Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Cooljunkie Closed??

Guest MARK IVAN

Guest JustDade

Well....I waited to see what they would come up with. Is this it? I looked through the main site as well as the forums. It's the same thing just re-organized.....I think. New motto..."All things truly Cool"....OK. Am I missing something. When do all the new pwoplw get here? Wasn't there a big launch party? Isn't this supposed to be a place for vibrant discussion starting today? Tomorrow? Next week?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ICON
Well....I waited to see what they would come up with. Is this it? I looked through the main site as well as the forums. It's the same thing just re-organized.....I think. New motto..."All things truly Cool"....OK. Am I missing something. When do all the new pwoplw get here? Wasn't there a big launch party? Isn't this supposed to be a place for vibrant discussion starting today? Tomorrow? Next week?

I think you are being a little harsh on them Dade. The site has transformed from an old, outdated Web 1.0 look to a slick, cutting-edge web 2.0 look. People are entitled to their own opinion, but IMO this new look is a lot times better.

Sure, the forums are lacking substance, but maybe they can make that up with more articles, interviews, photos, Music reviews, etc that will get people back onto this website.

Just my 2 cents.

Guest xbbdc
I think you are being a little harsh on them Dade. The site has transformed from an old, outdated Web 1.0 look to a slick, cutting-edge web 2.0 look. People are entitled to their own opinion, but IMO this new look is a lot times better.

Sure, the forums are lacking substance, but maybe they can make that up with more articles, interviews, photos, Music reviews, etc that will get people back onto this website.

Just my 2 cents.

he was getting at the fact that there isn't new content, just a new look.

Guest ICON
he was getting at the fact that there isn't new content, just a new look.

Im sure that will all come down the road. If you know anythign about web development... you work on the template first... then once everything is developed then you work on content.

Guest xbbdc
Im sure that will all come down the road. If you know anythign about web development... you work on the template first... then once everything is developed then you work on content.

oh i know.. i work next to the web developers in my company :)

however, sometimes both is done at the same time, which is what we did when we revamped our company site.

btw, this new forum software doesnt display well in firefox when replying to messages. i can take a screenshot and send to whoever needs to be notified.

Guest ICON

im not sticking up for CJ in anyways.. i dont care what they put on here... im just saying that it launched what? 2 days ago and people are bickering about not having enough content.

The thing that makes me laugh is when people talk about how bad the forums suck... Anybody with common sense knows that a communuity is built off the users.

Im just saying.. give it time, im sure things will work out for the better for CJ. Just in one day, I have noticed a huge improvemt on the forums.. Yesterday the foums were all white.. today each thread/post has a shade to it which makes it easier to read... Let em work that technical shit out before bitching about content.

Guest JustDade

Icon - I don't think I'm being harsh at all. I simply asked where the beef is. You say that we have to give them time and the re-design should be enough for now. I disagree. They took time and scheduled their re-launch for last Saturday. Now you're saying tghey weren't ready? Why not? What if I opened a club and launched it without booze? Would you tell people that they should wait......upgrades are coming?

I wasn't being harsh. I was simply pointing out that changing the colors of the site won't do much toward getting traffic into the site. It won't do much to revitalize the conversation. What I really don't understand is why they would choose to re-launch with a party at Space. The idea of a launch is supposed to be to generate excitement and interest in the product. How was that supposed to be achieved with that party? Was there someone there handing out information about the site? Was there any effort to sign people up for the site? Is that really the place to find people who would help breathe new life into CJ? I think not.

I, personally, don't care what the site looks like if it has useful information or is entertaining. This site at the moment is neither. Isn't it telling that the most viewed and only really active topic on the page is one that asks if CJ is closed?

Guest Mr. Negativity
...I simply asked where the beef is...

Theres a massive recall; didn't you get the memo?

Guest Philip
could be wrong here, and hopefully I am, but if February 29th rolls around and we see the search box change colors and move to the left side... im calling vaporware

am i a fortune teller or what

Guest LISALOCA

Cool Junkie has been around for SOOOO long. It gets old just like everything else. Alot of the older members grew out of it and visit the site once in a while. You just have to spread the word.

Guest LISALOCA

I heard management did some F&%^*$ up shit to one of the CJ members. Thats why everyone left and this place is deserted..I wish CJ luck in the future. xoxo

Guest DaVe
oh i know.. i work next to the web developers in my company :)

however, sometimes both is done at the same time, which is what we did when we revamped our company site.

btw, this new forum software doesnt display well in firefox when replying to messages. i can take a screenshot and send to whoever needs to be notified.

We're still working on some bugs in the forum with FireFox. Should have those sorted out in a day or two.

If anyone wants the old look,

Go to: "User Contro Planel -> Edit Options"

Under "Miscellaneous Options" at the bottom, in the "Forum Skin" section, slect "CJ Retro" as your new style.

Click "Save Changes"

----

Rochambeau!

Guest ICON
I heard management did some F&%^*$ up shit to one of the CJ members. Thats why everyone left and this place is deserted..I wish CJ luck in the future. xoxo

u gotta remember.. there are always two sides to every story.

Guest Mr. Negativity
am i a fortune teller or what

Ok...ok... you can give yourself a pat on the back...

Cause no one else gives a flying fuck.

Guest JustDade
We're still working on some bugs in the forum with FireFox. Should have those sorted out in a day or two.

If anyone wants the old look,

Go to: "User Contro Planel -> Edit Options"

Under "Miscellaneous Options" at the bottom, in the "Forum Skin" section, slect "CJ Retro" as your new style.

Click "Save Changes"

----

Rochambeau!

So you roll out the new CJ and then tell people to re-activate the old settings. What you're saying is that the only thing that has changed is the colors. Now I can reset my preferences and get back to having nothing of interest to read in two formats. Gee, thanks so much. Everything is great now.

Guest DaVe
So you roll out the new CJ and then tell people to re-activate the old settings. What you're saying is that the only thing that has changed is the colors. Now I can reset my preferences and get back to having nothing of interest to read in two formats. Gee, thanks so much. Everything is great now.

We fixed all the bugs, but some people are resistant to change, so we're giving them the option of having the "CJ Retro" look. They do not have to re-activate the old look, that is a personal preference.

Guest JustDade
We fixed all the bugs, but some people are resistant to change, so we're giving them the option of having the "CJ Retro" look. They do not have to re-activate the old look, that is a personal preference.

Dave - Let's be serious about this. You know as well as I do that changing the look of the forums and main page is not what this site needs nor will it help to increase traffic, stimulate debate or grow revenues. What are your plans for those things? Why do you keep answering only selective comments that relate to the look of the site but ignore the giant elephant in the virtual room?

Guest DaVe
Dave - Let's be serious about this. You know as well as I do that changing the look of the forums and main page is not what this site needs nor will it help to increase traffic, stimulate debate or grow revenues. What are your plans for those things? Why do you keep answering only selective comments that relate to the look of the site but ignore the giant elephant in the virtual room?

My primary focus has been on the new site design and features, and that is still keeping me busy. I am also not responsible for the day-to-day operations of the site, or the vision for the future of CoolJunkie. I will ask others who are in a more appropriate position to comment on that.

Guest Mr. Negativity
My primary focus has been on the new site design and features, and that is still keeping me busy. I am also not responsible for the day-to-day operations of the site, or the vision for the future of CoolJunkie. I will ask others who are in a more appropriate position to comment on that.

Can we have a sex forum?

Guest JustDade

How long do you think that'll take?

Guest JustDade

Still waiting.........

DaVe, This person who is supposed to be responsible for the future direction of CJ; who might that be? Do you have their contact information? I was just thinking that since you said you would get them to respond to these questions, it might be good if it was an actual person rather than someone you imagined as seems to be the case.

Guest djjoncowan

the new person in charge is a longstanding local promoter who has worked for or with just about every large edm club and promoter in this city... top guy with top contacts and vision... I am sure he'll step forward when he's ready and I for one feel that CJ will be back on top once this guy gets set with his vision and with his ways... I think you'll all be happy with the new CJ local director... I am sure he'll chine in soon

Guest JustDade
the new person in charge is a longstanding local promoter who has worked for or with just about every large edm club and promoter in this city... top guy with top contacts and vision... I am sure he'll step forward when he's ready and I for one feel that CJ will be back on top once this guy gets set with his vision and with his ways... I think you'll all be happy with the new CJ local director... I am sure he'll chine in soon

No offense, Jon but.....BLAH BLAH BLAH

Guest djjoncowan
No offense, Jon but.....BLAH BLAH BLAH

its actually a good friend of ours dade who is now in charge... I am surprised you don't know who it is yet.... anyways, your right - blah blah blah until we see results... you coming out for WMC week dade? love to see ya -send my regards to the wife

J

Guest JustDade
its actually a good friend of ours dade who is now in charge... I am surprised you don't know who it is yet.... anyways, your right - blah blah blah until we see results... you coming out for WMC week dade? love to see ya -send my regards to the wife

J

Is it still Diego in charge or has that changed already as well? Don't believe the hype, Jon. These sites are about community and there is none here.

I'll be by Shine for a couple of gigs. I promised NW I would stop in and see him so that's for sure. I have nothing going on this year except having fun so be prepared.