Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need help for nights out in dc......

spillway8

the nation(buzz) is one of them on friday nights from 8 till 6 usually, ive been there once. its diffinetly cool a rave club, good vibe, good dj's. theres also 5, which i havent got a chance to hit that up---i heard its a good club. hhhhhhhmmmmm...a lot of my friends from maryland go to the edge, never went there but i heard its ok. raver-mania diffinetly knows more then i do.

Nothing compares to Twilo or any other club in NYC so don't expect to much, especially from the crowd, but check out 5, Nation (though its in a shady part of town) and Club Space (next to MCI Center). Haven't been to Space yet, but I know it used to have a nice set-up (when it used to be Club Element). Good luck and let us know where you head to.

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"Everything is sweetened by Risk."

snoopy.gif

Everybody's pretty much named all the clubs. Nation(Fri & Sats), 5 (Fri & Sats), The Edge, Space, Glow@Zei club (Sats)...

These clubs play good music...Buzz@Nation is by far the best in terms of music and venue...they bring in international talent every Friday...this week: Timo Maas, Leon Alexander, Max Graham et al. 5 also brings in good DJs certain Sats (eg Sandra Collins last Sat)..though the vibe isn't nearly as good as at Nation or Twilo. Also this Sat, Taucher is spinning at Zei Club.

Carrie - he did say Spa & Twilo & Avalon...if he likes Twilo & Avalon he's sure to like Buzz (though slightly younger crowd).

Question is ...are you in it to dance your ass off to world-class music, and enjoy the vibe, or are you there for the scene, people watching, strict dress code, etc?

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Carrie - I haven't been to 18th or DragonFly in a long while, but I go to 5 almost every Sat. Do you hang at any other places?

You might have seen me around...I've posted my pic on the website...

btw, clubplanet has a photo gallery: http://bbs.clubplanet.com/photos

------------------

Nietzche

[This message has been edited by raver_mania (edited 12-13-2000).]

Ah, whats the cold??? It just makes you feel warmer once you get inside smile.gif!

You come to Baltimore? I live in Baltimore, but I haven't gone out here in about 5 or so months - can you believe that!! I'm always in DC or NYC (just cuz my friends are there). Never been to Good Love but hear its a nice spot..been to Spot, Fell's Point and 1722 (plus random bars here and there). IMO, cannot compare to the DC scene. Anyway, I don't really know anyone here to go out with anymore.

Hey, if you're interested I'm trying to get a dinner meet-up thing going (see my thread "Idea...") in DC. Would you be interested...I mean, if they can do it in NYC, we can do it here!

------------------

Nietzche

Actually, I just re-read my statement about DC being better and it struck me as slightly snobby..sorry didn't mean it to come across like that. I guess I just like the crowd and scene in DC better...

Your friend does Enigma?? Is it a she? The reason I ask is cuz I was at the Towson gym one day, and this one girl(very pretty) came up and handed me a flyer for Enigma Thursdays, etc, and said she helped promote it. She had dark hair and looked almost Turkish. Sound familiar? I forget the name of the party but I have the flyer at home.

Yeah, I guess this is a bad time of year to have this dinner thing...oh well, not like anyone's replied to my thread anyway frown.gif.

Where is the Daily Grill...never been there. Does one need to make reservations?

------------------

Nietzche

[This message has been edited by raver_mania (edited 12-14-2000).]

yeah sorry, I probably confused some with the random array of clubs. I go to places like twilo just for the music and dj's. I hit up spa and avalon and places like that with my friends. I'm more into the lounge/upscale scene. Is that what dragon fly and 18th st. lounge are like? I am looking for places that are nice and low key but play great music......

Please allow me to parachute into this thread a little late. I used to live in DC but moved out to LA about two years ago. I don't think 5 was around during my stay. Anyhow, i'm going to be back east for about 10 days over the holidays. Is 5 open any nights other than fri/sat or is it worth it any other nights? How does the crowd compare to 18SL? FINALLY, where is it?

thanks much for the patience.

much peace to you all

5 is right across the street from 18th and 1223, next to Sesto Senso. The crowd is varied...you have people in suits and blazers and you also have people in cargoes and nice t-shirts (no sneakers though). Lately, I've found the vibe there to be half-way decent, esp. toward the front.

The DJs (esp afterhours) are very good, they play mostly trance/progressive house with some hard house thrown in (Sat), and on Thurs they start with happy house and move onto hard house/trance. Every so often they get guest DJs -we've had Sandra Collins, Micro and Oakenfold so far. The wait in line gets to be long if you get there after 1am. Its open till 6.

I believe the owner of Nation is co-owner of 5, and the other co-owner is apparently none other than Scott Henry!

------------------

Nietzche

Originally posted by carrieelisabeth:

yeah it is scott henry, i talked to both of them (john and scott) the day before it opened and they were really amped about bringing in good music. john owns tons of clubs and was excited about this one because he thought it would attract a varied crowd, and he was right. what other nights besides saturdays are good? friday isnt really good anywhere so im really thinking mary and i are going to end up at 18th street lounge, AGAIN.

Carrie, I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one...on the contrary, I think Friday is actually the better night when it comes to music. Every Friday, Buzz@Nation gets talent from all over the world....IMO, the only other place that beats Buzz on the east coast is Twilo.

------------------

Nietzche