Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DC?

mr.sick

hey... DC doesn't suck. We have VelvetNation on Saturdays and Zei Club on Fridays. You guys should come down to DC and try VelvetNations. http://www.velvetnations.com It has very nice light shows, really good sound system and some of the best trance I've ever heard. This place only comes second to NY. Also, we just don't go on message boards too often. Try this website also. http://www.dcnites.com wink.gif

Haven't been there in a longtime but the last time I went the crowd is late 20s to thirty somethings. Music was pretty good. Upstairs, a live jazz band. One the dance floor they had some sort of trippy acid jazz. Great place to go with a bunch of friends to lounge and chat.

Thievery Corporation do sometimes still appear at ESL but not often. good place to hang out and people watch - or try Dragonfly across the street - for ambient drum&bass, good sushi, killer drinks, white everything in decor, black everything in clothing. The nearest thing DC has to a New York or San Francisco bar.

As for Nation it IS the best place to go - Friday nights are raverkid mostly, but with some big name DJs - Carl Cox, Paul van Dyk, Tall Paul, Terry Mullan have all been there recently - Saturday velvet nation is mostly a gay crowd and definitely a great night out. 19 & over; and finally, finally they've found a Red Bull supplier..... biggrin.gif

Why would you say that? DC has a good scene

with significant DJs coming. In the

past few months we have had

Dave Ralph

Taucher

George Acosta

Kimball Collins

all spin in DC...what else are you

looking for that you cannot find?

Originally posted by mr.sick:

Wow. Judging by this messageboard, DC must suck. I'm the first one to post a topic in almost a month.

• 3 weeks later...

YEAH IT SUCKS HERE. BACK IN THE DAY WAS TRACKS IN DC AND FEVER IN B-MORE. NOW IT JUST SUCKS. I'VE BEEN TO ALL OF THEM AND THE ARE SO WEAK. ELEMENT HAD A GOOD RUN TIL IT GOT THAT EXPOSE' ON TV. NOW IT ALL SUCKS . . . THAT'S WHY I GO TO NYC ONCE A MONTH!

DC SUCKS. Yeah, they have a great DJ come in once every month or two, but that still can't make up for the fact that the rest of the time its just Lame!

------------------

"...I'm going to show them a world, without you. A world without rules and

controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is the choice I leave to you." -THE MATRIX

DC's pretty cool...in fact, like someone mentioned prolly only second to NYC on the East coast. Clubwise you have Glow at Zei club (every other Sat?), Sting/Buzz at Nation every Friday, Velvet nation every Sat, and now I hear that the Limelight crew is going to start spinnin at Platinum on Saturdays (though the crowd isn't too great).

Some recent DJs at Buzz:

Tall Paul, Timo Maas, Dave Ralph, Kimball Collins, Terry Mullan, Donald Glaude, Frankie Bones, Keoki, etc

Also, Taucher and George Acosta at Glow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey I have a suggestion for all you bored DC heads. We don't you guys all get together and smoke a gotti by the monuments. Then when you're lifted go drive through that tunnel with the really bright yellow lights.

------------------

I can stop whenever I want.

• 2 years later...
Originally posted by eggmok

YEAH IT SUCKS HERE. BACK IN THE DAY WAS TRACKS IN DC AND FEVER IN B-MORE. NOW IT JUST SUCKS. I'VE BEEN TO ALL OF THEM AND THE ARE SO WEAK. ELEMENT HAD A GOOD RUN TIL IT GOT THAT EXPOSE' ON TV. NOW IT ALL SUCKS . . . THAT'S WHY I GO TO NYC ONCE A MONTH!

Yeah, DC sucks.

Originally posted by raver_mania

DC's pretty cool...in fact, like someone mentioned prolly only second to NYC on the East coast. Clubwise you have Glow at Zei club (every other Sat?), Sting/Buzz at Nation every Friday, Velvet nation every Sat, and now I hear that the Limelight crew is going to start spinnin at Platinum on Saturdays (though the crowd isn't too great).

Some recent DJs at Buzz:

Tall Paul, Timo Maas, Dave Ralph, Kimball Collins, Terry Mullan, Donald Glaude, Frankie Bones, Keoki, etc

Also, Taucher and George Acosta at Glow.

buzz is in B'more now. code has nation on fridays. however, in DC you still have the DC skillz parties at the tunnel, and a few other assorted small parties going on. you just have to look for them.

Originally posted by Buddafly21

buzz is in B'more now. code has nation on fridays. however, in DC you still have the DC skillz parties at the tunnel, and a few other assorted small parties going on. you just have to look for them.

um, this thread is 3 years old :laugh: :laugh:

> Hey I have a suggestion for all you bored DC heads. We don't you guys all get together and smoke a gotti by the monuments. Then when you're lifted go drive through that tunnel with the really bright yellow lights.

Seriously, whats it like living in Alabama? cool clubs there?

Originally posted by Sapexec

> Hey I have a suggestion for all you bored DC heads. We don't you guys all get together and smoke a gotti by the monuments. Then when you're lifted go drive through that tunnel with the really bright yellow lights.

Seriously, whats it like living in Alabama? cool clubs there?

you didnt read the thread now did you? ots almost 3 years old. :rolleyes: