Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where should I start?

bouncyboy

Thanks! I heard that circus was pretty good too. Is that true? What is The Drink like?

------------------

siren.jpg

"No further evidence is needed to show that "mental illness" is not the name of a biological

condition whose nature awaits to be elucidated, but is the name of a concept whose purpose is

to obscure the obvious."

Originally posted by beroshima:

Avoid the Drink or Circus. Neither of them have quality music and are full of tourist and suburban types.

[This message has been edited by beroshima (edited 05-14-2001).]

-I second that! -CB

------------------

Martini-01.gif

"There's always an ounce of pub wisdom in every drink that I serve."-CB

I can vouch for that too, don't go near those. Along with RedNoFive and Crobar you might want to check out Rive Gauche. It's a decent crowd and can be fun. It's not hardcore but people are dancing and it's pretty popular.

------------------

"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from."

-T. S. Eliot, "Four Quartets"

Rive Gauche is a defenate if you go on Friday, the staff is awesome and you can put your name on the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> at www.rivegauchenightclub.com, it's also one of the best club websites I've seen yet. But totally stay away from Circus, rude staff, lame music, lame crowd, the place was happening about a year ago, but it faded, and the drink, two words, HELL and NO...

------------------

buzzy_mad_md_wht.gif

Well, hang on, let's find out what you like??? Do you like hard hitting music? Housey up beat music? What kind of crowd do you like? Really packed? Or room to dance? What kind of scene? Upper class, free spirted people?

Cause I mean you may LOVE Circus, it all depends on what kinda environment you want.

------------------

0b32d3c0.gif Life is only complicated because you make it so. Remember what it was like to live carefree - and live that way again!

I love progressive house music and I don't mind crowded places. I don't want anyplace that is too small or full of snotty people. I love meeting people and I want to dance my ass off and have a good time.

------------------

siren.jpg

"No further evidence is needed to show that "mental illness" is not the name of a biological

condition whose nature awaits to be elucidated, but is the name of a concept whose purpose is

to obscure the obvious."

Like I said above, stay away from Circus, if you like progressive you'll like Rive Gauche. Kim, you won't even go to Circus, it's lame as hell now. Zentra is even a good place as long as you hang upstairs, there is always plenty of room to dance up there, and it's always free to get in, <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> only, send an email to Zentranightclub@aol.com and give them the names of all the people in your group and it's free cover all night. Nocturnal can also be pretty good, but it's over priced. Top two recommendations Rive Gauche and Zentra..

------------------

buzzy_mad_md_wht.gif

I will finally be turning 21 in a little over a month. What clubs should I check out first?

------------------

siren.jpg

to obscure the obvious."

I am very exicted 4 you. Happy 21st B-day. When exactly is it? Anyway, I recommend RedNo5 on Saturday nights. They have been bringin the most unbelievable line-ups here to Chicago. House is also spinnig alnight upstairs at the Fifth Floor. Smart Bar also has been throwing down some good house on Saturdays. Hope your 21st is a blast. Be careful!

------------------

BirdJ.jpg