting conversation about something. There are several threads going where people like Oscar G are offering their opinions on controversial topics. This is just sad.........there is nothing here to even interest the most vapid of reader.

Dave, Diego and whomever else was supposed to re-vitalize this site have clearly failed to do so and to think that they could do it now is just nonsense. Everything they told us was going to happen was crap. They have offerred nothing but excuses. LAME!

Yeah... I hear you, man This site is about as vibrant as the old man neighbor from Family Guy.

Guest mr.miami

Its a message board. You shouldnt expect too much. There is only so much you can do to improve the format. On the plus side I'm glad the pictures don't all have the same 5 people that they used to have a few months back.

Guest ICON

i know the initial relaunch of the site was supposed to be in Feb... but i think this flyer gives people hope! the all-new cooljunkie.com official relaunch party

launch_flyer.jpg

Guest xbbdc
wow this new look sucks. can u say cp??? barf

glad im not the only who think its ghey.

maybe they shouldve read the thread by adamsinger about how websites kill themselves. this is like the last nail in the coffin.

its 2 "bright" for me.. anyway to change the color scheme?

Guest Seb
i rather get kicked in the nuts then post here

but you just did, I'm confused Bling what are you telling us?

Guest Devilicious

A message board is only as interesting as its users, and since many of the most outspoken members have either been banned or choose not to post here, the overall quality and volume of threads has suffered.

/First visit to cj in months