Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"official" meetup thread

back2basics-

Ok we seem to be all over here..

So let's get this thing sorted.

If we could do it next week, when my tummy has recovered i would be greatfull as i want to meet you all.

So where?

Club or Bar, i think we should maybe meetup in a Bar at least before a club so we can talk a little. On the NY board they have a dinner meetup but i really don't care.

Next thing anybody got any great idea's for where?

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim, you're in the burbs, really? Your thing says Chicago.

B2B, I don't know if you remember, we met last year at Crobar's Interactive Saturdays 5th anniversary through Miss Moneypenny. I was in polynesian theme with maori markings.

What's everyone doing on the 31st? sorry but weekdays aren't good for my wife and I to go partyin.

Der

Originally posted by back2basics-:

So wheres teh margarita place Me Casa Su casa?

Nah, although I'd like to check that out.

Super potent margaritas @ El Jardin on clark about 3200 north. My girlfriend and I go there about once a week and get pissed. The wait staff is really cool and they get a variety of clientele. It's really relaxed.

I'm down for whatever although we definitely always leave there w/ a smile.

------------------

wombat3.gif

Originally posted by wombat:

Nah, although I'd like to check that out.

Super potent margaritas @ El Jardin on clark about 3200 north. My girlfriend and I go there about once a week and get pissed. The wait staff is really cool and they get a variety of clientele. It's really relaxed.

I'm down for whatever although we definitely always leave there w/ a smile.

What's the food like?

Actually let's get a concensus on what food first that may help.

If anybody who lives in the burbs needs a floor/sofa to sleep on let me know.

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Whoops, I guess I got carried away thinking about the margaritas. The food is quality if you dig mexican. But to tell you the truth I never really get a chance to get deep into my meal whem I'm there. I just bullshit, nibble, smoke butts and have drinks. cwm1.gif

------------------

wombat3.gif

[This message has been edited by wombat (edited 03-21-2001).]

Kim,

Where in Glenn Ellyn? I share a house in Lombard right off of main. So everyone is finally going to meet up>>? it's about time. On the 31st at the margarita place.. what time? And where r we going afterwards?

------------------

embot.gif

Originally posted by der:

Kim, you're in the burbs, really? Your thing says Chicago.

B2B, I don't know if you remember, we met last year at Crobar's Interactive Saturdays 5th anniversary through Miss Moneypenny. I was in polynesian theme with maori markings.

What's everyone doing on the 31st? sorry but weekdays aren't good for my wife and I to go partyin.7

Der

Shit yeah, your gettup was phat!! How long did that take?

So anytime is good for me, somewhere in the city ideally. But yeah somewhere casual, before a club works for me as well.

31st sound good to me, what does everybody else think?

------------------

b2b6.GIF

hey folks, My plug is for Crobar that night cuz it's gonna be an ALOHA hype night with all my clubbing friends and the cro-board junkies.

It'll be Psychobitch and Teri on the main floor with Dano and Tracy (Angelist) in the mezzanine. B2B and wombat, you would love hearing Tracy spin, she's been putting in a lot more breaks into her sets lately. I barely left the mez on my last visit..

<A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">

Guestlist</A> is available on their site too: www.crobarnightclub.com

Der

Crobar is fine.. otherwise Ken Ishii is spinning at RedNo5, but like someone said, it'll be packed at almost every place.

So where is this Mexican place? And more importantly, are their margaritas as good as Fronteras'.

Getting hammered on Tequila and Mezcals is a fine art.

Hey if they don't have a high corkage at the resterant i could introduce you all to Vodka, Redbull and Champagne.. better that margarita's for getting you there and keeping you there.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

So we are all meeting up on the 31st? Where and what time? and then we are going to Crobar... we need to get these places and times straight... Lets say the Margarita place at about 8? and then we will go from there. Where exactly is this margarita joint???

------------------

embot.gif

Originally posted by wombat:

VRC's eh, that could work.

What does high corkage mean?

Just because in these places Champagne cost a fortune. So if you take it in the charge a corkage so you can drink it in there. Usually works out cheaper. I get Moet for about $25 a bottle, you get 5 VCR's out of it.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

That sounds cool to me. I've never heard Tracy mix yet.

Pretty much everywhere we go on a sat. night is going to have tight dancing space. We just have to make our own room. We gotta throw a party, get space, just enough heads.

------------------

wombat3.gif