Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saturday Night?

bouncyboy

We could always take a chance and check this out????

Club Dream “California’s Largest Nightclub Experience Comes To Chicago”

Club Dream will once a month bring the West Coast Club Scene to Chicago. Immerse yourself in elaborate monthly themes as the Park West Theater is transformed into Chicago’s Largest Nightclub featuring an unbelievable stage show complete with go-go dancers, 75,000 watts of lighting, 30 video screens, 7 full bars, 5 tiered levels and pulsating music spun by world-class DJs on a concert quality sound system. Our California events have been featured by MTV and E ntertainment and now we are bringing the party to Chicago once every month. This is promised to be an event unlike anything you have seen before!

Date: Saturday June 9th

Theme: “White Out”

Dress: Dress in Theme: Wear White and Glow in Our Blacklit Wonderland!

Location: Park West – 322 W. Armitage (Armitage at Clark / Lincoln

Park)

Time: 9PM-3AM

DJs: Xaavier Temple & Chris Gin

Plus special guest DJ Ryan Somers (L.A., San Diego, Las Vegas)

Info: (312) 216-CLUB

no :no no .metropolisproductions.com/

Hell ya, B's got that right. She said she's in the mood to dance so let's go dance. I still haven't been to Crobar and I noticed Diesel wants to head there on Saturday. I'd be up for that, or anything else for that matter.

------------------

"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

Ernie Vega at redno5 too on Sat. Can't do anything that night without missing 2 other great events.

I know a lot of people plan on going to the whiteout thing. As for crobar saturdays. They're fukken nuts dude. It's great to be off your nut, meet a bunch of people that are so social. There's no vibe like that anywhere else. Downside is there's no crowd like that either. It becomes a real chore to get anywhere when it's so packed. It's a love and hate thing w/ Crobar. It just depends on my "mood."

The main floor is real hard w/ Teri and Psycho spinning house. With them on the stage, it's gonna be even more packed in the rest of the club. There's always the mez though which is more open and always has room to dance up there.

Who spins at transit on sat's? is it John Curley? I've been meaning to see him there for a while.

Transit saturdays is usually

John Curley

Chris Somer

and special guests, this past weekend it was sean cusick, and it was off the hook

last weekend was D:Fuse it sucked.

The place is just unreal, it's huge and it's loud with awesome lighting. Plus Medusa is promoting saturdays now. Der you should defenately check it out. And you can get on the list for free cover before 11 by sending an email to Kelly@transit-usa.com

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

Hey everyone...I just got here from New York so I'm *very* not in with the Chicago scene. Got any tips on places that are usually good? And even better, on places that spin trance every once in awhile? Thanks a bunch

Trance is pretty hard to find in Chicago, you have to keep your ears open for shows at House Of Blues or the Aragon or Metro. Your best bet for trance on a semi regular basis is RedNoFive... go to www.purefuture.com to see the upcoming DJ's. The best nights are usually thursdays, that's when they bring in the international talent.

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

As far as Crobar.. if last weekend was any indication, do NOT go if you want any room to dance or generally move..

I'm curious to see what DJ Transit will showcase this weekend.. Curley might be worth checking out, if he decides not to spin Delerium/Sarah Mclachlan again.. his opening for JJ at RedNo5 last Thursday was great.

The "Club Dream" thing.. hmmm.. sounds interesting but I find it hard to shell out $20 these days for something that only goes until 2:30AM.. any opinions?

I might have to agree with Tranceaction on that last statement. I'm still the Newbie around here though so I'll go for whatever and I'm sure my friend will too. I have to admit though, Transit was a great place. Just like Bouncy said, good space, excellent sounds, and better lighting.

Hopefully we can get most everyone to agree on one place and head wherever that may be.

------------------

"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

[This message has been edited by bmitch1114 (edited 06-05-2001).]

Crobar is way too crowded on saturdays. I recommend staying away from there. Especially if you plan on dancing. There is no room in there to dance. I was loving transit, good music and plenty of room to dance even though there was a good size croud. Maybe we should head there again saturday??

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

The "Club Dream" thing wreaks of pure MTV & E-Channel cheese.. I'd clash during the whole white-out thing, so I'm gonna stay away..

Transit seems like a decent choice, you peeps had a blast last time.. although Sean Cusick is a lot better than Curley/etc.. so who knows what it'll be like this weekend.. again early closes are an issue here..

Crobar will be a packed insane madhouse again this weekend, impossible to move, but the tremendous energy in that place is unparalleled..

I would even be willing to check out that new place "Chromium" just to say I was there.. (Teri Bristol is there Friday, dont know if its even open on Saturday or who's spinning).

Rive Gauche has Andre Solaris on Saturday.. I've never heard him live so I cant comment there.. but his sets on the radio seemed decent enough.. although some people hated his Aura sets.

Can anyone get a late night guestli5t for Crobar? We could check out Transit or some other early (free) spot and hit Crobar after 2:30AM when it should have thinned out a bit..I used to have a connection there but he no longer works there.

Well you can email dj1psycho@aol.com to get on the ten dollar list for after like 1, I think it is from 11-3. That is usually what I do.

------------------

0b32d3c0.gif Life is only complicated because you make it so. Remember what it was like to live carefree - and live that way again!

It is confirmed, saturday at Transit will be

John Curley

Mark Buxton

and Jernell Geronimo in the Blue Room. Hope to see a bunch of you there, and for those that aren't coming to Transit or Crobar, see you next time.

------------------

b_md_wht.gif